Republicans For Kerry

Pete

Repete
Sorry, you cannot be trusted to own a firearm. Now don't cry, here here, have a coupon for a free Ztgote elimination and removal. We like to call it that because people figured out "abortion" meant baby killing and that make people sad.

Pete

Repete
:boo: Parental notification.

:yay: Spermicidal, with resevior tip ribbed for your 10th grade daughters pleasure.

Pete

Repete
This post deleted in accordance with the Liberal Protection Act of 2004.

Last edited:
B

Bruzilla

UrbanPancake said:
Right now the UK and Europe are leading the World in Stem Cell Research. If they develop these technologies the US will be behind. This research will also create new jobs in fields that require extensive educational training (instead of staying here in the US they'll go to Europe). These new jobs that will be created will also be compensated very well, while increasing the country's tax revenue to reduce the deficit created by the Bush Administration.

This technology reminds of when we went to the Moon. People said it couldn't be done and it was a waste of money. But American Scientists proved these skeptics wrong. Not only did we make it to the Moon, but we gained so many new technology's from NASA. There is nothing to lose from Stem Cell Research, we have everything to gain.

Hmmmm... "Leading The World" is a relative term. They are leading the World in how much they are spending and level of effort, but they are dead-azz last in results, which means they are tied with everyone else.

Also, please remember this basic rule of life - Talent Goes Where The Money Is. If anything comes out of stem cell research, the US drug companies will be the ones who capitalize on it. And when that happens, all of those Euro-Trash researchers will be on the first plane headed West.

I don't remember anyone saying we couldn't get to the Moon. The issue was how. The physics were easy, we just had to wait for the technology to catch up. Like I said before, quoting my sister, when it comes to stem cell research, the science isn't there.

To me, this whole debate is nothing more than Democrats trying to get more money for their friends in the drug companys.

somd_bluecrab

UrbanPancake said:
Former Republican Governor William Milliken of Michigan denounces Bush and endorses Kerry, and slams Bush for "pandering to the extreme right wing". :moon: He also accuses the Bush Administration of rushing into the war with Iraq, pushing tax cuts for the wealthiest and blocking meaningful stem cell research. I just thought that was interesting. :whistle:

Honestly, the guy is a "former" governor of a very liberal state. Does this surprise anyone?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
somd_bluecrab said:
Honestly, the guy is a "former" governor of a very liberal state. Does this surprise anyone?
Probably not as much as Zell Miller's speech at the RNC.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Pete said:
This post deleted in accordance with the Liberal Protection Act of 2004.
Don't worry... They'll grow in numbers, become an unbearable nuisance again, and the management will repeal it.

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
Bruzilla said:
Hmmmm... "Leading The World" is a relative term. They are leading the World in how much they are spending and level of effort, but they are dead-azz last in results, which means they are tied with everyone else.

Also, please remember this basic rule of life - Talent Goes Where The Money Is. If anything comes out of stem cell research, the US drug companies will be the ones who capitalize on it. And when that happens, all of those Euro-Trash researchers will be on the first plane headed West.

I don't remember anyone saying we couldn't get to the Moon. The issue was how. The physics were easy, we just had to wait for the technology to catch up. Like I said before, quoting my sister, when it comes to stem cell research, the science isn't there.

To me, this whole debate is nothing more than Democrats trying to get more money for their friends in the drug companys.

That's not true. Ireland has been outsourcing our drug companies for years. They have a young smart populace just like we do, and they just have a better business climate for drug companies. Why would they come to the west if the drug companies are already there doing business?

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
I guess when they do develop stem cell technology the American drug companies will sell it to us at extreme prices, while other country's pay less for the same technology.

Pete

Repete
UrbanPancake said:
That's not true. Ireland has been outsourcing our drug companies for years. They have a young smart populace just like we do, and they just have a better business climate for drug companies. Why would they come to the west if the drug companies are already there doing business?
Sir/Madam,

I have taken the liberty of highlighting a portion of your text above red. I ask that you proffer an opinion as to why our drug companies would find it necessary to outsource to another nation.

I contend that the basic cannon of “strict liability” laws borne from England in the early 1400’s have been corrupted and are in dire need of reform. Do you concur?

Last edited:

SamSpade

Bruzilla said:
I don't remember anyone saying we couldn't get to the Moon. The issue was how. The physics were easy, we just had to wait for the technology to catch up.

I'm reminded of a little bit from that era - that most of the early rocket scientists were Germans, who came to this country to compete in the space race. One of my favorite lines from "The Right Stuff" - "Our Germans are better than their Germans".

The best minds come here, eventually.

As another quote said, in "The Right Stuff".

Gordon Cooper : You know what makes this bird go up? FUNDING makes this bird go up.
Gus Grissom : He's right. No bucks, no Buck Rogers.

Pete

Repete
UrbanPancake said:
I guess when they do develop stem cell technology the American drug companies will sell it to us at extreme prices, while other country's pay less for the same technology.
Dear Sir/Madam,

I have come to notice your infatuation pertaining to stem cell research. I take this opportunity to ask the depth of your knowledge on that subject. Would you say you have studied it in depth, lightly, an expert or simply familiar with the term because your party is an advocate for it and the opposition is against it?

I would also like to ask if you are of the age that you would remember the numerous medical fallacies, that have been perpetuated by “scientists” and I use the term loosely, by swaying the results to be more pleasing to the sponsors of their studies? The one that is in the forefront of my mind is Bran reducing cholesterol.

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
Pete said:
Sir/Madam,

I have taken the liberty of highlighting a portion of your text above red. I ask that you proffer an opinion as to why our drug companies would find it necessary to outsource to another nation.

I contend that the basic cannon of “strict liability” laws borne from England in the early 1400’s have been corrupted and are in dire need of reform. Do you concur?
The tax climate in Ireland has been rather profitable for drug companies there, even though the Irish pay less for drugs then we do. Do your homework.

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
Pete said:
Dear Sir/Madam,

I have come to notice your infatuation pertaining to stem cell research. I take this opportunity to ask the depth of your knowledge on that subject. Would you say you have studied it in depth, lightly, an expert or simply familiar with the term because your party is an advocate for it and the opposition is against it?

I would also like to ask if you are of the age that you would remember the numerous medical fallacies, that have been perpetuated by “scientists” and I use the term loosely, by swaying the results to be more pleasing to the sponsors of their studies? The one that is in the forefront of my mind is Bran reducing cholesterol.

I'll be honest with you, I don't know a lot about Stem Cell Research, but because I don't know a lot about it doesn't mean I'm going to dismiss the notion that it could be a viable technology in the future. It may turn out to be a useless cause, or may turn out to be something worth more than what is currently predicted of the technology. I'm an advocate for it because I have seen enough people die from heart diseases and cancers then I wanted too. I think this research could possibly help these people, or it may lead to another more promising technology. I may not be an expert, but from what I can gather neither are you.

Pete

Repete
UrbanPancake said:
The tax climate in Ireland has been rather profitable for drug companies there, even though the Irish pay less for drugs then we do. Do your homework.
Sir/Madam,

From experience I would say that taxes in Europe are far from competitive. Have you ever traveled to Europe and purchased a liter of petrol or anything else for that matter? Perhaps there is another reason that companies would move businesses that have a large exposure to civil liabilities to countries with more reasonable liability laws and courts?

With regard to your comparison to the Irish cost for drugs versus the American cost for drugs; Doesn’t the government subsidize the cost of drugs to its citizens?

Does this price parity you seem so attached to only apply to drug costs? I am reasonably certain I pay significantly more in income taxes yet receive the same amount of government as you. How do I go about demanding parity with this issue as well or does it not count?

Pete

Repete
UrbanPancake said:
I'll be honest with you, I don't know a lot about Stem Cell Research, but because I don't know a lot about it doesn't mean I'm going to dismiss the notion that it could be a viable technology in the future. It may turn out to be a useless cause, or may turn out to be something worth more than what is currently predicted of the technology. I'm an advocate for it because I have seen enough people die from heart diseases and cancers then I wanted too. I think this research could possibly help these people, or it may lead to another more promising technology. I may not be an expert, but from what I can gather neither are you.
Sir/Madam,

I appreciate your honesty on your knowledge base regarding stem cells. I ask you this question and I hope that you will apply the same degree of honesty to it as you did in the previous question. “Do you think that science, researchers, and doctors should be the ones to promote, solicit, and advance research areas due to promise and probability of success, rather than political parties? Further, do you know that the only thing the President banned was federal funding and that if viable, stem cell research can and will be pursued by private research without any limit just as over 90% of all the other medical and scienetific breakthroughs occur?

Last edited:
B

Bruzilla

UrbanPancake said:

Exactly Right!

B

Bruzilla

UrbanPancake said:

If the drug companies are outsourcing to Ireland then those little Leprechauns are already working for the US drug companies. Once again... talent follows the money.

What we, or the Irish, pay for drugs is not based on taxes. We pay more for drugs for the same reason you have to pay a lot of money for used car parts at a junkyard - Insurance. Since insurance pays for most drugs in the US, the US pays the most for them. Since most body shops buy used parts with insurance money, the junkyards charge top dollar. Same principal.

The doctors, hospitals, drug companies, pharmacies, etc., all charge more because they know that about 75% of the time insurance is paying for it. And insurance companies pay it because they can always charge us more and they know we'll bite the bullet and pay the increased premiums. And if the Government gets involved, you'll see a huge increase in costs because now they'll be tapped into Uncle Sam's funding stream.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
UrbanPancake said:
Do the words tort reform ring a bell?