Ruby Tuesday closed? (California, MD)

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I regularly eat at a RT that is next to the hotel I stay in when I'm working in Pascagoula, MS. They absolutely rock..the food..the salad bar..the service..it's a great place. I've always found it odd that national chain restaurants are generally so poorly run here in St. Mary's...it's not just Ruby Tuesdays..its most of them.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I called the main office the other day and they are closed - permanently.

Sucks, because they told the employees that day - no prior warning.

littlelady

God bless the USA

Wow. That is not fair. How is that ok when employees are required to give two weeks notice? I don’t get it.

I have a funny story. When Becky (seekeroftruth) and I planned to meet a few years ago, we got confused on where we were meeting. I was sitting in Ruby Tuesday’s and she was at Applebees. But, we figured it out, and met after I drove to Applebee’s. :lol: Becky is awesome.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

Thanks for the info. What a horrible way to treat your workers!

Clem72

Urban BBQ in Leonardtown closed up shop too. This doesn't bother me though, I never cared for their food. Still holding on to the dream that a decent italian restaurant will come to the area!

For what it was, I liked it. Was nice to actually have a fast-sit-down option in the area. And free fireballs.

Clem72

Would be a shame. Ruby Tuesday had one of the best salad bars. I loved their deals to spend like $10 on a burger and the salad bar. Had lunch for the next day and their salad bar was super loaded and fresh.

Their bathrooms reminded me of time spent in bars around Angeles city back in the day.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
:shrug:

Why would you ?

are you going to work your best, when the boss tells you - We Are Closing the Doors Tomorrow ?

..or are you even going to show up at work at all? But that aside, that is a terrible way to treat people that work for you. It's one thing to fire someone on the spot that deserved it; quite something else to lay off or shut down with not even a day's warning.

But happens...often.

Goldenhawk

You would think the staff would see the writing on the wall... that place has been in trouble for a while. There was a Facebook fiasco a couple years ago where an employee at this Ruby Tuesday posted extremely gross photos from the food prep and beverage areas, and described some pretty bad practices. I think they shut down a few days to clean the place up. We stopped going there due to the smell and the nasty bathrooms. Doesn't take a genius to know when to abandon ship.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Saw this posted on one of the local news sites taken at Urban Barbecue in Leonardtown.

FB_IMG_1520544126594.jpg

SamSpade

Is there SOME kind of restaurant that endures around here?
Just about every long-standing restaurant I know around here is gone or at the very least,
is under new management. The "new" stretch of restaurants with Olive Garden and
Red Robin are still there, but that's not been THAT long.

Asahi has endured. Bob Evans. IHOP.
The various Chinese buffet and carry outs.
(Except the awful one that was in Wildewood).
Nicoletti's.

I'm just amazed that some locations don't even seem to last a whole YEAR.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Is there SOME kind of restaurant that endures around here?
Just about every long-standing restaurant I know around here is gone or at the very least,
is under new management. The "new" stretch of restaurants with Olive Garden and
Red Robin are still there, but that's not been THAT long.

Asahi has endured. Bob Evans. IHOP.
The various Chinese buffet and carry outs.
(Except the awful one that was in Wildewood).
Nicoletti's.

I'm just amazed that some locations don't even seem to last a whole YEAR.
. Bob Evans quality has tanked recently.....might be another one circling the drain?