School holds surprise 'Gay' Day for kindergartners

Gwydion

By definition of the word, yes they are on the short end of the stick, and since we are still in a democracy, we shouldn't bend to be what they want, but stay the course of what the majority wants.

We should also never bend over backwards for blacks, asians, hispanics, muslims, atheists, agnostics, native americans, skinny people, non-drinkers, Hummer drivers, Norwegians, buddhists, natural blondes, un-circumsized males, jews, people over the age of 25, women.

After all, they are all just minorities, who gives a shiat about them?

L

luckystar

So you seriously think its okay for kindergarteners to learn about gays and all that entitles? I may be a little naive here in saying this but I'm hoping that my 2nd and 4th graders aren't even that knowledgable about straight sex let alone have to concern themselves with what matt and jason are doing behind closed doors.

A relationship doesn't necessarily mean sex, I think it could be explained appropriately.

Like what if little Billy went over to his friend's house and he had two moms? That could require a little explanation. "Some women fall in love with men, while others fall in love with women."

nomoney

We should also never bend over backwards for blacks, asians, hispanics, muslims, atheists, agnostics, native americans, skinny people, non-drinkers, Hummer drivers, Norwegians, buddhists, natural blondes, un-circumsized males, jews, people over the age of 25, women.

who's we?:popcorn:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
A relationship doesn't necessarily mean sex, I think it could be explained appropriately.

Like what if little Billy went over to his friend's house and he had two moms? That could require a little explanation. "Some women fall in love with men, while others fall in love with women."

It should still be up to the parents to educate their children about things of this nature. Not the schools.

Gwydion

Or, heaven forbid, when daddy leaves his computer on at night and the kid types in "naked girls" and doesn't understand why there are two girls standing there.

I mean. Ewww. Two girls kissing eachother? That is UNACCEPTABLE.
:bigwhoop:

L

luckystar

Just for the record, I do believe it was really underhanded of the schools to not say anything to the parents about it. This should be considered something that requires permission from the parents, like sex-ed. Some parents prefer to teach their children that themselves, rather than trust public schools to do it. I think this is one of those cases where it would be much better off with the parents explaining it to their children at what they believe is the right time.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Just for the record, I do believe it was really underhanded of the schools to not say anything to the parents about it. Something like this should be considered something that requires permission from the parents, like sex-ed. Some parents prefer to teach their children that themselves, rather than trust public schools to do it. I think this is one of those cases where it would be much better off with the parents explaining it to their children at what they believe is the right time.

You sound like a republican. :razz:

bcp

In My Opinion

bend over backwards for? no.
however,
Blacks, Asians, Hispanics (the legal ones), Norweigians, and Native Americans are races, and should not be denied anything based on their race.

Skinny people? not sure they really are missing out on anything due to their size, Maybe they dont get equal value at the all you can eat?

Jews and Buddhists should not be given special rights, and at the same time should not be neglected because of their religion.

Age and Sex are protected.

so, what is your point here?

murderers are minorities too, so are pedophiles, I suppose they deserve special rights?

bcp

In My Opinion
Or, heaven forbid, when daddy leaves his computer on at night and the kid types in "naked girls" and doesn't understand why there are two girls standing there.

I mean. Ewww. Two girls kissing eachother? That is UNACCEPTABLE.
:bigwhoop:

It is in my home. you can raise your kids how you want, just dont tell me how to raise mine.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

So you seriously think its okay for kindergarteners to learn about gays and all that entitles? I may be a little naive here in saying this but I'm hoping that my 2nd and 4th graders aren't even that knowledgable about straight sex let alone have to concern themselves with what matt and jason are doing behind closed doors.

:duh: I HIGHLY doubt that any detail was gone into.

Exactly. Lord people are dense.

Exactly :yay: I agree though that this SHOULD be taught by parents, but when you have parents that are as closed minded as its apparent many are, I have no problem with the school teaching kids (of appropriate age) that some people are different and its OK to be different from the "majority". I'd rather have that than hateful parents teaching their kids about why its wrong to be gay :yay:

Just for the record, I do believe it was really underhanded of the schools to not say anything to the parents about it. This should be considered something that requires permission from the parents, like sex-ed. Some parents prefer to teach their children that themselves, rather than trust public schools to do it. I think this is one of those cases where it would be much better off with the parents explaining it to their children at what they believe is the right time.

As I understand it, the school said something...the parents just chose not to listen :shrug:

bcp

In My Opinion
Exactly :yay: I agree though that this SHOULD be taught by parents, but when you have parents that are as closed minded as its apparent many are, I have no problem with the school teaching kids (of appropriate age) that some people are different and its OK to be different from the "majority". I'd rather have that than hateful parents teaching their kids about why its wrong to be gay :yay:
so, as long as it goes along with what you want to teach your children, its perfectly ok?
Tell me, would it be ok to teach homosexuality as a birth defect, or a brain disorder that causes serious confusion, and that until a cure is found the people suffering from homosexuality should be treated just like any other? But, under no circumstance is it ok to experiment with the disability unless you actually suffer from it?

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

You must not have had the enjoyment of being around kindergartners for long periods of time...>I could only imagine some of the questions....

Kindergardeners don't often have questions about male/female relationships so why would you think that it would be any different for homosexual ones?
This is just in my experience, maybe yours has been different.