School holds surprise 'Gay' Day for kindergartners

L

luckystar

so when the questions about how bob and bill have babies comes up, how does that get answered?:popcorn:

How would you explain adoption / a surrogate mother / birth to a child? It's really the same thing, orientation doesn't matter.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
What, the fact that mommy and daddy are in something called a relationship? And Billy's parents are in one too, and just so happen to both be females? What's inappropriate? We're not talking sausages and flowers here.
Is that what they were teaching? You know this how? What is inappropriate is for anyone to indoctrinate a child about any form of sex without parental permission.
According to a Pacific Justice Institute report, Faith Ringgold opted not to inform the parents of its pro-homosexual activities beforehand.

L

luckystar

Like I said, gays aren't looking for equal treatment, they are looking for special treatment. A hetero couple (say married teachers) make out in the hallway, they get fired, you do the same to a homosexual couple and it's discrimintation. THAT's not being equal, that's special treatment.

It's unfortunate when gays/lesbians/any group of people do that. But not all (or even most) of them do.

L

luckystar

The day they start doing sex ed in kindergarten (heck up to 4th/5thgrade) is the day I'd actually agree to doing it at home.

Right, and I made my point earlier that this was an inappropriate age - that if they were to do it at all they should at least wait until they're mature enough.

L

luckystar

Is that what they were teaching? You know this how? What is inappropriate is for anyone to indoctrinate a child about any form of sex without parental permission.

No, I don't - forgive me, I thought we had switched gears to just discussing it with children as opposed to the teaching. That happens on forums sometimes.

I agree, it is inappropriate "for anyone to indoctrinate a child about any form of sex without parental permission."

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Now let's take straight and gay out of the equation.

When did we start teaching sex-ed and reproduction, and safe sex in schools? At what age?

Has the amount of teenage (or pre-teenage) pregnancies gone up or down?

How about STD's and AIDs, up or down?

If the answer to both of those questions is UP, the 'education' is failing, and we shouldn't be teaching it in school at all.
No.
It needs to be taught more effectively. :duh:

How would you explain adoption / a surrogate mother / birth to a child? It's really the same thing, orientation doesn't matter.

Exactly, thank you. I'm glad you were here to pick up my slack :lmao:

You're taking someone's description of a statement by someone else about some other person's event as being dead on? :lmao:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

No, I don't - forgive me, I thought we had switched gears to just discussing it with children as opposed to the teaching. That happens on forums sometimes.

I agree, it is inappropriate "for anyone to indoctrinate a child about any form of sex without parental permission."

as do I.
I just don't believe that was quite the case in this situation. It may have been spun that way, but I doubt that it was actually like that.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
so when the questions about how bob and bill have babies comes up, how does that get answered?:popcorn:

You could have made it a little more realistic or at least BELIEVABLE, and said Mojo and Bill.. or even Mojo and Lug.

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
and if nobody chooses to step up and teach the kid about those things, then what?

Then if falls on the parents, where it should have been ALL along.

If the parent choses not to teach them about it, that's their right. If they chose to discuss it over dinner, that also is their right.

nomoney

we should all be more tolerant of the gays and bisexuals. So on that note, pcjohnny - I'm sorry for thinking your'e in idiot :smooch:

L

luckystar

Not a kindergartner teachers place to explain it...

Duh. If you go back and read my posts you would know that I believe that is far too young to bring that up in school. If it's going to be in school at all, there should be a permission slip like there is for sex-ed.

Why do you think I just said I felt like a broken record? Read the whole thread.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Then if falls on the parents, where it should have been ALL along.

If the parent choses not to teach them about it, that's their right. If they chose to discuss it over dinner, that also is their right.

My whole point is...some parents suck at life and a kid shouldn't suffer in their knowledge just because their parent is a closed-minded :loser: :lol:

we should all be more tolerant of the gays and bisexuals. So on that note, pcjohnny - I'm sorry for thinking your'e in idiot :smooch:

:huggy: That's more like it. :smile: :lol:

bcp

In My Opinion
and if nobody chooses to step up and teach the kid about those things, then what?
teach what?
your version only, or, are you ok with them teaching their children their own values.

I certainly would not think of telling some five year old that has two parents that his parents are disgusting or that homo was wrong, however, I would appreciate the same respect from the homoloving crowd when it comes to my values.