Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Not acceptable, must be on rolls

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Throw the food at them

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Its summer time and each year I always wonder this. Is it acceptable to eat or serve hotdogs or pulled BBQ or cheeseburger on bread. Not using rolls but bread? I ask this because I grew up somewhat poor and a little disadvantaged, we never had rolls, those were too expensive. We ate hotdogs, cheeseburgers, etc... on bread. As I get older I have had people shun my hotdogs and not eat because it was to be served on bread not a "hotdog roll". Me and a friend constantly have this battle. She too wants things only on their respective rolls. Am I the only one in the dark and using bread? Is it rude to not have rolls and offer bread? Is it me? :confused: TIA :flowers:

You could save some real money and not have dogs or BBQ and just have some real nice Martin's Potato Rolls, serve them to the un-happy's and look at 'em and say "How do you like me now?"

:evil:

dustin

UAIOE
I too grew up eating burgers and dogs on plain ole bread.

Just me, but I would never serve any grilled food on plain bread. The only bread I would serve would be some type of thick homemade bread, pumpernickle, rye, sourdough, etc. Primarily we eat burgers on either sandwich thins or wheat buns.

If I was a guest at someone's home I would still eat plain bread of course.

bcp

In My Opinion

Just me, but I would never serve any grilled food on plain bread. The only bread I would serve would be some type of thick homemade bread, pumpernickle, rye, sourdough, etc. Primarily we eat burgers on either sandwich thins or wheat buns.

exactly, if I was a guest at someones home I would be grateful for whatever they served. Never would I complain, before during or after.
its not about the food, its about the company.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

If your going to put hamburgers on bread you should go the rest of the way and make patty melts.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
exactly, if I was a guest at someones home I would be grateful for whatever they served. Never would I complain, before during or after.
its not about the food, its about the company.

Ok, but, when the company sux, it becomes all about the food right quick.

cricketmd

So you did not have an oven and could bake the darn things? Where were you shopping?

Gawd, I'm going to sound like Rod Rug... :lol: No..No oven... it was alaways broken and :nomoney: It was the price of say 8 buns compared to an entire loaf of bread. Bread was an essential for almost all meals as "fillers". :shrug: It was like rolls were like lobster or something :lol: Hell I didnt even know what steak was until I was in my 20s. I thought it was always salsburry. :barf: :roflmao:

So... when my friend's mother was the last one to say rolls only or they wouldnt eat a hotdog I cooked, I'm like :eyebrow: really? :eyebrow: Maybe its me??? :confused: This was a few months ago and I still wondered about it so I posted a poll. I see I am the oddball a little more than I thought. :crazy:

bcp

In My Opinion
Gawd, I'm going to sound like Rod Rug... :lol: No..No oven... it was alaways broken and :nomoney: It was the price of say 8 buns compared to an entire loaf of bread. Bread was an essential for almost all meals as "fillers". :shrug: It was like rolls were like lobster or something :lol: Hell I didnt even know what steak was until I was in my 20s. I thought it was always salsburry. :barf: :roflmao:

So... when my friend's mother was the last one to say rolls only or they wouldnt eat a hotdog I cooked, I'm like :eyebrow: really? :eyebrow: Maybe its me??? :confused: This was a few months ago and I still wondered about it so I posted a poll. I see I am the oddball a little more than I thought. :crazy:
You want to cook me a hot dog on the grill, I will eat it plain on a plate

cricketmd

That takes some nerve. Did you slap that old lady in the jaw and tell her to get some manners?

No, it was :gossip: mother and she really had no idea, it was like I offered her coffee and didnt have sugar or milk or offered her a ciggerette and no lighter to her :shrug: She honestly didnt mean any harm. I know her but me and others have this discussion sometimes and she isnt alone in this as you see from the pole. :shrug: Its funny for the yearly party we have, I'm like bread is fine :shrug: and :gossip: is like :jameo: :jameo: I'll buy that!!! :lol:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Just like a few others have said, when you're a guest in someone's home - it is simply rude to make an issue of something like that. Rude people are insufferable and I find the older I get, the less tolerant of that type of behavior I become, and I end up calling them out on it. :jet:

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Its funny for the yearly party we have, I'm like bread is fine

I've eaten burgers and dogs at your house several times and don't recall what type of bread there was, or if there even was any bread. Clearly it was not as important to me as the generosity and hospitality of my hostesses.

:smoochy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Just like a few others have said, when you're a guest in someone's home - it is simply rude to make an issue of something like that. Rude people are insufferable and I find the older I get, the less tolerant of that type of behavior I become, and I end up calling them out on it. :jet:

She should have punched her.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
When you're an invited GUEST in someone's home, you eat what is served you. If you don't like it, don't take it or eat it politely but still give thanks to your hosts for taking the time and trouble to open their home (and wallet as food/entertaining ain't cheap!) to you. End of story.

Geez, is Manners 101 a lost art anymore? :rolleyes:

cricketmd

When you're an invited GUEST in someone's home, you eat what is served you. If you don't like it, don't take it or eat it politely but still give thanks to your hosts for taking the time and trouble to open their home (and wallet as food/entertaining ain't cheap!) to you. End of story.

Geez, is Manners 101 a lost art anymore? :rolleyes:

I guess so, hell you know me, I cant even use someone's bathroom without asking first. :lmao: