Restraining Order

granny45

I have a question about a restraining order. If the person who obtained a restraining order against the father of her kids breaks this restraining order can she get in trouble? I know of a situation that I'm sure the girl will not follow the rules of the restraining order and let her boyfriend come over and see the kids. Can you get in trouble? I know she really didn't want to get a restraining order in the first place and I know she is having second thoughts about it now. Can she cancel the order?

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
If she's going to let him come over to see the kids why did she clog up the Courts getting a RO?

Judge Judy would kick her ass.

gree1

A final protective order is not easy to obtain. So if its not a final order yet, she can choose to not follow through. If it is a final order she can send a motion to the court to have it recinded, however, both parties will have to go in front of a judge and the judge will determine if it should stay in place.

But he should follow the order, no matter what she may say.

Lexib_

Blah.. Blah...Blah
I have a question about a restraining order. If the person who obtained a restraining order against the father of her kids breaks this restraining order can she get in trouble? I know of a situation that I'm sure the girl will not follow the rules of the restraining order and let her boyfriend come over and see the kids. Can you get in trouble? I know she really didn't want to get a restraining order in the first place and I know she is having second thoughts about it now. Can she cancel the order?

Let me preface this by saying. I do believe that there are people that need protective orders. However the majority of the ones that are issued are bs.

Some of the people are back together the next day. In that situation if they are caught together they should be locked up and the protection order recinded. Protection orders are for people who need them. Not as a means to get back at someone because they pissed you off. You can't have your cake and eat it too. She would have to request the protective order be vacated. In my opinion she should not be allowed to request another one against him as well .

granny45

Let me preface this by saying. I do believe that there are people that need protective orders. However the majority of the ones that are issued are bs.

Some of the people are back together the next day. In that situation if they are caught together they should be locked up and the protection order recinded. Protection orders are for people who need them. Not as a means to get back at someone because they pissed you off. You can't have your cake and eat it too. She would have to request the protective order be vacated. In my opinion she should not be allowed to request another one against him as well .

This all just happened last night so it is only a temporary one. She goes to court on Monday and Thursday for the final one. She was told that if she didn't show up in court that she probably would not be able to get another one is the future. Of course, she was very upset last night but I'm afraid today she is having second thoughts about it. He did give her a black eye and kicked her leg. But they fight all the time; this time was the first time he actually hit her and left a mark. It is a very bad situation.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
This all just happened last night so it is only a temporary one. She goes to court on Monday and Thursday for the final one. She was told that if she didn't show up in court that she probably would not be able to get another one is the future. Of course, she was very upset last night but I'm afraid today she is having second thoughts about it. He did give her a black eye and kicked her leg. But they fight all the time; this time was the first time he actually hit her and left a mark. It is a very bad situation.

Why would she want to be around someone who hit her? And more importantly, why would she want her children anywhere around someone who may hit them?

She needs to get herself and her children away from this guy.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
He did give her a black eye and kicked her leg. But they fight all the time; this time was the first time he actually hit her and left a mark. It is a very bad situation.

So apparently he didn't beat enough sense into her? Please encourage her to keep the RO in place and ditch this guy.

Lexib_

Blah.. Blah...Blah

I understand that. Thats the thing. We all get angry...minus the physical hitting and stuff. What people don't realize is that protective orders can ruin someone's life. Especially if they are bs. One of my best guy friends had a crazy ex wife and she was so spiteful and vengeful it finally got to the point where cps took the kids from her. They should only be used as a LAST resort. His life was crap for a long time all because of a wacko!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

So he has hit her before?

Vince

The guy kicked her in the leg and gave her a blackeye and she's having second thoughts? :doh:

granny45

Why would she want to be around someone who hit her? And more importantly, why would she want her children anywhere around someone who may hit them?

She needs to get herself and her children away from this guy.

Yea she does need to get away from him. The problem is they both have very bad tempers so when they get mad at each other, one cannot just shut up. They both have to yell and scream and hit. I do worry about the kids involved.

SoMDGirl42

If she contacts him, yes, she will be arrested and charged with violating a protective order.

gree1

Statistics and personal experience show it will only get worse. Think about those KIDS first. There may not be a "next time" for her to apply for one.

nobody really

I need a nap

and she is having second thoughts about the restraining order?

SoMDGirl42

Yea she does need to get away from him. The problem is they both have very bad tempers so when they get mad at each other, one cannot just shut up. They both have to yell and scream and hit. I do worry about the kids involved.

COntact social services and tell them. Maybe the kids need to be removed from the home if they are not safe. Abuse is not only physical you know. Mental abuse sometimes leave deeper scars. Just saying.

luvmygdaughters

If she decides she wants to stay with someone who has just given her a black eye and kicked her in her leg, go for it. Beat the hell out of one another and enjoy it. But the children should be removed from the home. If you are the grandmother, imho, you should call social services and tell them whats going on. If it was my grandkids, they wouldnt be witnessing that bs.

Lexib_

Blah.. Blah...Blah

Eh... With the judges in this county.. Not all RO's are granted. I would hope that commone sense would prevail. If she doesn't feel comfortable talking to him,I would reccomend a friend, or a family member communicate with him in ref to the children. She may feel guilty about it, but at the end of the day it's her choice.