Redskins Rant

Otter

Nothing to see here
Come on Skins fans tell me how you really feel? Who must Go? Campbell? Horn? How about everybody must go?

Until they hire a real GM that will keep Snyder uninvolved in running the team and get rid of the self-serving buttboy Cerrato, they will stay mired in mediocracy.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Come on Skins fans tell me how you really feel? Who must Go? Campbell? Horn? How about everybody must go?

They've been awfully quiet this morning, haven't they? Haven't seen much burgandy and gold. :roflmao:

They're my team..they've always been my team and always will be. I share Otter's opinion, however. It is what it is.

I do find it interesting that no matter how good or bad the Redskins play, you guys are still obsessed with them. :yay:

Pete

Repete
The only time I have ever seen a sense of desire or fight on Campbells part was last night on that run he did late in the 4th quarter to get the first down just prior to scoring.

I am on Boy's bandwagon. Campbell does not have what it takes to take them past 8-8.

Go Skins!

Peter Forsberg

They're my team..they've always been my team and always will be. I share Otter's opinion, however. It is what it is.

I do find it interesting that no matter how good or bad the Redskins play, you guys are still obsessed with them. :yay:
I'm not obsessed with them I simply asked a question on what changes need to be made to be competitive in the NFC East. :confused:

PsyOps

Pixelated
Until they hire a real GM that will keep Snyder uninvolved in running the team and get rid of the self-serving buttboy Cerrato, they will stay mired in mediocracy.

I've been saying this for years and routinely get attacked for it on here. I'm like Cat that the Skins will always be my team. I feel like the parent that kicked my kid out because of his rebellion. I love him and he is welcome back when he gets his attitude straight.

Not until Snyder is gone will I really accept the Skins as they are. And it’s my opinion that they will never be a SB team until then.

MrSnyder

I've been saying this for years and routinely get attacked for it on here. I'm like Cat that the Skins will always be my team. I feel like the parent that kicked my kid out because of his rebellion. I love him and he is welcome back when he gets his attitude straight.

Not until Snyder is gone will I really accept the Skins as they are. And it’s my opinion that they will never be a SB team until then.

:burning:

OldHillcrestGuy

He's not as bad as he was at first, when he brought Jeff George and Deion Sanders in. Thank God he is not like the owner of 'America's Team' :killingme, boy I bet Ole Jerry is pissed this morning:yahoo: Comes out last week and says the coaching staff will stay intact for next year and then they turn around and get a good ole fashion azz kicking by Philly. Would have loved to have seem TO getting more and more pissed as the game went along, bet he wasnt quiet on the sidelines.:yahoo:

angelbaby

Who should go..

First and foremost is Suisham. We need a reliable kicker. I also think Randel El needs to go. He is an awful punt returner. He's like a wind up toy, he runs around in a circle and falls down. Carlos Rogers, you could'nt pay me to wear that jersey. Same for Fred Smoot. Our key players are still Portis, Moss, Cooley and I will throw in Chris Horton because of his performance this year. Questionable to me are still Campbell, Jason Taylor (even he knows his performance has been lackluster), Laron Landry (one stand out play all season),and pretty much all of the offensive line.

I will still proudly sport my Burgundy and Gold...:buddies:

OldHillcrestGuy

First and foremost is Suisham. We need a reliable kicker. I also think Randel El needs to go. He is an awful punt returner. He's like a wind up toy, he runs around in a circle and falls down. Carlos Rogers, you could'nt pay me to wear that jersey. Same for Fred Smoot. Our key players are still Portis, Moss, Cooley and I will throw in Chris Horton because of his performance this year. Questionable to me are still Campbell, Jason Taylor (even he knows his performance has been lackluster), Laron Landry (one stand out play all season),and pretty much all of the offensive line.

I will still proudly sport my Burgundy and Gold...:buddies:

Offensive line is old they need new young players, Randle El gots to go, fair catch or as you say run around in circles and fall down, Suisham had very bad year this year can never kickoff into the endzone. Rogers had very good year defensive backs are fine with the exception of Springs he is getting too old, started out good beginning of the year, then after the injuries hasnt been the same got beat bad couple of times yesterday. Linebackers Marcus Washington has to go saw him celebrate a tackle yesterday after the runner was stopped after about a 6 yards gain and the Skins down, come on your team is losing, the defense having a hard time slowing Frisco down toward the end of the game and you celebrate stopping a 6 yard gain, if it was a sack or stopped in the backfield that would be different. Dont think Candle is going to make it, started out good but then it seemed he went back to his old ways, just running around, holding the ball too long getting sacked. Skins diffently need a pass rush, theres players out there that had more sacks this year then the whole Skins team had.
With all the coaching changes after last year Gibbs gone Williams gone, new coach new system that 6 and 2 start kind of spoiled us Skins fans who would have thought they would have even made 8 and 8.
Id rather be a disappointed Skins fan today, then a really pissed off Cowboy:killingme fan, whose team was a preseason pick for the Super Bowl but ended up in the toilet bowl.:yahoo::yahoo:

Last edited:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Honestly, not many need to go, just key things need to be added.

Campbell may not have looked like an All Pro this year, but for the time he had in the pocket on the majority of plays, i think he held his own. Being every time he dropped back 5-7 steps he was about to be unloaded on, or had absolutely no one to throw too is not his fault. I think it just took him to long to realize to try and run for a zero gain or positive gain.

COLT BLOWS!!! He looked good in pre-season against guys who aren't in the league or are on practice squads..hince Ryan Bischetti(sp) beast every pre-season but has a hard time staying on the practice squad.

I think we need a better O-line, we are aging there, no doubt about that, we need to revamp our interior D-line, I think Carter has the go power to be ok where he is, but when our DT's can be handles well with single blocking, that leaves the RB/FB/ available to help out on the D-Ends.. Lets get it straight, the reason Demarcus Ware, Justin Tuck, Jared Alllen are such excellent pass rush DE's, is the interior takes up 2 people every down...leaving them normally to beat 1 guy as opposed to 2.

I think the rookies need to be more involved next year, and I think with this year, and this off season, they will be.

I think both kickers need to go. I think we need to find someone in the draft, or FA to do NOTHING but PR/KR, and if somewhere else they can contribute, more power to them.

As for being upset with this season, IM NOT!!!!!!! We took a 9-7 team from last year, changed 50-60% of the offense, and a new D coordinator who didn't run the scheme's like Williams did and still had a TOP 10 D...

I will gladly except 8-8 over 5-11, 6-10, 4-12 as most "experts" thought we would do.

Now granted, I am dissapointed to go 6-2 and be strong like we were to finish out 2-6 and weak looking. But when the offense goes 3 an out every series, your D gets tired, and they give up plays... That's how it happens...

I'm excitied about next year, and I also hope Vinny goes.

I'll keep Synder, I like how he's not afraid to spend the $$$ he just needs someone better to tell him WHERE to spend the $$$