Sad today

dachsom

I lost my Mother when I was 15, and my Father when I was 48. No matter how young, or old you are, it isn't easy There are no words that can make you feel better, but sending prayers your way anyway.
Thanks/
I lost my "real" mom when I was 7. This woman was my mom for 44 years. She was a mom in every way that mattered. I went Saturday to say my goodbyes. That helped alot. I know that time will heal the pain.

dachsom

Thank you everyone. In case anyone on here is a member of Thrawnscots, Angel Scots or Scottie club of America or anything to do with Scotties, PM me. She was very popular in the area with AKC and show dogs.

Last edited:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
My mom passed away today. You think that you are prepared for a loved one's death but when the end comes, you are a basket case. I know she is no longer suffering but the selfish part of me is soooo angry and hurt.
It's not selfish to hurt. You loved her. It's natural human nature to mourn lost loved ones. :huggy:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
My mom passed away today. You think that you are prepared for a loved one's death but when the end comes, you are a basket case. I know she is no longer suffering but the selfish part of me is soooo angry and hurt.

I'm so sorry for your loss. My mom died quite suddenly and unexpectedly a year ago next month. You are never prepared for it. :huggy:

acommondisaster

I'm kind of late with condolences, but having lost both of my parents, I know that your sense of loss lasts quite awhile. Years later, I still get that feeling of wanting to share something - an achievement or a need for comfort - with my dad or my mom. I think we never stop missing them, it's only that the loss becomes more bearable. We begin to be less sad about and replace it with good memories. Like my dad - how he drank a bottle of beer out of the side of his mouth and how my daughter - who never met him - does the same thing. It warms me, because it keeps Dad near me - you'll find that, too.

There's a quote (paraphrased) that says we die twice - once when we take our last breath and then again much later, when our name is said for the last time. Keep your mom alive by speaking of her and enjoying your memories of her. Pass on stories about her, to honor her. I hope you find peace.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I'm kind of late with condolences, but having lost both of my parents, I know that your sense of loss lasts quite awhile. Years later, I still get that feeling of wanting to share something - an achievement or a need for comfort - with my dad or my mom. I think we never stop missing them, it's only that the loss becomes more bearable. We begin to be less sad about and replace it with good memories. Like my dad - how he drank a bottle of beer out of the side of his mouth and how my daughter - who never met him - does the same thing. It warms me, because it keeps Dad near me - you'll find that, too.

There's a quote (paraphrased) that says we die twice - once when we take our last breath and then again much later, when our name is said for the last time. Keep your mom alive by speaking of her and enjoying your memories of her. Pass on stories about her, to honor her. I hope you find peace.

Isn't that the truth? I find qualities in my both of my sons that remind me of my dad! And my sister passed away so very young at 48, when I see her in her 3 daughters' mannerisms or looks - it's really very comforting to me now. Her legacy.

belvak

Happy Camper

Just saw this. I'm sorry for your loss. :huggy:

mamatutu

mama to two
dachsom, I am sorry for your loss. I understand the void caused by losing parents; both mine are gone. Take care. :huggy:

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
Isn't that the truth? I find qualities in my both of my sons that remind me of my dad! And my sister passed away so very young at 48, when I see her in her 3 daughters' mannerisms or looks - it's really very comforting to me now. Her legacy.

So strange, isn't it? I lost my Dad 4 years ago while I was pregnant with his first grandbaby....heartbreaking. But it amazes me how much my little man reminds me of my Dad at times. Even in the ultrasound pics, my hubby said "he's got your/your Dad's nose", lol. Sure enough, when he was born....he did! As much as I miss my Dad every single day, I am comforted when I see my son do things that remind me of my Dad. Other days, it makes me a little sad. Even my Mom & brother say he gets the same look on his face as my Dad did when he's up to something sneaky.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie

I'm so very sorry for your loss and I'm sorry I didn't see this thread sooner. I hope you're hanging in there. I know how hard it is. I know all too well the mixed emotions you're going through....the grieving process is certainly a roller coaster. Hoping the many happy memories help carry you through this difficult time. :huggy: