Shanahan, Redskins Agree to Deal

Shawn

It doesn't matter who they hire. It could be Tony Dungy, Bill Cowher, Bill Parcells or Vince Lombardi - as long as Dan Snyder is in CONTROL, the position of head coach is pointless.
is there a "reactionary" sports forum?

Beta84

They're out to get us
It doesn't matter who they hire. It could be Tony Dungy, Bill Cowher, Bill Parcells or Vince Lombardi - as long as Dan Snyder is in CONTROL, the position of head coach is pointless.

Good thing that Mike Shanahan has a clause in his contract stating that he has the final say on all football related decisions. If Snyder wants to overrule him, he'd have to fire him.

So essentially this move is about the best move the Redskins could have possibly made. Football decisions are now in the hands of the football people. Snyder will pay the money (especially in the upcoming uncapped season) so the Skins will have a nice shot at being competitive next year if the right free agents are available.

Beta84

They're out to get us
is Elway coming with him?

:lol: The Skins will definitely have a better running game next season, but they're probably stuck with Campbell at QB. On the free agent list, the top options appear to be Orton, Campbell, and Pennington. They might as well keep Campbell, draft a QB with the 5 pick if they think they need a new one, and bolster the running game, WRs, and defense. Plenty of free agents will be available to do that.

thurley42

HY;FR
:lol: The Skins will definitely have a better running game next season, but they're probably stuck with Campbell at QB. On the free agent list, the top options appear to be Orton, Campbell, and Pennington. They might as well keep Campbell, draft a QB with the 5 pick if they think they need a new one, and bolster the running game, WRs, and defense. Plenty of free agents will be available to do that.

It's crazy that they are saying Clausen is a top QB..

I just want to point out that the Brownies finished with a better record!

Beta84

They're out to get us
besides the fact that he's a huge douche?

I don't know....he hasn't done anything to impress me in his career.....not when McCoy, Bradford, Clark, and even Tebow are coming out...

i was talking about playing, not attitude or lameness factor. He was solid last year in a pro style offense and was great this year, but he had 2 top notch WRs that may have helped him out. Bradford may be good but he had a top notch OL blocking for him...not so great once it broke down.

and really, Clark??

thurley42

HY;FR
i was talking about playing, not attitude or lameness factor. He was solid last year in a pro style offense and was great this year, but he had 2 top notch WRs that may have helped him out. Bradford may be good but he had a top notch OL blocking for him...not so great once it broke down.

and really, Clark??

Clark has been a solid QB for 3 years....and without looking it up has a lot more wins against a much more rigid schedule...

and you are right...Clausen had the tools around him and a creampuff schedule and still couldn't win *2 almost 3 losses against Navy...i'm just not impressed.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Clark has been a solid QB for 3 years....and without looking it up has a lot more wins against a much more rigid schedule...

and you are right...Clausen had the tools around him and a creampuff schedule and still couldn't win *2 almost 3 losses against Navy...i'm just not impressed.

He also had no defense (gave up 26 pts/game) and not much of a running attack (ranked 88th in total yards). Their 21 point performance against Navy was basically their worst offensive outting of the season...everyone can have a bad day now and then. He only threw 1 INT.

#3 QB pass efficiency (behind Tebow and Kellen Moore), #4 in total yards, #8 in TDs, tied for 129th in the country in INTs thrown, and basically did great in all passing statistics for the season. The schedule wasn't that great, but some of them were good defenses and he still performed well.

I'm not a Clausen fan, but the stats speak for themselves. He had a good year, has a better arm than any of the guys you mentioned, and deserves to be mentioned as a possibility for the top QB. Will he be good in the NFL? Hell if I know. I hope not! The Redskins would be making a mistake if they picked him up. Then again, all of the top QBs coming out this year are questionable. I'm sure some of them will turn out just fine.