Red Wings/Black Hawks...

Baz

This. ------------------>
I love how I am a "bandwagon" fan just because I started posting in here....I have followed the Caps since a kid yet you jumped on Carolina's "bandwagon" you speak of because I know you were never a Whalers fan. So if being a one team fan for all of my life of watching hockey compared to you just becoming a Canes fan is "bandwagon" then give me the wheel, Douchey!

You're correct, I was not a Carolina Hurricanes fan before the Hurricanes came into existence. I admit I waited until they were a team before I watched any of their games, or bought their jersey. I used their nonexistence as an excuse. I hopped on the bandwagon, because I wasn't hardcore enough to be a fan of a team that didn't exist.

I feel so ashamed.

Black-Francis

You're correct, I was not a Carolina Hurricanes fan before the Hurricanes came into existence. I admit I waited until they were a team before I watched any of their games, or bought their jersey. I used their nonexistence as an excuse. I hopped on the bandwagon, because I wasn't hardcore enough to be a fan of a team that didn't exist.

I feel so ashamed.

They did exist, just in another city......Just like your North Stars!

Peter Forsberg

I feel so ashamed.
Well you fit right in with the Caps fans....no need to be ashamed....Just hop on the wagon....all aboard.

OldHillcrestGuy

Huet did play a good game, 44 shots. Would love to see the Wings shut down the Pens but dont think thats going to happen, looks like its the Pens year. Pens in 6.

Baz

This. ------------------>
It depends on the Wings injuries. If healthy Wings win.

Red Wings fans already have their built-in excuse loaded and ready for if their team loses. Well, that and The Grand Conspiracy, of course.

That said, I think the Penguins are capable of beating the Wings if both teams were completely healthy. The Penguins were *that* close to forcing a game 7 last year, after basically giving the Wings the first two games. This Penguins team is deeper, better, well conditioned, and much more experienced than last year's. Bylsma has them playing more agressively on offense, while maintaining Therien's defensive scheme that got them to the finals last year.

Should be a great series. I'm going to pick the Penguins in 7, but they could wrap it up in 6 if the Wings are as injured as it appears. I wouldn't at all be surprised if Detroit takes it, but I just don't feel they'll get it done against this determined (on many levels) Pittsburgh team.