Road Conditions?

ladyhawk

Wow....and people really think they need to be out on the roads today?

Well, hubby does but that's because he's on his way home from work.

Whats bad is Rousby hall road, not necessarily the road but some of the drivers...

We were getting out to run an errand, doing fine when we ran into someone going tooo slow... When he hit the hill, his car came to a stop. Of course we were a little ways behind him and going around him was not an option due to oncoming traffic... So we stopped, knowing we were going to have a problem getting going again....We finally got going but ended up running into it again....

After giving up, we stopped, went back and fed my horses But when we headed home, we got about 50 yards from the road we live on and ran into another one! We waited until they moved, couldn't go forward because of the hill. So, again we had to turn around and started over.. I think we used just much gas doing this as we would have running our errands. LOL

Now that we've made it home.. We are in for the night and I will have cables on my truck in case these people decide to be out and about again tomorrow! At least then I will be able to get moving again without turning around and starting over!

:killingme

June

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome

Now cars are stuck. What is SO important that anyone needs to go out in this? :lol:
If plows are going off the road then so will you.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill

Other people might be on their way home from work too...or on their way to work...or on their way to get their nails done...or to go out to dinner...or to go Walmart watching...

C

CalvertNewbie

Other people might be on their way home from work too...or on their way to work...or on their way to get their nails done...or to go out to dinner...or to go Walmart watching...

True, Walmart watching is always entertaining. :yahoo: :killingme

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
Just got in.. took us a couple hours to go less than 2 miles.. What a bunch of freaking morons. I don't even know how many people we stopped to dig out, pull out and help. Cars not meant to be out in this. Idiots that don't know how to even drive. Hubby even got into one car and got it unstuck for the guy. I told him not to get into another person's car again. Most had no reason to even be out other than they wanted to.

ALL of the roads are terrible. Route 4 is a mess. Don't try going from 4 to Cove Point Rd. Snow is piled up on Cove Point. We were pulling a suv up a hill and a box truck in a hurry couldn't wait. He came up the hill beside us.. almost wiped out our truck and a person. Then he stops before he gets to the top and rolls back down.

ohstate

Yikes. Hope it's better by tomorrow morning. My husband has to head into DC all the way up Rte. 4 for work. I wonder what time he should leave if he's supposed to get in by 1?

GraphitePearl

I went back out to the Giant shopping center about half hour ago and the roads were actually a little better. It seemed like earlier when they had just plowed it made it more slick but just now it seemed better with the fresh snow on the ground. Less people out too....Not too bad. Still don't recommend going out unless you have to...btw- I live about a 1/8 mile from the post office entrance...so I don't have to negotiate much of the ranch club to get out.

Oh, and I was out of beer. That's a valid emergency, I don't care who you are...

Pete

Repete
Roads aren't bad. Went to Leonardtown to McKays. Road is covered in hard pack which is better than if they tried to scrape it clean.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
I went back out to the Giant shopping center about half hour ago and the roads were actually a little better. It seemed like earlier when they had just plowed it made it more slick but just now it seemed better with the fresh snow on the ground. Less people out too....Not too bad. Still don't recommend going out unless you have to...btw- I live about a 1/8 mile from the post office entrance...so I don't have to negotiate much of the ranch club to get out.

Oh, and I was out of beer. That's a valid emergency, I don't care who you are...

Geez you could have walked to the liquor store to get beer :lol: We come in the post office way but are further down so we actually used Cove Point today because of those hills by the lake.