Shooting in CRE?

ewashkow

I really think I'd find ways to make their lives a living hell until they moved away, run 'em out of the neighborhood.

Best thing to do is to keep tabs of the cars and people that you know are affiliated. Take down tag numbers, time frames, descriptions, etc. Even if you are afraid to directly confront them, this does help the police with their investigations.

Vigilance is key. Trust your instincts. Understand that gangs thrive because the innocent public doesn't want to get involved in any form.

TrueSOMDGirl

resident Spring Bunny
Freaken ridiculous! Pretty soon people who live there aren't even going to let their kids outside to play. It's not like it's an inner city or the ghetto, geez! So are there a lot of other gang bangers living there that you guys need to be concerned about? I really think I'd find ways to make their lives a living hell until they moved away, run 'em out of the neighborhood.

And if the two guys who got shot were indeed gang bangers, it's unfortunate they're still alive. Just a waste of taxpayer money for their whole lives, no doubt.

That is because the law is on their side. They do not follow the laws and more than not get away with it. We have to follow the laws because we have intergrity or because we are not drifters and actually have ties to the community will get caught and prosecuted.

I am sick of it myself and think it is about time people start fighting back fire with fire.

TurboK9

That is because the law is on their side. They do not follow the laws and more than not get away with it. We have to follow the laws because we have intergrity or because we are not drifters and actually have ties to the community will get caught and prosecuted.

I am sick of it myself and think it is about time people start fighting back fire with fire.

Hehe.

Sunday afternoon, as it got nice and warm out, a group of younglings were being noisy on the street in front of my house... never really seen any of them before. I have to guess they were probably from Drum Point because of the way they had originally come. Anyway, after about 15 minutes I got sick of them just loitering there.

They were being noisy and uppity, shoving eachother around, eyeballing my much younger children, generally just being obnoxious teens. So, I went out back, into the garage, opened the garage door, and generally made a show of hauling my tools outside to work on my truck. They left nearly immediately. I never had to say a word to them, pretty much acted as if I didn't know they were there, and they simply left.

Apparently, an adult presence withing 40 feet was more than they could handle, LOL.

Point is, often times that is all it takes. If people actually spent any time outside at all doing stuff, rather than glue ass to couch or desk chair, I'd bet the problems in our 'hoods would evaporate to a large degree. But when we recede into our homes like recluses, and 'cower' behind closed blinds, we hand our streets over for those who would rule them.

The best way to take your area back is simply to be seen. If you can, get a couple neighbors together and play 'King of The Hill". I'll be Boomhauer. Stand around in the yard, have a couple beers or lemonades or coffee, talk, grill, joke... In the FRONT yard. Often times, you don't ever even need to say a word. Just be a presence. This is the foundation on which National Night Out is built, which is a friggin' joke because one night a year isn't gonna do it.

Cheshire_Cat

Tattoo ADDICT!
Point is, often times that is all it takes. If people actually spent any time outside at all doing stuff, rather than glue ass to couch or desk chair, I'd bet the problems in our 'hoods would evaporate to a large degree. But when we recede into our homes like recluses, and 'cower' behind closed blinds, we hand our streets over for those who would rule them.

Well put. . . right from the office chair. (guilty myself) ROFL

Crashpupty

havoc is havoc
Hehe.

Sunday afternoon, as it got nice and warm out, a group of younglings were being noisy on the street in front of my house... never really seen any of them before. I have to guess they were probably from Drum Point because of the way they had originally come. Anyway, after about 15 minutes I got sick of them just loitering there.

They were being noisy and uppity, shoving eachother around, eyeballing my much younger children, generally just being obnoxious teens. So, I went out back, into the garage, opened the garage door, and generally made a show of hauling my tools outside to work on my truck. They left nearly immediately. I never had to say a word to them, pretty much acted as if I didn't know they were there, and they simply left.

Apparently, an adult presence withing 40 feet was more than they could handle, LOL.

The best way to take your area back is simply to be seen. If you can, get a couple neighbors together and play 'King of The Hill". I'll be Boomhauer. Stand around in the yard, have a couple beers or lemonades or coffee, talk, grill, joke... In the FRONT yard. Often times, you don't ever even need to say a word. Just be a presence. This is the foundation on which National Night Out is built, which is a friggin' joke because one night a year isn't gonna do it.

Totally agree, every one needs to get with their neighbors. Do this a few times a week or two and invite the police to stop by for a burger or dog. Crap does not and will not ever fix it self and you can't think the popo have what it takes to focus on this. We need to take the streets back, the question is who is willing.

TurboK9

Totally agree, every one needs to get with their neighbors. Do this a few times a week or two and invite the police to stop by for a burger or dog. Crap does not and will not ever fix it self and you can't think the popo have what it takes to focus on this. We need to take the streets back, the question is who is willing.

Me. :jameo: Could use help tho.

The problem with the cops, they are reactive. They respond after the fact, unless they just stumble on something... and they can't really hang out on every street because there simply are not enough of them... They can't be everywhere. WE can. The trouble is getting people to actually do it.

That's what neighborhood watch and block clubs are supposed to be about, but in most cases they have been reduced to a few folks who meet once a month to ramble about all the troubles but never actually DO anything...

ewashkow

Me. :jameo: Could use help tho.

The problem with the cops, they are reactive. They respond after the fact, unless they just stumble on something... and they can't really hang out on every street because there simply are not enough of them... They can't be everywhere. WE can. The trouble is getting people to actually do it.

That's what neighborhood watch and block clubs are supposed to be about, but in most cases they have been reduced to a few folks who meet once a month to ramble about all the troubles but never actually DO anything...

I live on a heavy foot traffic street. Sometimes, people will be walking really slow and looking everywhere but ahead of themselves. When I see these people walking down the street, I suddenly realize that I need something out of my car. I make sure that eye contact is made with the person and do the head nod thing. Amazing how quickly the other person starts to look ahead.

When we had a drug house/chop shop on the street, I was to afraid to get directly involved. To ease my mind though, I took down plate numbers, vehicle descriptions, anything that I thought would possibly be relevant. Thankfully, the house was finally cleared out and there is a nice family living in it now. A lot of vehicle traffic stopped after that too.

TrueSOMDGirl

resident Spring Bunny
Hehe.

you are my hero :buddies:

smilin

BOXER NATION
Hehe.

Absolutely right! I usually say something very threatening like: "Hi"
being teenagers they slink off in disgust.
Other times if somebody in a car does something stupid I write the tag down and call the deputies, so far those people have not been back doing the same thing.
It takes a hood...
:buddies: