Red Wings/Black Hawks...

Baz

This. ------------------>
Damn, your sorry ass Canes are going to get swept!!! :killingme ....Get the brooms out!

Probably.

I came into the series thinking the Penguins would probably win. But I had no idea of the domination in store. Their stars all all over the place, and the few the canes have are non-existent.

If Eric Staal, Cole, and Brindy don't come out on Tuesday, it's over.

For the record, I know the Canes can't beat the Penguins. Just avoid the sweep. Take it to game 6, at best.

Pens @ Detroit, round 2.

Penguins are better than they were last year.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Penguins are better than they were last year.

Lost in the conversation is that the Penns were there, the finals, last year and got beat. They're pretty much the same team, so, the motivation that can come from being so close is in their favor.

They are tested, rock soild and have a super star, Sidney, and a freaking MONSTER in Malkin.

I'm thinking the base of the Penns, all the folks who are playing solid, will match the Red Wings in terms of being so solid as a team and Crosy and Malkin make the difference.

Detroit is the immovable object and the Penns are the irresistible force.

This should be GREAT. :buddies:

Baz

Lost in the conversation is that the Penns were there, the finals, last year and got beat. They're pretty much the same team, so, the motivation that can come from being so close is in their favor.

They are tested, rock soild and have a super star, Sidney, and a freaking MONSTER in Malkin.

I'm thinking the base of the Penns, all the folks who are playing solid, will match the Red Wings in terms of being so solid as a team and Crosy and Malkin make the difference.

Detroit is the immovable object and the Penns are the irresistible force.

This should be GREAT. :buddies:

Not getting ahead of reality, but IF the Penguins re-enguage the Red Wings in the Finals, my money would be on the Penguins. Based on what I've seen this year. The Penguins are getting stronger, and have the added motivation of being younger, AND experienced, and angry.

Whereas the Wings are older, slower, and successful. Fat, dumb, and happy. Been there, done that. Not as hungry.

We may soon see.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Whereas the Wings are older, slower, and successful. Fat, dumb, and happy. Been there, done that. Not as hungry.

Uh, that's not the team I've been seeing. They are freaking awesome. I'm simply speculating that the Penns are gonna have an edge yet are gonna have to REALLY play some great hockey to make it.

Fat, dumb and happy wouldn't be schooling the Red Hawks like this.

Baz

Uh, that's not the team I've been seeing. They are freaking awesome. I'm simply speculating that the Penns are gonna have an edge yet are gonna have to REALLY play some great hockey to make it.

Fat, dumb and happy wouldn't be schooling the Red Hawks like this.

Blackhawks are ahead of their curve. As the Penguins kind of were, though the Penguins were a year more experienced and tested than Chicago.

All year long (last year) everyone mentioned that Pit was too young and inexperienced. Then they blew up the East and pulled out a couple wins against the best team in hockey, Detroit.

Now the Pens still have that talented youth, but have the extra experience of having done that. Added some key vets, and a tougher playoff road.

It'll be theirs, as long as the Canes don't win 4 ina a row. :lol:

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Blackhawks are ahead of their curve. As the Penguins kind of were, though the Penguins were a year more experienced and tested than Chicago. Perfect comparison. Hawks are young and in a bit over their head, just as advertised.

All year long (last year) everyone mentioned that Pit was too young and inexperienced. Then they blew up the East and pulled out a couple wins against the best team in hockey, Detroit.

Now the Pens still have that talented youth, but have the extra experience of having done that. Added some key vets, and a tougher playoff road.

It'll be theirs, as long as the Canes don't win 4 ina a row. :lol:

I said in another post it's a decent consolation prize for the Caps knowing they are clearly the #2 team in the East. By a single damn goal.

:buddies:

Baz

I said in another post it's a decent consolation prize for the Caps knowing they are clearly the #2 team in the East. By a single damn goal.

Clearly the Capitals are not the #2 team in the East. Maybe for regular season, but nobody cares about regular season once your team gets bounced in the playoffs. Ask Sharks fans how rewarding that President's Trophy is. :roflmao:

Everyone who knows anything about it realizes the Hurricanes and the Penguins were the hottest teams in the east for the last quarter of the season. Look who's in the Conference finals. The Caps limped in, and exchanged goalies at both ends of their runs. They should have destroyed the Rangers, but barely beat them. They were blessed to have taken it to 7 against Pittsburgh.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Clearly the Capitals are not the #2 team in the East. Maybe for regular season, but nobody cares about regular season once your team gets bounced in the playoffs. Ask Sharks fans how rewarding that President's Trophy is. :roflmao:

Everyone who knows anything about it realizes the Hurricanes and the Penguins were the hottest teams in the east for the last quarter of the season. Look who's in the Conference finals. The Caps limped in, and exchanged goalies at both ends of their runs. They should have destroyed the Rangers, but barely beat them. They were blessed to have taken it to 7 against Pittsburgh.

Do you not see how absurd you're being? The Caps were ONE goal from BEATING the Penns, a team we both see going all the way and the Canes are getting KILLED by P'burgh.

You're being absurd.

Black-Francis

Do you not see how absurd you're being? The Caps were ONE goal from BEATING the Penns, a team we both see going all the way and the Canes are getting KILLED by P'burgh.

You're being absurd.

I agree with you, Larry....Baz "The Spaz", clearly has blinders on.... :larry:

Baz

You're being absurd.

Loser of the conference finals is the 2nd best team in the East.

I don't know if you saw game 7 of your series against the Penguins, but it was not a 1 goal game.

Carolina has beaten the Bruins and Devils, two higher seeded teams. Whereas your team barely beat the lame Rangers, and got their butts handed to them at home in game 7 against a lower seeded Pittsburgh team.

If that spells #2 team in the East" to you, well, that would be typical. :lol:

Black-Francis

Loser of the conference finals is the 2nd best team in the East.

I don't know if you saw game 7 of your series against the Penguins, but it was not a 1 goal game.

Carolina has beaten the Bruins and Devils, two higher seeded teams. Whereas your team barely beat the lame Rangers, and got their butts handed to them at home in game 7 against a lower seeded Pittsburgh team.

If that spells #2 team in the East" to you, well, that would be typical. :lol:

Sorry, kid......Carolina is not a better team than the Caps...No doubt the Caps had a breakdown in Game 7 and I would not say the Rangers are a "lame" team....Clearly Theo could not step his game up for the playoffs and the Caps made that adjustment to make them start winning games.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Sorry, kid......Carolina is not a better team than the Caps...No doubt the Caps had a breakdown in Game 7 and I would not say the Rangers are a "lame" team....Clearly Theo could not step his game up for the playoffs and the Caps made that adjustment to make them start winning games.

Thank you.

2 OT losses in a 7 game series seems simple enough to understand; one goal. Or so I thought. :lol:

In any event, the Caps, for sure, laid an egg in game 7. However, taking the Penns to 7, however it played out, is a damn sight better than getting swept like Carolina is about to be. They're over matched. The Caps weren't.

LordStanley

I know nothing
Thank you.

2 OT losses in a 7 game series seems simple enough to understand; one goal. Or so I thought. :lol:

In any event, the Caps, for sure, laid an egg in game 7. However, taking the Penns to 7, however it played out, is a damn sight better than getting swept like Carolina is about to be. They're over matched. The Caps weren't.

Larry... Really???

Just in shots on net, the Caps got out worked, night after night. There was not one game where the caps out shot the pens.

256 to 180 in shots favoring the Pens....

the only thing the caps had going for them was Varlamov. He was the only reason the series went 7 games...

Had Theodore stayed in net, the caps would have never made it past the first round.

The Caps got lucky behind a hot rookie netminder... Nothing more.

Sorry, but the caps can only claim 3rd best in the east...

Black-Francis

Larry... Really???

Just in shots on net, the Caps got out worked, night after night. There was not one game where the caps out shot the pens.

256 to 180 in shots favoring the Pens....

the only thing the caps had going for them was Varlamov. He was the only reason the series went 7 games...

Had Theodore stayed in net, the caps would have never made it past the first round.

The Caps got lucky behind a hot rookie netminder... Nothing more.

Sorry, but the caps can only claim 3rd best in the east...

Damn, I didn't know that shots on goal declared the winner of games....:confused: Pens schooled Carolina.....Caps match up much better w/ the best team in the East.....:howdy:

LordStanley

I know nothing
Damn, I didn't know that shots on goal declared the winner of games....:confused: Pens schooled Carolina.....Caps match up much better w/ the best team in the East.....:howdy:

Well now you know... And the caps didnt match up better to the pens. Varlamov matched up better... Well except in Game 7

If you look at the stats... The Canes matched up better. Which is why they were both in the conference finals and the caps were golfing with the rest of the teams no longer in the playoffs.

But the canes got outshot, and Cam Ward was less then stellar. So my theory is sound.

OldHillcrestGuy

Well now you know... And the caps didnt match up better to the pens. Varlamov matched up better... Well except in Game 7

If you look at the stats... The Canes matched up better. Which is why they were both in the conference finals and the caps were golfing with the rest of the teams no longer in the playoffs.

But the canes got outshot, and Cam Ward was less then stellar. So my theory is sound.

No way, Canes have no offense, only thing they have is Stall. They got blown out by Pens.

LordStanley

I know nothing
No way, Canes have no offense, only thing they have is Stall. They got blown out by Pens.

How do you figure??? The Canes went up against 2 of the best netminders in the league... They outscored the devils, but even being outscored by the bruins, they still scored 16 to Bostons 17...

The caps couldnt get any pucks through the Pens Defense. Not to mention the caps barely made it passed the Rangers.

If you all are judging better matchups because the series went 7 games, then the caps were better matched up against the 7th seeded rangers too :killingme