Retirees, what do you do all day?

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I find myself watching a lot of TV and reading. I'm going to the beach and pool more often. My house is cleaner, more detailed. I take Gretel on lots of walks. And afternoon naps.

I'm trying to decide if I'm enjoying retirement or if I need to get off my ass and get at least a part time job.
I have about 30 days left at work, then it's retirement.
But I'm not sure what I want to do.

rio

Since I already have a few hobbies I'll probably continue to do them, but in more depth. I've looked up classes at the CSM that can help with that. I'll probably still work part time somewhere as long as I'm able and can have flexible hours. May find a place to volunteer. I've worked in hospice care, special education, and home health care over the years and there are always opportunities using those skills. My main job has always been as a mom and homemaker so I'll never be able to retire from that. If I ever have grandkids I hope I'll be fortunate enough to be a big part of their lives and help with childcare, etc... Hopefully we can fit some travel in too. We like trips with no real destination, just meandering to wherever, but don't have time to do as much as we'd like right now.

Whew, I'm gonna be busy...better get started!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I plan to go off the grid in 5 years! That'll be 22yrs Air Force and 20yrs FCC. Building myself a one bedroom house with a 10 car garage where no one can find me, lol.

Who needs a house, put a 2nd story or tall attic on the 10 car garage

Chopticon64

I find myself watching a lot of TV and reading. I'm going to the beach and pool more often. My house is cleaner, more detailed. I take Gretel on lots of walks. And afternoon naps.

I'm trying to decide if I'm enjoying retirement or if I need to get off my ass and get at least a part time job.
What about your hours online fighting with strangers? Is that under “reading”?

😆

Chopticon64

What about your hours online fighting with strangers? Is that under “reading”?

😆
But honestly, why aren’t you volunteering for Trump? You folks act like America will become a communist state if Trump loses, but you’re making threads trying to figure out if you should spend your time by the pool or napping.

You all are so unserious.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But honestly, why aren’t you volunteering for Trump? You folks act like America will become a communist state if Trump loses, but you’re making threads trying to figure out if you should spend your time by the pool or napping.

You all are so unserious.

I live in a Trump city in a Trump county in a Trump state. It's covered.

Chopticon64

I live in a Trump city in a Trump county in a Trump state. It's covered.
Everyone I know is fired up for Kamala and are working their butt off to make sure she is elected.

If you truly believe that America will be taken over by a cabal of satanic pedophiles if Kamala is elected I have no idea how you can sit your a** in Florida.

I saw what Trump and his goons did on Jan 6th, everyone did. I believe I won’t recognize this country if he’s elected again…I’m not napping.

:patriot:

frequentflier

happy to be living
After closing my store(s), I crafted with vintage jewelry and made a lot of cool stuff; mostly gifts for friends that were custom made. I was bored but things I crafted didn't sell. Then, I met a lady (who is now one of my bestest friends) that is and has been an antique and junque dealer for 30+ years and knows her stuff. Initially, I was helping her stage and sell stuff and with estate sales. Then I decided to become a re-seller myself (though I still help her!)
Now, I buy and resell stuff for myself. Not going to get rich by any means but it keeps me busy and out there when I want to be!
I also volunteer my time at a thrift store benefitting animals and also work part time.
Many people "retire" and sit in a chair watching tv all day...and die. Arthritis, bone spurs, bulging discs and all this $hit I am paying for from my earlier days of motorcycle riding (hard tails, ya'all!) dump and tractor trailer driving, heavy equip operating, landscaping, etc isn't going to stop me. The day I stop is when my life is over and I am not ready to give in to it yet.
Give me my cane and biofreeze and maybe a little ibuprofen, please :)