Redskins 2008...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What is it?

Maybe we can arrange for JC to be shipped down to single A. Saw nothing new from him last night, his mind is made up on most plays of where he wants to throw the ball..Saw very few instances(when he had time) of where he checked down to his 2nd,3rd or 4th receiver. His first completion, his eyes never left Moss or El from the time of the snap until he threw it. The book is out on him, blitz the hell out of him and he panics.

He looked good, I thought, the first three pre games, checking down, going through the progression. Against the Jags and Cats and now the Giants, it is just like last year; not smooth, locking on to guys, not feeling where the pressure is coming from. Good Lord, on the sack he stepped right into 3 Redskins who had totally contained two Giants while there was a huge pocket, nice and safe, in the middle.

Is it simply pressure freezes him and that's it?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Not sure if it's been discussed but we are going to, once again, find that Snyder has no patience. He'll give Zorn 2 maybe 3 years and we'll be on here again speculating about what coach Snyie is going to pick.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Is it simply pressure freezes him and that's it?

Thats my thought..He's a couple ticks late on everything when he is under pressure. Things that should be second nature to him aren't. Granted, we can blame it on the 7th offensive system in 8 yrs but its more than that, he's just slow in recognizing/reading the defenses.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
One...

Not sure if it's been discussed but we are going to, once again, find that Snyder has no patience. He'll give Zorn 2 maybe 3 years and we'll be on here again speculating about what coach Snyie is going to pick.

...year is all Zorn needs to show he can do well at this or not and it won't be based on win/loss. It will be based on what the team looks like week 16.

Is the offense effective and does it look like it's his team? That's it.

Defense is not his problem and you gotta remember, Zorn was brought here to be OC. He had to inherit that side of the ball.

We're not going to be any better than 8-8. So, how does the team look doing it? Finish strong? Crawl to the finish line?

Otter

Nothing to see here

If they are below 500 this year, Zorn is gone. Zorn has it all stacked against him. He came here unable to hire HIS people with the exception of the O coordinator. So what we have is a former QB coach as Coach and a college O guy as a Pro O coordinator.

Snyder/Cerrato will be on the phone with Cowher by Thanksgiving.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok...

Thats my thought..He's a couple ticks late on everything when he is under pressure. Things that should be second nature to him aren't. Granted, we can blame it on the 7th offensive system in 8 yrs but its more than that, he's just slow in recognizing/reading the defenses.

...but there is not one offense in the NFL or college that says "Stare at the guy you're gonna throw to from the snap to delivery."

When he went down last year, everything was instantly quicker with Collins; quicker to decide, quicker to dump it off. Quick, quick, quick. Read and react. Don't think. Read and react. Quickly. Where is the safety? Left? Right? Read, react, quickly.

How many times did he throw the ball to a guy on third down that was two yards short of the stick? 5? 6 times? I was yelling at the receivers. Get to the freaking stick and then turn away from how you're being played. Campbell made good throws to the right side of their body. They just weren't even getting to the damn stick!

The whole thing seems out of sync.

On a plus side, I saw us attempt and hit a slant, Randl El, for the first time since Rip left.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm not...

...sure if it's more depressing reading that or realizing you're probably right.

There is NO way we finish over .500

We could be 1-8, 2-7, by the bye.

PsyOps

Pixelated
If they are below 500 this year, Zorn is gone. Zorn has it all stacked against him. He came here unable to hire HIS people with the exception of the O coordinator. So what we have is a former QB coach as Coach and a college O guy as a Pro O coordinator.

I'm not so sure Zorn will be gone after the first year.

But, THAT is the problem. The pressure and lack of faith Snyder perpetuates to his coaches and players. "WIN OR ELSE, in short order!" Snyder didn't get his reputation as a hire and fire coach for nothing. He has no patience for allowing a coach to develop a team. And he meddles too much.

PsyOps

Pixelated
...year is all Zorn needs to show he can do well at this or not and it won't be based on win/loss. It will be based on what the team looks like week 16.

Is the offense effective and does it look like it's his team? That's it.

Defense is not his problem and you gotta remember, Zorn was brought here to be OC. He had to inherit that side of the ball.

We're not going to be any better than 8-8. So, how does the team look doing it? Finish strong? Crawl to the finish line?

8 - 8 is abject failure to Snyder. Makes no difference to him how the team looks. They didn't get the Superbowl = failure. I am completely astounded he stuck with Gibbs so long. Only because of Gibbs' stature did that happen me thinks.

BuddyLee

Football addict
8 - 8 is abject failure to Snyder. Makes no difference to him how the team looks. They didn't get the Superbowl = failure. I am completely astounded he stuck with Gibbs so long. Only because of Gibbs' stature did that happen me thinks.
Well, ideally for any owner its a Super Bowl or a failure.

Snyder has been a prick in the past. The media, fans and even former players (Mark Mays) have spoken out against him. The Gibbs II era was different though and I think he matured a bit. I would be VERY surprised if Zorn wasn't here for at least 3 years.