Saddam captured!

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by vraiblonde
I'm going to give you the opportunity to retract that before I make mincemeat out of you. I'm sure you just misspoke and didn't really mean that the Iraqi people have no beef with Saddam.

Some of the reasons given for getting rid of saddam:

Invading other countries.
Use of WMD on his own people and other countries.
Violation of UN resolutions.
Threat to the world.
Free the iraq people from oppression.
The guys from Queer Eye didn't like saddam's "look"

Sorry, I think the penalties for the first 4 would be much more severe than the penalty for hogging all of the country's money and being a meanie to his people. And the first 4 are most definately issues to be resolved outside the scope of the iraqi people.

SurfaceTension

For crimes against Iraqis (rape, pilage, plunder, torture, mass murder) he should be tried in Iraq

For crimes against Kuwait (see above), he should be extradited & tried in Kuwait.

For crimes against Israel (missle attacks), he should be extradited & tried in Israel.

For crimes against US (assassination attempt), he should be extradited & tried in US

For crimes against UN (resolution violations), he should be tried in Never-Never Land.

If he doesn't make it past the first one, oh well...

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's interesting to me that Democrats whine about us "occupying" Iraq, yet now they don't even have enough confidence in the Iraqi people to let them try their own dictator.

SmallTown

Football season!
It's interesting to me that Democrats whine about us "occupying" Iraq, yet now they don't even have enough confidence in the Iraqi people to let them try their own dictator.

We didn't have enough confidence in the iraqi people to enforce the UN resolutions.

B

Bruzilla

Leave it to the Democrats to muck things up. We've got one equating Hussein's trial to the Nazis at Nuremburg, and one alledging that the Iraqi people didn't oust Saddam on their own, so they must actually support him??? Thank God the Democrats won't have anything to do with the trial. If they did, Hussein would be found not guilty and we would owe Saddam Hussein 15 billion dollars in pain and suffering... the Iraqi people would get nothing of course, but the Dems would feel their pain. :biggrin:

There's a huge difference between Hussein and the Nazis. First of all, one was causing mayhem for close to 30 years, the other just six. There were lots of accusations coming after the end of WWII, and the Nuremburg trials were needed to verify a: that something happened, and b: who was responsible. This was because during a war it's difficult to keep a running tally of who's doing what. Hussein's actions, on the other hand, have been very well documented by the Red Cross, humanitarian groups, new agencies, intelligence agencies, The Discovery Channel, the guy that empties the waste baskets at the Pentagon, etc. Why spend millions of dollars proving that this guy has committed crimes against humanity? To appeal to a bunch of international folks who will end up complaigning about us whatever we or the Iraqis do? Why bother?

Saddam Hussein is an issue for as long as he lives. People will fear that somehow he might escape or be released; people will try to get him freed using violent and non-violent means; and it'll take extroardinary means to keep him under arrest. The only way to move on is to kill him.

If I gave Hussein a trial, I would ask only one question: What is your name? If it's Saddam Hussein, I would order him off to the woodchipper. But seriously, I think we ought to lock up Hussein with Jeffery Dahlmer's old cellmate. He would know what to do, and when Saddam turned up dead, with his head bashed in with a broomstick, the problems of a trial would be gone.

SmallTown

Football season!
I dunno Bru. I would find it hard to swallow to think that we spent BILLIONS on getting saddam removed, and lost many lives, only to have some BS iraqi trial and he only gets a slap on the hand. I would much rather have a world-wide reponse to his actions.

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Thanks for calling me a democrat Bruzilla, just like a republican to make mass unfounded generalizations. :cussing:

I can't wait for the trail. Maybe we can finally find out who provided him with those surreptitous WMDs, halliburton anyone?

Oh yeah, the reason I mentioned Nazis, is because all the mensans on this board were calling for immediate execution or worse, I found it amazing the these brainiacs think Saddam is worse than Hitler was.

SamSpade

"I can't wait for the trail. Maybe we can finally find out who provided him with those surreptitous WMDs, halliburton anyone? "

I'm betting on Toys R Us. Or maybe Ben and Jerry's.

What a load of sh*t. Do you know why Halliburton was even there the first time?

During the 80's, we supplied about 1% of the Iraqi's war machine. The biggest contributors were Russia, France, Czech and China. NOW any bets?

Russia = 57%
France = 13%
China = 12%
Czech = 7%

"Oh yeah, the reason I mentioned Nazis, is because all the mensans on this board were calling for immediate execution or worse, I found it amazing the these brainiacs think Saddam is worse than Hitler was."

How bad does he have to be? I suppose Pol Pot and Stalin were just pikers, huh? He slaughtered easily half a million, torturing them to death. Maybe even a million. His sons were worse. You think maybe he deserves mercy? What IS an appropriate punishment? You "MENSAN" liberals would give him a suspended sentence and a book deal.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by SmallTown
We didn't have enough confidence in the iraqi people to enforce the UN resolutions.
And you talk about Tigger. :duh:

WE didn't enforce the UN resolutions? WE didn't enforce the UN resolutions? By "we" do you mean Bill Clinton and Kofi Annan? Because I consider them "they", not "we".

Larry Gude

Strung Out
jlab...

Hey, you're right...

I can't wait for the trail. Maybe we can finally find out who provided him with those surreptitous WMDs, halliburton anyone?

But you gotta get off the Halliburton wagon, them's US jobs there!

We DID help Saddam with his B and C programs, as far as I know.

At the time, it may have seemed like a good idea though setting ANYONE up with bugs and bug spray is way beyond my understanding.

So, yeah, it'll be uncomfortable for Uncle Sam in some areas but in my view, it must be done. We should stand righteous though because WE are the ones that forced the issue and made it right. HE is the one who caused the problem. Must not of read the labels.

You certainly can understand best intentions gone awry unless you oppossed Clinton, like I did, setting North Korea up with modern nuke tech like he did.

:cheers:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
As we have once again...

..drug poor old uncle Adolph into yet another discusion of evil, let us look back, the only thing we can see with 20/20 vision.

http://history.acusd.edu/gen/WW2Timeline/start.html

Jan. 2 - Time magazine pronounced Hitler Man of the Year for 1938, but for the first time did not show the face of the Man of the Year on the cover of the magazine.

WHAT? (Howard Dean...'he's no threat to us...wah...'

Jan. 12 - FDR speech asked $525m more for defense, especially more airplanes. (Howard...we don't need no stinking planes)

Jan. 28 - Enrico Fermi reported at a meeting of physicists in Washington DC that the German scientist Otto Hahn had split a synthetic ekauranium atom to release enormous energy, a vital step in the development of an atomic bomb.

WARNING: (Howie: Don Rumsfeld probably, though I can't prove it, just heard it, gave them the goodies)

Mar. 15 - Hitler arrived in Prague and completed the occupation of the German-speaking regions (Bohemia, Moravia) of Czechoslovakia

(Howard? "None of our bees wax")

Mar. 23 - Hitler occupied Memelland (NE Prussia ceded to Lithuania) & demanded Danzig - map

(Howard?: "Whats' a 'Danzig'?...some no name metal band?"

Mar. 31 - Chamberlain made an official pledge of British defense of Poland, marking the end of appeasement.

Dean: "Yeah! We pledge to...whatever..."

Apr. 8 - Italy invaded and occupied Albania, driving King Zog into exile in Greece.

Can you say "Axis of Evil"?

Aug. 7 - King Ibn Saud granted oil concession to Aramco.

It's always about the damn oil, ain't it?

Sep. 1, 1939 - Poland invaded by "Blitzkrieg"

"The fire that had begun in Manchuria . . . would now blaze around the world" - The Nazis Strike

Sep. 3 - England and France declare war on Germany

What?

Sep. 5 - FDR declares neutrality and national emergency

Oh, that'll scare 'em.

Sep. 17 - Russia invades Poland, Baltics, Finland Nov. 30

Raise your hand...who didn't know that???

I think this makes example enough.

Great Britain did not prepare for war and by the time they'd had enough, they were swamped.

FDR tried like hell but we didn't want anything to do with 'their' problem. Most of our oil came from Oklahoma.

So, we did NOT stand by when Iraq took over Kuwait and we set his war machine back probably 10 years if left alone.

Que Iraqi War resolution. READ IT.

So, we can see where a pre-emptive war may not be the worst thing in the world especially because it's us running the show, not some Imperialistic nation.

If France or Great Britain had kicked Hitlers ass in the Spring of '39
or even put their foot down firmly, World War II may not have happened.

We have been the World leader for peace and representative democracy ever since.

SmallTown

Football season!
And you talk about Tigger. :duh:

WE didn't enforce the UN resolutions? WE didn't enforce the UN resolutions? By "we" do you mean Bill Clinton and Kofi Annan? Because I consider them "they", not "we".

No. I was saying the iraqi people didn't enforce the UN resolutions. We did. I don't think many people in Iraq, including the leadership, really gives a damn about UN resolutions. And frankly, we don't either, unless it gives us a good excuse to kick someone's a$$

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I was saying the iraqi people didn't enforce the UN resolutions. We did.
#1, no we didn't. And #2, it's not the job of the average Iraqi citizen to uphold UN resolutions. And how you expected them to do this when they were being tortured and killed is beyond me.
:duh: :duh:

Now turn the TV back to Cartoon Network before you hurt yourself.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
1_4_32.gif

SmallTown

Football season!
#1, no we didn't. And #2, it's not the job of the average Iraqi citizen to uphold UN resolutions. And how you expected them to do this when they were being tortured and killed is beyond me.
:duh: :duh:

Now turn the TV back to Cartoon Network before you hurt yourself.

Silly me, I thought the reason for the invasion was for failure to comply with the UN resolutions. Well, they were throwing around different justifications at the time, so who knows which one you bought off on.

And you expect these people to hold a trial and convict and give due punishment? This coming from a person who is appalled by the notion that clinton was never actually convicted of charges brought against him? Funny how you have so much more faith in the iraqi system than our own. Perhaps you and Larry should move gude brothers to baghdad... I hear they are in need of some greenery there.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Silly me, I thought the reason for the invasion was for failure to comply with the UN resolutions.
Okay, misunderstanding - I thought you were talking about before the war.

Anyway, Saddam's crimes against the Iraqis should be tried first because they're the worst.

jam20636

How do you all feel about the current occupation of the United States in Iraq? How do you think politics in Iraq will work out?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by jam20636
How do you all feel about the current occupation of the United States in Iraq?
First of all, I object to your use of the term "occupation". We are not over there to take over their country and make it a 51st state. We're helping them become a Republic and get rid of their terrorists.

I think Iraq will be just fine. They'll set themselves up as a Representative Republic (NOT a Democracy - know the difference) and they'll be a model for other Arab countries.