Religious Fanatics

Dork

Highlander's MPD
PsyOps said:
That's not true. The first Christian religion was called the Way. You'll find it in Acts.

I guess the world will always have different religions and we'll always agree to disagree. If you want to rent some space in the shopping center and start a NEW COMMUNITY CHURCH OF WHAT'S HAPPENING NOW, go for it. Follow your beliefs. When it comes down to it, most believe in the same god through Christianity. It bothers me when people try to put down Catholics. My family attended three services at a Baptist Church a few years back to see if we'd be interested in attending a Baptist Church. The singing, smiling faces and the feel good stuff they say made it nice but in two of the services, the preacher made negative references to the Catholics. I have NEVER been to a Catholic mass where the Priest cuts on other Christians. No wonder some people have problems with Catholics. They hear crap from the preachers.
I also have a friend who is part of a Seventh Day Church. When I told him that our Catholic Church was huge and had 4 masses every weekend AND that most of the masses were packed, he didn't know what to say.
If you have a problem with Catholics, it's probably because you don't understand something or believe the brainwashing. Our church is busting at the seams so it must still be a pretty popular religion.

SamSpade

Dork said:
If you have a problem with Catholics, it's probably because you don't understand something or believe the brainwashing. Our church is busting at the seams so it must still be a pretty popular religion.

Not even if I was raised Catholic, was altar boy, and went to Catholic high school and middle school?

Stop playing victim. I've also never heard a Catholic priest run down another religon, but I've known numerous Catholic families disown family that left Catholicism. It takes all kinds.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Dork said:
I guess the world will always have different religions and we'll always agree to disagree. If you want to rent some space in the shopping center and start a NEW COMMUNITY CHURCH OF WHAT'S HAPPENING NOW, go for it. Follow your beliefs. When it comes down to it, most believe in the same god through Christianity. It bothers me when people try to put down Catholics. My family attended three services at a Baptist Church a few years back to see if we'd be interested in attending a Baptist Church. The singing, smiling faces and the feel good stuff they say made it nice but in two of the services, the preacher made negative references to the Catholics. I have NEVER been to a Catholic mass where the Priest cuts on other Christians. No wonder some people have problems with Catholics. They hear crap from the preachers.
I also have a friend who is part of a Seventh Day Church. When I told him that our Catholic Church was huge and had 4 masses every weekend AND that most of the masses were packed, he didn't know what to say.
It bothers me when different denominations go at each other’s throats. We are all still brothers and sisters of the same Christ. Over my years I have attended several different types of churches (Catholic, Baptist, Methodist, Church of Christ, and some other non-denominational churches). All of them had their pins to stick at other denominations. They all had ways that tended to push me away from attending as well. A couple of problems I have with the Catholic Church is their demand the congregation call their Priests Father (when Jesus demanded we not call anyone Father except God in Heaven, Mat 23:9), their tendency towards idolatry, and they reject their followers that marry outside the Catholic church. I can’t tell you how many people have told me their church excommunicated them for marrying someone that is not Catholic. I find this quite intolerant and lacking in the love that Christ taught us. On a more personal level, even though I am quite conservative in what I look for in a church, I find the Catholic services stringently structured. It’s just not for me. That all said not one of those points means Catholics aren’t going to heaven or aren’t Christians. That’s not for me (or anyone else) to say. I have just as many problems with other denominations (that is for anther discussion I suppose). I have come to hate these kinds of discussion where Christians are pinned against each for ideological reasons. We still follow the same Christ and God. We should look at each other in that light. ALWAYS!

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
SamSpade said:
Not even if I was raised Catholic, was altar boy, and went to Catholic high school and middle school?

Stop playing victim. I've also never heard a Catholic priest run down another religon, but I've known numerous Catholic families disown family that left Catholicism. It takes all kinds.

I would guess that there's too much of a format to follow in Catholicism for the preist to cut at other religions. The protestant religions seem to have a bit more freedom in thier services.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
I think that satan is alive and well in lots of churches. He and his followers work very hard to keep Christians distracted from the Great Commission. If we worked as hard at proclaiming the Gospel as many do running other Christians down, the world would be won for Jesus.

BuddyLee

Football addict
BL said:
It is funny how there are no religious fanatics that want to talk about all of these priest that have molested children in the New England area. I see in previous posts that some individuals were preaching and quoting the Bible, but now you are silent. And the arrogance of the one Cardinal that won’t step down is sickening to me. He should be thrown in jail.
There was another BL before myself.:pete: