Sheriff Zylak

Oliver

"One more thing.... If the Deputies don't like Zylak then neither should we. "

It is obvious from the way they (Deputies) speak about him (Zylak) they are not impressed with his skills or should I say lack of so far. He set the tone for his first four years when he submitted that crazy budget to the Board of Commissioners last year. I wonder how many Captains he will ask for this time????? I guess he needs the Captains positions (appointed assignment) to fullfill some campaign promises.

GraveDigger

Truth2betold4- Kudos to you! Thank you.
You and Liberty4me make valid and accurate statements.

I can recall one of the current candiates for CCJ remaining statment free during the Sheriff's office race, saying only he would work with whoever the citizens elected.

During the recent Sheriffs election, Zylak had a relatively hassle free campaign. He talked about all of his leadership abilities as well as his past performance in different divisions.

Did anyone questioned how long it had been since he had been in certain divisions or did they expose a pending law suit
in the ONLY suicide in our jail history.
This was ALL under HIS watch.

How about the questioning the incident surranding the mentally handicapped individual that was raped in our jail?
Also under his watch.

All the manovering and posturing he has done since being sworn in is a clear indication that politics are not over!
This Sheriff is very into appearance, it appears to me he is using his power as payback time! He can say what ever he wants but lets all remember that actions speak louder than words!!!!!!!!!!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Oliver
I am confused about this picture issue. Why would someone need permission to print a photo of a Deputy (Public Official) which was taken in public. I am going out on a limb and will assume that the local paper does not ask permission to print said photos.
Candidates for public office aren't allowed to use government property or in-uniform employees in their advertising bause it looks like an endorsement when there is none. Rick Fritz knows this and Dave Zylak had a responsibility to make a statement about it.

Last election time we went round and round about the suicide at the jail. The consensus was that Zylak cared more about keeping that punk safe than his constituents did. Then Ken Rossignol tried to chastise us in the Rag, saying we were all heartless because we could care less if some criminal decides to kill himself. :duh:

Don't commit crimes and go to jail - then you'll never have to worry about hanging yourself in your cell or getting raped by other criminals. Boy, is that simple.

GraveDigger

Punk or not; the kid evidently had issues.
I sure hope none (if any) of your kids or someone you care about ever find themselves with a chemical imbalance.

Rape...No one deserves that. No means No on any level.

And as far as Rossingol goes, Well ask that "Caring" Sheriff why he gave him access to the sheriffs office.

Another campaign promise???

BuddyLee

Football addict
Originally posted by GraveDigger
I sure hope none (if any) of your kids or someone you care about ever find themselves with a chemical imbalance.

Rape...No one deserves that. No means No on any level.

And as far as Rossingol goes, Well ask that "Caring" Sheriff why he gave him access to the sheriffs office.

Another campaign promise???

Rape is no laughing matter

Unless your raping a clown:wink:

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
I don't know the particulars of this situation, but why didn't his lawyer point that out during his trial so that he could go somewhere more suited to his problems?

Rape...No one deserves that. No means No on any level. So then you are telling us not to vote for Fritz as well as Zylak, right?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Punk or not; the kid evidently had issues. And that's Zylak's problem because.....?

I sure hope none (if any) of your kids or someone you care about ever find themselves with a chemical imbalance. Criminal behavior isn't caused by a chemical imbalance. Or did you forget how that kid got in jail in the first place?

Rape...No one deserves that. No means No on any level. Again, the person should have thought of that before they committed a crime and landed themselves in the pokey.

And as far as Rossingol goes, Well ask that "Caring" Sheriff why he gave him access to the sheriffs office. What are you talking about? If you mean the police reports, those are public access and the media has a right to publish them.

Another campaign promise??? You know that Rossignol ripped Zylak to shreds during the election, right? So what campaign promise could have been made between them?

GraveDigger

Punk or not; the kid evidently had issues. And that's Zylak's problem because.....? *Yes that is his problem, Punk no punk, criminal no criminal, when you are in jail that becomes his problem on EVERY LEVEL. Obviously the kid needed special attention. they do have solotary confinment last i heard.

I sure hope none (if any) of your kids or someone you care about ever find themselves with a chemical imbalance. Criminal behavior isn't caused by a chemical imbalance. Or did you forget how that kid got in jail in the first place? * How he got there is irrelevant. The fact of the matter is he had gone back and forth to the hospital. There was documentation!!!

Rape...No one deserves that. No means No on any level. Again, the person should have thought of that before they committed a crime and landed themselves in the pokey. *Ok-Next time you have a conversation with a mentally handicapped person try and tell them to act normal and let me see the results.

And as far as Rossingol goes, Well ask that "Caring" Sheriff why he gave him access to the sheriffs office. What are you talking about? If you mean the police reports, those are public access and the media has a right to publish them. *I am very well aware of the public release policy and that is not the issue.

Another campaign promise??? You know that Rossignol ripped Zylak to shreds during the election, right? So what campaign promise could have been made between them?
*And that's why he is up is butt these days. That visit wasn't for reports that was his in..

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Punk or not; the kid evidently had issues. And that's Zylak's problem because.....? *Yes that is his problem, Punk no punk, criminal no criminal, when you are in jail that becomes his problem on EVERY LEVEL. Obviously the kid needed special attention. they do have solotary confinment last i heard.
I will ask you again, did his lawyer make his "problems" known during any part of the trial or sentencing? If not, then I don't see where it's the Sheriff's job to diagnose such problems. :shrug: Just my 2 pennies.

I sure hope none (if any) of your kids or someone you care about ever find themselves with a chemical imbalance. Criminal behavior isn't caused by a chemical imbalance. Or did you forget how that kid got in jail in the first place? * How he got there is irrelevant. The fact of the matter is he had gone back and forth to the hospital. There was documentation!!!
How is that irrelevant and if there was documentation of his condition, why did he end up in jail instead of in a more proper place for him?

Last edited:

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Rape...No one deserves that. No means No on any level. Again, the person should have thought of that before they committed a crime and landed themselves in the pokey. *Ok-Next time you have a conversation with a mentally handicapped person try and tell them to act normal and let me see the results.
What? Doesn't make sense. Try explaining it again.

And as far as Rossingol goes, Well ask that "Caring" Sheriff why he gave him access to the sheriffs office. What are you talking about? If you mean the police reports, those are public access and the media has a right to publish them. *I am very well aware of the public release policy and that is not the issue.
So what is the issue and what is your point?

*And that's why he is up is butt these days. That visit wasn't for reports that was his in..
Why don't you be a little clearer and not so cryptic. If you have something to say, say it. And I hope you have evidence to back it up.

Last edited:

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Originally posted by *archimedes*
Zoltan wasn't Sheriff when this occured, he was running the Jail.
Ok, that changes things a little, but I still think that his "condition" should have been caught before he got to the jail, especially if it was so well documented.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
I believe his condition was known, and that is the bug. His caring family is bitter that he was not on suicide watch or some such thing.
Well, why was he in jail rather than a state psychiatric hospital (or wherever they send criminals with mental problems)? That's what I'm trying to say. I'm not saying that Zylak was right, wrong or indifferent. I just want to know why he was at the jail in the first place.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Ehesef
Well, why was he in jail rather than a state psychiatric hospital (or wherever they send criminals with mental problems)? That's what I'm trying to say. I'm not saying that Zylak was right, wrong or indifferent. I just want to know why he was at the jail in the first place.
He robbed some house or something. Completely of his own volition, btw. Zylak didn't make him do that.

As to why he was in jail instead of a mental hospital - ask the judge that sentenced him. Zylak didn't have any say-so where that kid got incarcerated.

Oliver

Originally posted by vraiblonde
Candidates for public office aren't allowed to use government property or in-uniform employees in their advertising bause it looks like an endorsement when there is none.

Where can that law be found, I would love to see it in print. If thats the case, why is noone crying about Judge Abrahams and her advertising. She is distirbuting political advertising with a photo of her sitting on the bench (In the Circuit Court House) wearing a judges robe.

I am sure Rick Fritz did nothing wrong using a photo taken of a public official within his policitcal flyer. The Current and past presidents of this great land (Democrat and Republican alike) have used government property (Air Force One) to campaign routinely.

Rick Fritz knows this and Dave Zylak had a responsibility to make a statement about it.

As for Zylak's responsibility, he needs to concentrate on his own job and find a way to regain some credibility with his troops. It is hard to get men and women to trust/follow you when you deceive them right out of the gate. Oh, and Im sure when old Dave Zylak runs for re-election, he will not use any photos of himself in uniform:dude:

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Where can that law be found, I would love to see it in print. If thats the case, why is noone crying about Judge Abrahams and her advertising. She is distirbuting political advertising with a photo of her sitting on the bench (In the Circuit Court House) wearing a judges robe.

I am sure Rick Fritz did nothing wrong using a photo taken of a public official within his policitcal flyer. The Current and past presidents of this great land (Democrat and Republican alike) have used government property (Air Force One) to campaign routinely.

As for Zylak's responsibility, he needs to concentrate on his own job and find a way to regain some credibility with his troops. It is hard to get men and women to trust/follow you when you deceive them right out of the gate. Oh, and Im sure when old Dave Zylak runs for re-election, he will not use any photos of himself in uniform:dude:
Could you please answer my questions? Thanks...

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
BTW, as Sheriff, Zoltan quashed the investigation into this matter :yay:
Good for him! From the info gathered here, it appears to me that the whole situation with the looney kid that committed the crime all by himself should have been dealt with by his parents long before the crime was committed...:shrug: Again, just my 2 pennies...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I am sure Rick Fritz did nothing wrong using a photo taken of a public official within his policitcal flyer.
Yes he did and he knows he did. You don't have to take my word for it - I don't really care - but I worked on the Fritz campaign when he ran for States Attorney the first time. When it was suggested that he do commercials that played up his busts, he said he couldn't because it was against the law to use cops or cop cars in campaign advertising.

However, I will concede that they might have changed the law since then. :shrug:

Karen Abrams can have campaign pictures in her robes because she IS the CCJ right now and it's her current uniform. Just like Bush can have campaign pictures of him in the Oval Office.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Ehesef
Good for him! From the info gathered here, it appears to me that the whole situation with the looney kid that committed the crime all by himself should have been dealt with by his parents long before the crime was committed
:clap: :clap:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Had certain procedures been properly followed, this young man would no doubt be continuing to menace the community as we speak.
:yay:
And his Mommy and Daddy would have to find someone else to blame for their son's behavior rather than Sheriff Zylak.