Redskins to conduct 'thorough review' of team name amid intense scrutiny

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
You're full of it if you seriously think of slaves and plantations every time you enter a bedroom that's larger than the rest of them. Don't bother to respond, I'm no longer interested.
The media taught him that. He never woulda thunk it on his own...

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
:jameo: TRIGGERALERTTRIGGERALERT!!! :jameo:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
You're full of it if you seriously think of slaves and plantations every time you enter a bedroom that's larger than the rest of them. Don't bother to respond, I'm no longer interested.
Hes full of crap.

It refers to the "Master of the house" aka Male head of the house.

Sappy has *Super-Whitey complex. ( *Courtesy of Vrai )

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
But every time some mentions a master bedroom its a subtle reminder that the country is set up for White people and built on the backs of slave labor.

If your ancestors had been brought here against their will enslaved , raped and beaten you might be a bit more sensitive to even a trivial thing like a "master bedroom"

Fantasy, Supposition, Innuendo and OPINION

YOU should go on a crusade to Africa where SLAVERY still exists ...... Muslims NEVER Stopped

FettZilla

They should be the "Washington Red Hogs" as an homage to the offensive line known as "the Hogs" during the 1980s that got them 3 Super Bowl wins.

Hijinx

This one will draw fire.

America was built by white men with guns.

And it may have to be saved the same way

PsyOps

Pixelated
But every time some mentions a master bedroom its a subtle reminder that the country is set up for White people...

Horsehockey! Master Bedroom is a resounding reminder that it is I who is the master of my home.

Good lord you flakes have an endless barrel of things to be offended over. Will you PLEASE gives us the full list of words you people have determined we should no longer use?

SamSpade

Except for that pesky fact that most of the country was NOT "built on the backs of slave labor". You mental midgets and your parroted narratives, I swear..

About all that could be said is that Southern plantations were. And that's about it. The industrial powerhouse that the North was at the time of the Civil War and all that entails - factories, railroads, roads, commerce, trade, canals, bridges - that wasn't created or built by slaves.

Economically the South was the poor redheaded stepchild compared to the North - and it took a century for it to catch up.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Sapidus WRONG Again

The Origin of the Master Bedroom

Bedrooms in 1700’s
In the colonial era, the average American home contained only one multi-use room, where the family would cook, eat, socialize, and drink. Having luxuries, like the privacy of a master bedroom, would have been impossible. Working consumed most of the day, taking away the opportunity for leisure time. If a family was lucky enough to have a multi-room house, they rooms determined out of function. (The kids might sleep in one room, while the parents slept in the main room).

The 1800’s
As wealth increased, rooms in houses began to serve specific designated functions. Suddenly there were parlors for company. A room just for eating. Servants’ quarters. A bedroom for the children. And (finally) parents had their own bedroom. Individual rooms meant wealth and status. As a result, most houses had many small rooms — no master bedrooms, yet.

The 1900’s
By the turn of the century, most bedrooms were built on the second floor of the home, making them much more private. The 1926 Sears catalog marks the first recorded use of the phrase “master bedroom.” At $4,398 the Dutch colonial house was the most expensive in the catalog, featuring: a sunporch, built-in kitchen cupboards, and a “master’s” bedroom with a “private” bathroom.

The master bedroom existed, but it still wasn’t popular in the modern American home; however, the American home was evolving. After WWII, marriages happened out of romance instead of practicality and the rise of the baby boom meant homes structure began to change. New homes featured “togetherness.” Instead of the small, closed off rooms of the 1800’s, houses were built with a more open floor plan. Critics of this new design called for more privacy, specifically for the hard-working parents. They deserved their own space. The widespread implementation of master bedrooms marked the need for a “sanctuary” within the home. As centralized heating and air-conditioning became more popular, master bedrooms began to increase in size, quickly morphing into the master bedrooms we think of today.

Grumpy

Just read it, some very over-the-top stuff, some not so much. The stuff about Snyder, I firmly believe. Worked with a guy that worked for Snyder Communications before Snyder bought the redskins and he said he was a total tyrant and ahole and the main reason he left that company. As usual, with all 'news' I read nowadays, I take it all with a grain of salt, especially the WaPo.

herb749

After all this if they say we are keeping the redskins name and changing it to a potato, what can the aggrieved say then .?