Save The Bees

Go G-Men

This is not for Wasp's or Yellow Jacket's - the decline is in Honey Bee's which are your major pollinators. :yay:

Point was that there are better ways to spend our tax money... Maybe in time taking care of the bees would be doable but in this day and age... It is a waste of money.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Since bekeeping is a fair size industry in and of itself, I wonder where that 150K is being allocated.

The cynical side of me says it goes straight to some politicians brother in law that happens to have a commercial beekeeping business. :ohwell:

coffee man

When we were at the fair, I signed up with the Bee Keepers. They were supposed to send me info. So far, bupkiss from them. I really would like info as I'd like to give bee keeping a try.

Cowgirl

Since bekeeping is a fair size industry in and of itself, I wonder where that 150K is being allocated.

The cynical side of me says it goes straight to some politicians brother in law that happens to have a commercial beekeeping business. :ohwell:

From the article:

The House of Delegates gave preliminary approval Wednesday to a bill that would allow the Department of Agriculture to give grants to people planting native plants. Scientists say the native plants are important because they help attract bees that pollinate crops.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Point was that there are better ways to spend our tax money... Maybe in time taking care of the bees would be doable but in this day and age... It is a waste of money.

There are a LOT of worse ways to spend it and YOUR friends in Annapolis will find them.

Christy

b*tch rocket
I do realize that bees have a job in the environment but it is not most important thing that needs doing... .

Actually, I disagree. I'm not a granola environmentalist, but I do have enough basic science under my belt to fully understand that if the bees disapear we're all seriously screwed.