Reported shooting at or near the Big Lots on North Shangri La Drive in Lexington Park, MD

limblips

PREMO Member
I don't own a gun.
I'd rather live somewhere where I can go about my business without needing a gun in my pocket to feel secure enough to get a container of milk.
But until you find that place get a gun and learn how to use it! If I am going to be a statistic I want it to be one of the legal gun owner shoots robbery suspect stats.

glhs837

Power with Control
As much gunplay as we've seen in the Park these last nine months, I find myself pondering the process of getting a carry permit. Odds are low I would even need it, but it feels like they are not as low as they once were. And since I do shopping on GMR and own a home on Chancellors, I cannot avoid it. But nightime trips have been cut back.

glhs837

Power with Control
I haven't been in the GMR plazas after dark in years.

I've made the occasional stop into Food Li... I mean Weiss, but thats really about it after dark these days. Well, CVS and the /pizza joints. Heads on a "Olongapo after 2am and alone" class swivel though.

BernieP

Resident PIA
From what I understand, some states allow its citizens to conceal carry in their lawfully owned personal vehicle without a CCW.
A.K.A: "Expanded Castle Doctrine." :yay:
Unfortunately Maryland is not one of them. I expect the next governor will move even further to make it harder to even own a gun and purchase ammunition. Anti-2nd Amendment politicians are now well funded by billionaires like Mike Bloomberg. They are finding ways to use executive orders to not make it illegal, but to simply "limit" via taxes and fees and other administrative methods, the ability to own a gun and purchase ammo.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When was the last time you were actually in a situation like that, that required a firearm? I have never.

Avoidance.

Yeah. And when chit goes down some people like to stay and watch the show. I'm the one who makes a beeline for the exit.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

When was the last time you were actually in a situation like that, that required a firearm? I have never. Avoidance.
Touché. There was, a couple of times, however, situational awareness, (thank you Armed Services), told me to about face and move out smartly. No sense getting into a gun fight if ya don't have to. Kinda like avoidance. Just so happened I had to be in an 'avoidance area'. But still, I was in a much more defensible position had the need occurred with a firearm, than without.