Sean Taylor murders confess

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Four arrested in death of Sean Taylor - CNN.com

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- Four men have been arrested in connection with the shooting death of NFL player Sean Taylor, authorities announced Friday evening.

Sean Taylor never regained consciousness after being taken to a hospital, his ex-attorney says.

Police have more than one confession in the case and the individuals will be charged with murder, said Robert Parker, director of the Miami-Dade Police Department.

The suspects were identified as Venjah K. Hunte, 20; Eric Rivera Jr., 17; Jason Scott Mitchell, 17; and Charles Kendrick Lee Wardlow, 18, according to the Associated Press.

Additional arrests are possible, Parker said.

"The key to solving this case was citizen's tips,"

Angel

~*~*~
The police investigation revealed the suspects thought the house was empty, Parker said.

"They were certainly not looking to go there and kill anyone," he said. "They were expecting a residence that was not occupied, so murder or shooting someone was not their initial motive. ... Their obvious motive was to go there and steal the contents of the house."

The men knew Taylor lived at the house, Parker said.

At 1:45 a.m. Monday, Taylor's girlfriend, Jackie Garcia, called 911 and said someone had been shot.

Authorities have said she told police she was hiding under the bedding during the attack.

Garcia did not see what happened and could not provide a suspect description, Parker told reporters on Wednesday.

Police said Garcia and Taylor were awakened by noise in the living room, and that Taylor got up and locked the bedroom door, but the door was kicked in and two shots were fired, one striking him in the leg.

They kicked in the door. They were there for blood.

Last edited:
R

RadioPatrol

"They were certainly not looking to go there and kill anyone," he said. "They were expecting a residence that was not occupied, so murder or shooting someone was not their initial motive. ... Their obvious motive was to go there and steal the contents of the house."

then why bring a GUN to a burglary and add to the list of charges, and possibly shoot someone ............ :confused:

stupid criminals ......... :killingme

D

dems4me

Sounds like original reports of a botched burglery were correct. He died a MAN staying at home and defending his family against some teenage thugs that had no idea he was home. :frown: This is all still soo sad. :frown:

D

dems4me

then why bring a GUN to a burglary and add to the list of charges, and possibly shoot someone ............ :confused:

stupid criminals ......... :killingme

They were young thugs, why not bring a gun... you're already part of that mentality and its you and your buds, I can easily see bringing a gun :shrug:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
They were young thugs, why not bring a gun... your part of that mentality and its you and your buds, I can easily see bringing a gun :shrug:

Ott and I were talking about this tonight. Guns are a staple of the younger "bad boy" set these days and they don't hesitate to use them. Back in our day, you got your teeth knocked out, etc. ...now you get shot.

Pandora

The police investigation revealed the suspects thought the house was empty, Parker said.

Statements like this urk me. They are trying to stake in early that it wasn't pre-meditated, well, screw that, they went there with a gun with the intention of using it if needed.

Edit: I see Radio Patrol thought the same thing.

D

dems4me

They kicked in the door. They were there for blood.

Probably because they realized too late that someone was indeed home :shrug: or heard him locking the door, and didn't want to get caught so one went up to take care of him, then they all left and panicked and left without taking anything after hearing the gunshots :shrug: If they confessed to the murders, I doubt they'd start lying now about not knowing he was home :shrug: JMO

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Statements like this urk me. They are trying to stake in early that it wasn't pre-meditated, well, screw that, they went there with a gun with the intention of using it if needed.

Not necessarily. Bunch of pistol-packing punks, big boys..you know..they all carry guns. Going to rob a place..a place they know..they go in, know what they're looking for and when when the up to the bedroom...HOLY SHIAT..SOMEBODY'S IN THE BEDROOM... I doubt that they stopped to think if Sean had a gun or even if it was Sean...they panicked..

D

dems4me

My Gosh, have you ever been to DC??? :lol: Thugs carry guns all the time, it makes them feel empowered (sp?) has nothing to do with, I plan on killing someone - its part of the gangsta' thug mentality. :shrug:

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
Ott and I were talking about this tonight. Guns are a staple of the younger "bad boy" set these days and they don't hesitate to use them. Back in our day, you got your teeth knocked out, etc. ...now you get shot.

You're right about that. My kids knew a kid who blew the back of his cousin's head off and then nearly went insane over it. He didn't really mean to hurt him. Well it wasn't a toy! Sometimes they really are kids playing at dangerous games and sometimes they are too grown up in the worst way.

Angel

~*~*~
Probably because they realized too late that someone was indeed home :shrug: or heard him locking the door, and didn't want to get caught so one went up to take care of him, then they all left and panicked and left without taking anything after hearing the gunshots :shrug: If they confessed to the murders, I doubt they'd start lying now about not knowing he was home :shrug: JMO

I get what your saying, but why didn't they just leave once they realized somebody was home/heard him locking the door?

D

dems4me

I get what your saying, but why didn't they just leave once they realized somebody was home/heard him locking the door?

If it was a single person, a sole robber, I can see that, but not when you are with your "tough" friends and being young :shrug:

Pandora

Not necessarily. Bunch of pistol-packing punks, big boys..you know..they all carry guns. Going to rob a place..a place they know..they go in, know what they're looking for and when when the up to the bedroom...HOLY SHIAT..SOMEBODY'S IN THE BEDROOM... I doubt that they stopped to think if Sean had a gun or even if it was Sean...they panicked..

My Gosh, have you ever been to DC??? :lol: Thugs carry guns all the time, it makes them feel empowered (sp?) has nothing to do with, I plan on killing someone - its part of the gangsta' thug mentality. :shrug:

I understand what you are both saying. They are not going to think, well, I'm already committing a felony, better not take the gun cause if I get caught there is a 5 year mandatory federal sentence with that on top of my burglary time.

I just hope that they consider this as pre-meditated murder, maybe that is doubtful, but it carries much more weight as far as sentencing. The statement in general pisses me off because they are trying to minimize what they did. We just went there to steal; we didn't mean to kill anyone. Yeah, ok :rolleyes: Guns don't kill, people do.

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
If it was a single person, a sole robber, I can see that, but not when you are with your "tough" friends and being young :shrug:

But they only shot him. If they are the same ones who were there earlier they had to know there was a girlfriend and a baby there too. And if they didn't know I'm thinking she probably made some noise either when the door was kicked in or when the shooting started or both unless she has a lot better nerves than I do!

Rael

Supper's Ready
I understand what you are both saying. They are not going to think, well, I'm already committing a felony, better not take the gun cause if I get caught there is a 5 year mandatory federal sentence with that on top of my burglary time.

I just hope that they consider this as pre-meditated murder, maybe that is doubtful, but it carries much more weight as far as sentencing. The statement in general pisses me off because they are trying to minimize what they did. We just went there to steal; we didn't mean to kill anyone. Yeah, ok :rolleyes: Guns don't kill, people do.
Maybe a part of the negotiation to get them to confess? :shrug: