Redskins 2008...

tommyjones

I'm still not sold on Zorn as a coach, it seemed like danny boy couldn't get anyone he hard wood for, so he took someone he could get, and cheap. Additionally, i didn't see anything stellar in the preseason, out of any aspect of the team. we have the same choking kicker. our O line looks like it is about the same as last year, and our secondary is woeful.
I hope i am wrong, but i would be surprised with 8-8, or another year of Zorny

angelbaby

Buddylee,
You know I love you BUT a real redskins fan would NEVER like anything about dallas to any extent. :nono: That's why I won't participate in fantasy football because that would mean I would have to root for a dallas player. NO WAY not happening! Even if it is just "fantasy". :ohwell:

BuddyLee

Football addict
I'm still not sold on Zorn as a coach, it seemed like danny boy couldn't get anyone he hard wood for, so he took someone he could get, and cheap. Additionally, i didn't see anything stellar in the preseason, out of any aspect of the team. we have the same choking kicker. our O line looks like it is about the same as last year, and our secondary is woeful.
I hope i am wrong, but i would be surprised with 8-8, or another year of Zorny
You shouldn't be sold on Zorn, not yet!

You gotta' wait until it counts.

As far as our kicker, he was 83% last year which is good for about 12th in the league. Not too shabby. Plus he's made every kick in the pre-season except the first. That includes many 40+ yard attempts. He made every single kick in the meadowlands last year (Giants and Jets), a hard feat. He won the games in overtime against Miami and the Jets. He has a better career percentage than Mark Mosely. Yet, he misses one kick in the playoffs and is now a 'choker'.:doh:

We'll see about the secondary. I'm not sure how that will pan out.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Buddylee,
You know I love you BUT a real redskins fan would NEVER like anything about dallas to any extent. :nono: That's why I won't participate in fantasy football because that would mean I would have to root for a dallas player. NO WAY not happening! Even if it is just "fantasy". :ohwell:
Don't get me wrong, I loathe Dallas. I take great joy in laughing at every loss. However, I can smile sometimes when I see a remarkable play or a superb comeback. Yes, I despise the team but they also play the game I love.

tommyjones

You shouldn't be sold on Zorn, not yet!

You gotta' wait until it counts.

As far as our kicker, he was 83% last year which is good for about 12th in the league. Not too shabby. Plus he's made every kick in the pre-season except the first. That includes many 40+ yard attempts. He made every single kick in the meadowlands last year (Giants and Jets), a hard feat. He won the games in overtime against Miami and the Jets. He has a better career percentage than Mark Mosely. Yet, he misses one kick in the playoffs and is now a 'choker'.:doh:

We'll see about the secondary. I'm not sure how that will pan out.

i guess you weren't watching the games where he missed one at the begining to take the wind out of our sails last year...

I have no confidence in him, last year way too many "gimmes" were missed, and i wasn't surprised at all to see him miss in the play offs. do you have stats on how many times gibbs elected to go for it or punt on fourth because he didn't have confidence?

BuddyLee

Football addict
i guess you weren't watching the games where he missed one at the begining to take the wind out of our sails last year...
Oh yea...which game would that be? Oh you said games, so which games?

I have no confidence in him, last year way too many "gimmes" were missed, and i wasn't surprised at all to see him miss in the play offs. do you have stats on how many times gibbs elected to go for it or punt on fourth because he didn't have confidence?
Gibbs elected to go the for the kick each and every time. If you're that close you kick, not punt. :durhard:

Furthermore, he only missed 6 out of 35 I believe. That is pretty good in my eyes. No kick is a gimme in this league. You should be on the edge of your seat when any kicker goes to the line, its not a given.

I guess you haven't paid attention to the kicking game much. That's why we drafted a punter and not a kicker.

BuddyLee

Football addict
BTW, I love it when people talk all this fluff with no proof like they know what they're talking about.

Too easy.

tommyjones

Oh yea...which game would that be? Oh you said games, so which games?

Gibbs elected to go the for the kick each and every time. If you're that close you kick, not punt. :durhard:

Furthermore, he only missed 6 out of 35 I believe. That is pretty good in my eyes. No kick is a gimme in this league. You should be on the edge of your seat when any kicker goes to the line, its not a given.

I guess you haven't paid attention to the kicking game much. That's why we drafted a punter and not a kicker.

i know i was at atleast two games where i heard the sickening sound of the upright being hit or watched a very makable kick be missed. ( i usually sit in the endzone)

you can be in love with suisim if you want but i personally would like to have a kicker where a 30yarder wasn't a hold your breath affair. hell even gibbs couldn't watch fieldgoal attepts at the end of the season.....

BTW, suises stats indicate that he will miss 1 in 6, that aint all that good.