Shoppers

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Looked at the company website. They acknowledge the location, but no opening date set.
I think it must be close as the produce section looks stocked.

OldHillcrestGuy

Great. Guess they will get to work on the Charlotte Hall store soon.
They have been doing some work at the Charlotte Hall location, there have been trucks out front and outback. Not really 18 wheelers, looks like work trucks. There is one trailer sitting out front. They did have a sign saying 'Shoppers' and the new name of the shopping center on the large sign by the street saying what was in the shopping center, but one of those really windy days the sign got destroyed.

Clem72

Well that's not good. I went to Food Lion today which was less busy than usual and had some good sales going. Maybe the Shoppers needs some time to adjust to the local market?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I thought the Food Lions were bought/converted to Weis...
Hey, there were actually 2 (two countem) human cashiers at Weis in PF the other day. Three standing idly by the self checkout.
Earning their $15 an hour.

Went in Shoppers today and was disappointed. It's basically McKays but cleaned up and with food on the shelves. They didn't change any of the fixtures, and the hot bar area has much less selection. For example, where the butcher section used to be still says "service butcher" from when McKays had and actual butcher there, but they walled it off and put a cooler of meat there. I went in there looking for something for lunch and Bradfords has three times the prepared foods selection. It kind felt like the Wizard of Oz and Tommy McKay was behind the curtain pushing all the buttons thinking he fooled people with a new store name.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Popped in for a few minutes looking for frozen Tyson Spicy Chicken patties, none. Food Lion still carries them, but they come from two different plants. I can tell you with certainty that Tyson's doesn't have consistency of product from plant to plant. I've learned to check the plant number to be sure the product is edible. Lately, Food Lion currently has had the compressed sawdust patties covered in an unappealing bread crumbs that are disgusting. I've tried various ways of "cooking" them to make them more palatable with no success. My quest continues...

#Plant7221

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Popped in for a few minutes looking for frozen Tyson Spicy Chicken patties, none. Food Lion still carries them, but they come from two different plants. I can tell you with certainty that Tyson's doesn't have consistency of product from plant to plant. I've learned to check the plant number to be sure the product is edible. Lately, Food Lion currently has had the compressed sawdust patties covered in an unappealing bread crumbs that are disgusting. I've tried various ways of "cooking" them to make them more palatable with no success. My quest continues...

#Plant7221
Interesting.