Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Agree or disagree?

F6aJIB3XIAAvgel

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Considering how the place used to be run (link) I think they should go back to the way it was.

SamSpade

Considering how the place used to be run (link) I think they should go back to the way it was.
Amazed how critics went STRAIGHT TO RACISM and anti-LGBTQ+. Like they made up the rest of the rules just for THEM.

Not sure I would go - anyone who concocted rules like those would likely have "unwritten" ones also.
The automatic gratuity and no returns, I would have a problem with. I don't fuss much at restaurants, but those kinds of rules protect bad service and poor quality.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Not sure I would go - anyone who concocted rules like those would likely have "unwritten" ones also.
The automatic gratuity and no returns, I would have a problem with. I don't fuss much at restaurants, but those kinds of rules protect bad service and poor quality.
There are subgroiups that are notorious for low/not tipping. I would guess they make up a significant portion of their clientele. The same with the returning of food. Some people eat half the meal, then gripe that it's too salty or not hot enough. Then they demand a full refund. I have no doubt this is what occurred to cause them to make that rule.

DaSDGuy

Thanks for the warning about your rules. Since you refuse to let me protect myself, I'm gone. And I'm taking my money with me.

luvmygdaughters

I'm okay with most of the rules, but, I dont agree with the automatic gratuity. I can see that if its a large party, but for just a couple out for dinner, I'd rather determine what I leave for a tip, dependent upon the service.

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
It looks like they are/were trying to be a half-azzed Gentlemen's Club. #1 rule at any real Gentlemens Club is keep the riff-raff out!!!

If those rules were strictly enforced, yes, I would go there.

Clem72

Most of it makes sense. The no refunds is acceptable if they will replace poorly cooked food. No one bats 1000, that includes their cook. And while I don't agree with mandatory gratuity, if stated up front I won't argue the policy.

black dog

Free America
We were leaving a great new resturant a month or two ago. It had a sign on the exit door that one read when leaving.
It stated if your drunk, dont leave your vehicle parked overnight in our parking lot.
IT WILL BE TOWED!!!!!

So one can get over poured or over served in the establismet and if you make the better decision not to drive, better move your sh!t first.
Shortly the couple that own the rest/bar were taught the lessons on Indiana's Dram Shop Laws.

inquiryjv

It's definitely a bummer when you're trying to do the right thing by not driving under the influence, only to face potential consequences for leaving your car overnight. I have been to Revolution Pizza & Kitchen https://www.therevolution.ie/! It's always cool to hear about new spots to check out. It's a shame that the owners had to learn about Indiana's Dram Shop Laws the hard way, but hopefully, it serves as a lesson for them to prioritize responsible serving practices. It's so important for restaurants and bars to ensure their patrons' safety, especially when alcohol is involved.

Last edited:

Clem72

Kind of self-important sounding. Control freaks.
Imagine having people COME TO YOU to have you provide a service, and then they tell you that you are self-important for having standards.

"Oh me? I only buy from the crappiest places where the proprietors understand they are Beneath me and I make sure to have a servant deliver the food as I should neither be required to interact with or smell the help".