restaurants smoking

G

geminigrl

vraiblonde said:
OMG! I HATE that!!! There is nothing more disgusting than someone blowing their nose at the table. Or you get some old person who's hacking up a lung next to you, then they pull out their yellow hanky and spit in it.

:cringe:

Makes me want to fire up a ciggy and give them something to hack about. :twitch:
:yeahthat:

Toxick

Splat
vraiblonde said:
Or you get some old person who's hacking up a lung next to you, then they pull out their yellow hanky and spit in it.

Ironically enough, someone hacking up a lung in restaraunts probably got that way from smoking.

In restaraunts.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Toxick said:
Ironically enough, someone hacking up a lung in restaraunts probably got that way from smoking.

In restaraunts.
My grandmother has never smoked a day in her life and nobody has ever smoked around her, that I'm aware of. But I can hardly sit in the same room with her at family dinners because she's yacking all over the place. :dead: Best appetite suppressant in the world!

stormer41

sunflower said:
if i had to choose id rather smell smoke then hear someone blow their nose.

I don't really mind the smoke, but my husband and daughter can't stand it.
We were in Denny's when we lived in Pa, I think we had the worst experience for breakfast anyone can go though. In the booth just across from us, there were 3 ppl, Mother,Father, and son. Extremly overwieght...so overwieght that you could here them breathing...it was like they were out of breath, ya know...wheezing..yuck.
We asked to be moved somewhere else, there were no other seats....I was so sick of listening to them trying to breath...we decided to leave and go find another place that was serving breakfast..as we were just about to leave...I overheard the mother say....."I don't know if I should let him eat again....he just eat an hour ago with the both of us". This is what she was telling the waitress as they were ordering...and they ordered the buffett.....

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Years ago, husband and I were out to dinner with a male friend of ours. Husband got up and went to the restroom. I look over and our friend was pulling out his dental floss and was going to floss his teeth at the table! :barf: Needless to say, he didn't get a chance.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My mother...:deepbreath:...she...

My mother wears a partial plate (dentures) and she gets food under them when she eats and.....we were at this steakhouse and...

...let's just say my daughter and I both leaped over the table to stop her before this could get too far.

:dead:

sunflower

Loving My Life...
vraiblonde said:

My mother wears a partial plate (dentures) and she gets food under them when she eats and.....we were at this steakhouse and...

...let's just say my daughter and I both leaped over the table to stop her before this could get too far.

:twitch:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:

What goes through peoples minds? :twitch:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
RoseRed said:
What goes through peoples minds? :twitch:
We asked and she just said it was uncomfortable. :gag: :ralph: The good news is that after seeing some of these shenanigans, my kids understand why poor table manners are my pet peeve.

selford

Amen! My boyfriend has flossed in the kitchen in front of my daughter and me. I think that even is a bit too much. Go into the bathroom! I don't want to see that. You are so right that table manners are important. At home is bad enough, in public...you really need to be polite. Isn't that what you would like to see? The restaurant across the street from where I work had an interesting incident. The owner had to throw out a guy who was seemingly pleasuring himself under the tablecloth. Glad I wasn't there at the time!!!!