Redskins and Seahawks

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Unless Seattle picks it up some they have a VERY short run during the playoffs. Seattle is 7-1 @ home and it is a LOUD place to play.

Skins need to:
Score early and often :duh: and shut the 12th man down a la Minnesota

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Dallas fans...

...I'll spell it out;

Right now, the Redskins are playing the best football in the NFC the last 3 weeks. They have a tremendous amount of motivation working for them. The team is playing together awfully well. They are getting the little breaks that can make big difference. They are pretty healthy.

They have a very good shot at a mediocre Seattle team.

Then, in Dallas, either the Cowboys will simply flip a switch and start playing good after finishing the season not playing too well or they will be in for a heck of a game and may well get beat by us.

After that, there is no one left in the NFC we won't be favored against including the Pack.

The Redskins are on a roll.

AndyMarquisLIVE

...I'll spell it out;

Right now, the Redskins are playing the best football in the NFC the last 3 weeks. They have a tremendous amount of motivation working for them. The team is playing together awfully well. They are getting the little breaks that can make big difference. They are pretty healthy.

Then, in Dallas, either the Cowboys will simply flip a switch and start playing good after finishing the season not playing too well or they will be in for a heck of a game and may well get beat by us.

After that, there is no one left in the NFC we won't be favored against including the Pack.

And they're going ALL THE WAY! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

OldHillcrestGuy

...I'll spell it out;

Well said Larry, I couldn't agree more. Look who Seattle has played this year very soft division. Skins play like they have the past 4 weeks and we will be in Dallas in 2 weeks.
Sorry DoWhat but your team hasn't played very well, the past 4 weeks and if they don't pick it up some, they won't get the chance to play Green Bay, cause the Skins will be.

Otter

Nothing to see here
...I'll spell it out;

Talked to my friend from Dallas after the game, her and her boyfriend(HUGE football fan), they aren't too happy with the way the boys have played over the past month. Only person of consequence that they thought they were missing today was TO, and they said "frankly, it wouldn't have mattered if TO had played, the cowboys haven't played well since the green bay game".

All that said, really never know how the playoffs are gonna go, at this point, the skins have just as good a chance at the superbowl as any of the NFC teams in the playoffs, just a rougher road to get there.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Seattle has only beaten one team with a winning record this season, Tampa Bay.

They have beaten Cincinnatti, San Fran twice, St. Louis twice, Chicago, Philly, Arizona, and Baltimore.

They have lost to Arizona, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Cleveland, Carolina, and Atlanta.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Coming into work this morning, all I heard on the radio was all the hosannas to Joe Gibbs for getting the skins into the playoffs. Don't get me wrong, I still think Gibbs is a great coach and he did keep this team together when they could have fallen apart a month ago...But..I doubt very seriously that the skins would have made the playoffs if Campbell hadn't gotten hurt. Campbell is still the future at QB and probably will start next year, but he is/was still a split second short on his decisions whereas Collins has trust in Saunders offense and goes with the flow.

How many people honestly think we'd be where we are if JC had stayed healthy??

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Highly doubt...

Coming into work this morning, all I heard on the radio was all the hosannas to Joe Gibbs for getting the skins into the playoffs. Don't get me wrong, I still think Gibbs is a great coach and he did keep this team together when they could have fallen apart a month ago...But..I doubt very seriously that the skins would have made the playoffs if Campbell hadn't gotten hurt. Campbell is still the future at QB and probably will start next year, but he is/was still a split second short on his decisions whereas Collins has trust in Saunders offense and goes with the flow.

How many people honestly think we'd be where we are if JC had stayed healthy??

...it.

This team is still effed up. Taylors death and Campbells injury are things that would derail a good team...or bring a bad one together.

Kerad

As much as I really don't see it happening, the Steelers did set a precedent for this sort of thing a couple years ago. They had to win their last 4 regular season games just to get the #6 seed...and they rode that momentum to a Super Bowl championship.

Not that this Redskin team has the same talent level as that team did....but it is something to point to.

Seattle is as tough a place as there is to play. If the Skins manage a victory there...ya never know. :shrug:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
They'll beat...

As much as I really don't see it happening, the Steelers did set a precedent for this sort of thing a couple years ago. They had to win their last 4 regular season games just to get the #6 seed...and they rode that momentum to a Super Bowl championship.

Not that this Redskin team has the same talent level as that team did....but it is something to point to.

Seattle is as tough a place as there is to play. If the Skins manage a victory there...ya never know. :shrug:

...Seattle. The tough game is the Dallas game but they are ripe for the taking. We win that one, the NFC championship game in New Jersey will be no easy task either.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yup...

The Giants?!?!

:killingme

...my thoughts are they will crush the Bucs and then they get #2 (while we got to Big D), Green Bay. Maybe I am wrong but I am just not very impressed with the Packers and certainly not Tampa Bay. Eli and the boys have got reason to believe now after that NE game.

Kerad

...my thoughts are they will crush the Bucs and then they get #2 (while we got to Big D), Green Bay. Maybe I am wrong but I am just not very impressed with the Packers and certainly not Tampa Bay. Eli and the boys have got reason to believe now after that NE game.

Strange how we look at the same teams and see entirely different scenarios. :lol:

New York lost a physically and emotionally draining game against the Patriots. Now they've got to fly down to Tampa, where a very well rested (and well rounded) team awaits them.

I'll take the league's #2 defense at home vs. Eli Manning any day.

I'm not so sure the Bucs can go up and win in Green Bay, but I'm picking them this week.

LordStanley

I know nothing
...it.

This team is still effed up. Taylors death and Campbells injury are things that would derail a good team...or bring a bad one together.

Come on!! Campbells injury helped this team. they are playing so much better for Collins than they did for JC.