Redskins to conduct 'thorough review' of team name amid intense scrutiny

Crabcatcher79

YOU should have no problem, EVERYTHING Offends YOU

Seems like you guys are the ones who keep complaining about every little trivial thing.

“Someone painted a street!” “Someone retired a offense name”. “Someone stop flying an offensive flag”
“Why is everyone out to get me”

You guys can’t stand the world is changing for the better and you are getting left behind and everyone opinions and hopes and dreams carry the same weight. Not just old white peoples.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Seems like you guys are the ones who keep complaining about every little trivial thing.

“Someone painted a street!” It didn't need painting.
“Someone retired a offense name”. It wasn't offensive.
“Someone stop flying an offensive flag” No... That's actually one of your cries.
“Why is everyone out to get me” Again... That's actually one of your cries.

You guys can’t stand us ****ing up the country with our stupid bullshit! :fixed:
:yay:

Crabcatcher79

I don't have anything against you - once in awhile I even agree - just don't have the balls to say so - so I hope you don't take this offensively; I don't mean it that way. How is changing the name Redskins going to make the world a better place? Honestly of all the things to change in the world - this ranks up with just plain stupid.

Because it is offensive and a racial slur to the original inhabitants of this continent who we tried to eradicate and forced in to "reservations " on their own land through trickery, uneven trades, slaughtering their food supply and aggression.

That oppression goes back hundreds of years while the team name is less than 100 years old. Seems like the least we can do.

Just like now we will call the " master" bedroom the main bedroom. It's inconsequential but why would we want to continue to offend people if we dont have to.

You don't see people gong around saying they got "jewed down or gypped" anymore. Language, names and people evolve as we get better and educate ourselves.

Its only been about 50 years since interracial marriage was legalized in Virginia less then 10 for gay marriage. Things get better as society evolves and I think the names of teams are no different.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Because it is offensive and a racial slur to the original inhabitants of this continent

In YOUR Narrow Mind ......

Seems like the least we can do.

That is YOUR Distorted World View .......

Just like now we will call the " master" bedroom the main bedroom. It's inconsequential but why would we want to continue to offend people if we dont have to.

FFS in 54 yr I have never once run into someone offended by the use if Master Beadroom

How Do Native Americans Feel About the Washington Redskins' Name? You Might Be Surprised

But by virtually any poll, survey or study conducted, that simply doesn’t appear to be the case. At most, it’s fair to say that the nickname is polarizing. But the idea that a name change is necessary for “all”? The numbers simply don’t back that up.

The best-known survey is likely a 2016 Washington Post poll that found 9 out 10 Native Americans don’t find the “Redskins” name offensive.

The poll asked a random national sample of 504 Native American adults and was conducted via phone interviews. The margin of error was 5.5 percentage points.

[clip]

The Wolvereye survey took a more human approach to their survey. Instead of asking whether a person was offended by “Redskins,” it delved into what it called “emotional DNA” and asked for specific feelings on the team’s name.

The Wolvereye survey instead presented interviewees with 40 options that included feelings such as “proud,” “love” and “fear.”
The findings were fascinating.

The most common emotion the survey takers cited when asked about how they felt about Redskins’ name was “proud.” The next most common was “indifferent.”

In fact, of the top five most common emotions, three of them were categorized as “positive.” That list includes the aforementioned “proud,” “content” and “satisfied.”

The only negative emotion to crack the top five was merely “annoyed.” That sure seems like a far cry from the deeply wounded emotions that detractors of the name would have you think Native Americans feel about it.

Crabcatcher79

Thank you for answering my post. I respect your opinion, but this to me is just as stupid as it gets given the history behind the name. I honestly don't know anyone who calls American Natives - Redskins. If the protestors really want to make a difference maybe they should direct their energy to changing minds and not names. This is just putting a band aid on a pretend boo boo. It makes no difference whatsoever.

Oh and in my house it's still a master bedroom. I can't imagine that offending anyone and if it does it's only because someone told you, you should be.

Yeah To you because you are not native or black. But every time some mentions a master bedroom its a subtle reminder that the country is set up for White people and built on the backs of slave labor.

If your ancestors had been brought here against their will enslaved , raped and beaten you might be a bit more sensitive to even a trivial thing like a "master bedroom"

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Yeah To you because you are not native or black. But every time some mentions a master bedroom its a subtle reminder that the country is set up for White people and built on the backs of slave labor.

If your ancestors had been brought here against their will enslaved , raped and beaten you might be a bit more sensitive to even a trivial thing like a "master bedroom"
:roflmao: :killingme :roflmao: :killingme :roflmao:

Crabcatcher79

Oh Jesus Christ - excuse my language. Mentioning a master bedroom bedroom is a subtle reminder that this country is set up for white people? Sweetie, that is the STUPIDEST thing I have ever heard in my entire life and anyone who's sensitive to that needs a psychiatrist to get over their idiotic sensitivities.

Again. That is your privilege.

The term master bedroom refers to the master of the plantations bedroom.

No one is being psychologically damaged by it but its a daily reminder of slavery.

Just as the term " redskin" is a daily reminder of the forced eradication of native peoples

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Again. That is your privilege.

The term master bedroom refers to the master of the plantations bedroom.

No one is being psychologically damaged by it but its a daily reminder of slavery.

Just as the term " redskin" is a daily reminder of the forced eradication of native peoples
:killingme :roflmao: :killingme :roflmao: :killingme :roflmao: :killingme :roflmao:

You need deep psychological help!

:killingme :roflmao: :killingme :roflmao: :killingme :roflmao: :killingme :roflmao:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

You need deep psychological help!

When I hear redskin, I think potato. Frankly, I prefer the Yukon golden ones.

Wait...