Restraining Order

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
My mom's demeanor completely changed once my dad was out of the house. She was never allowed to be herself when he was around. Once he was gone, she was happier and you could tell that the weight of the world had been lifted off her shoulders. She had been a SAHM for 20 years and suddenly had to find a job and care for two kids at home and one at college. I am very proud of my mom and what she did and although times were tough sometimes, the whole household thrived in the better enviroment. We were all scared of my dad and the crap he put all of us through.

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE
I obviously do not know the situation, but this is something I will never understand, especially with kids involved. I understand the financial security aspect and how difficult it is to leave, but kids should be top priority. Children aren't stupid, they know what goes on.

READ post # 23.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Me personally, I'll never understand. I'm not passing judgment on anyone.

i have not been in a physical abusive relationship (well it was going that way)... but one that was very verbal and mental abuse

so you have NEVER had anyone close to you in a relationship like that??? to where you saw what they went thru.... how they questioned everthing they wanted to do... they knew it was the right thing to leave.. but would have to face abuse for leaving...

FED_UP

Me personally, I'll never understand. I'm not passing judgment on anyone.

There is no logic to it because people in this situation are not in the norm. Let me come over and be your man for a while blacken your eye time to time so you will get a better understanding.

Last edited:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I was a member of that club. I found the strength to get out.

ok... and now you know.. and will never let it get that way again..

some people are not as strong as we are.... and have been beaten down to feel they are worthless and dont matter to others.

I kinda understand why you say you dont understand.... but i think its more..you dont understand how they cant break away, cut the ties all the way..

I often wonder about this same thing about some i know :coffee:

foodcritic

I have a question about a restraining order. If the person who obtained a restraining order against the father of her kids breaks this restraining order can she get in trouble? I know of a situation that I'm sure the girl will not follow the rules of the restraining order and let her boyfriend come over and see the kids. Can you get in trouble? I know she really didn't want to get a restraining order in the first place and I know she is having second thoughts about it now. Can she cancel the order?

No she cant. She can do whatever she wants without violating it. It only applies to the respondent of the order. In MD they are called protective orders.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
No she cant. She can do whatever she wants without violating it. It only applies to the respondent of the order. In MD they are called protective orders.

And....I believe if he is eating at a restaurant and she shows up, he would have to get up and leave, no questions asked......not very fair at times but............

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
Not enough love in the world to stay around someone that hits me and might endanger my children. Why waste time to file for one and not hold to it? Like stated above, if she lets it ride now...next time when she really needs one again she may be SOL. She needs to do some real serious thinking putting her feelings aside and thinking of whats best for her children.

All my adult life every time I've heard the words "We stay together because of the children" I've gagged. How is a child better off having both parents if its all physical fighting they don't need to see or verbal filth and disclosures of things children don't need to hear about either parent?
Sticks with you forever as a few above stated.

:coffee: