Reheating Pizza

SamSpade

I like naked chicken. No flour. Wings are great made in Air Fryer. Toss them in a little avocado oil and salt and pepper. Cook for your desired crunch. :yum:
Well, REAL Buffalo wings are made that way. I just know I once tried "easy air fried chicken" and lived to regret the mess.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Grumpy dislikes GBC is why he mentioned it. Like every TG here on this forum when GBC is mentioned you have the lovers and haters of that mess. The war started in another thread.

I like naked chicken. No flour. Wings are great made in Air Fryer. Toss them in a little avocado oil and salt and pepper. Cook for your desired crunch. :yum:
I order my wings nekked whenever I order them out. Most of the time, I can get them that way. With Buffalo sauce on the side. :yay:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Primarily for reheating pizza, but on occasion things like ham steaks or lean burgers.

However our George Foreman grill gets much more use for cooking steaks, brats, Italian sausage and the like.
I don't have an air fryer- I looked at the B & D multi-function one that Vrai just listed, but I'm still not ready to part with the counter space that one would need. ( know - I could get rid of the toaster I currently have, but I don't have anything else but my Keurig and I don't want to get rid of that! :jameo: I think a multi-function appliance like Vria's would be a VERY good appliance for Thing1 to learn to use, though, because he does not cook* on the stove, just in the micro, so I'm thinking of possibly getting an even smaller one to start with. (just not yet!)

However, I used to have a GF grill and it seems that would be a lot messier and a pain to clean up than the air fryer. Have you tried to cook those items in that, yet?

(*there are many reasons for this: while he's very intelligent about and can manage a great many tasks, cooking on a stove and/or using the oven is not one that we've tackled. Not even an electric skillet. It's probably ME that is not willing to let him progress to using the gas stove, yet, much less while I'm away. He has no interest in it, either, so there's that.)

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I don't have an air fryer- I looked at the B & D multi-function one that Vrai just listed, but I'm still not ready to part with the counter space that one would need. ( know - I could get rid of the toaster I currently have, but I don't have anything else but my Keurig and I don't want to get rid of that! :jameo: I think a multi-function appliance like Vria's would be a VERY good appliance for Thing1 to learn to use, though, because he does not cook* on the stove, just in the micro, so I'm thinking of possibly getting an even smaller one to start with. (just not yet!)

However, I used to have a GF grill and it seems that would be a lot messier and a pain to clean up than the air fryer. Have you tried to cook those items in that, yet?

(*there are many reasons for this: while he's very intelligent about and can manage a great many tasks, cooking on a stove and/or using the oven is not one that we've tackled. Not even an electric skillet. It's probably ME that is not willing to let him progress to using the gas stove, yet, much less while I'm away. He has no interest in it, either, so there's that.)
I have an air fryer, so far have just done breaded mozzarella sticks.

George isn't too messy, plus when I use it, sits by the sink. Get the hot water flowing, rinse, dish brush with a bit of soap, rinse again, all done.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Also, I must add ..... The attraction to pizza is not just that it can be delivered quickly and still be hot and tasty, but that its ultimate, intended, and universally accepted utility it has, is that it requires no reheating once put as leftovers in the frig. Just grab a slice the next day to quench that snack pang.

Page 4 ............

Clem72

Well, REAL Buffalo wings are made that way. I just know I once tried "easy air fried chicken" and lived to regret the mess.
Yeah, don't air fry anything with sauce on it. I do wings occasionally in the air fryer and they come out pretty good. Lightly seasoned before and sauced after.

PJay

Yeah, don't air fry anything with sauce on it. I do wings occasionally in the air fryer and they come out pretty good. Lightly seasoned before and sauced after.
Barbecue sauce on chicken in the air fryer is delicious.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I tried to do wings in the air fryer and it made a disgusting mess. Spatter all over and I had to deep clean the whole thing. It's significantly less messy to go to the gas station and get a mess of Krispy Krunchy fried chicken.

PJay

I tried to do wings in the air fryer and it made a disgusting mess. Spatter all over and I had to deep clean the whole thing. It's significantly less messy to go to the gas station and get a mess of Krispy Krunchy fried chicken.
Is why I like basket air fryers the best. Less mess and easier to clean. I have a big microwave/confection oven and a regular stove bake/convection oven. Grease flies all over the walls, etc. Basket air fryers you only have to wash the nonstick basket.

Not trying to convince you to change what you have or going to the gas station. Just sharing info for people considering buying one.

Last edited: