Should I ‘settle’ now or hold out for Mr. Right?

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
Ah yes - a quote from "The Devil's Advocate" - the devil, no less. Because he wanted Keanu to abandon his wife and screw his sister. Not the most compelling argument, and generally only applies to the infatuated feeling you get every once in a while. I love my son, too, but I don't get the same kind of thrill from wiping his bottom or holding him when he cries.

And chocolate won't keep your feet warm at night.

Yes, yes it is. Love won't keep my feet warm either, but a blanket will. I don't have to worry about wiping a Hershey bar's butt, dealing with migraine inducing screams, or it hogging all the blankets making my feet cold. See? Better all around.

SamSpade

All I know is, with the good and bad, my life is 1000% happier with my wife than it was in all the frustrating and fruitless years before. Fact is, I was sorely unhappy during those times, and I had no idea, because I hadn't a clue what "happy" actually was. I'd still take my life now, with the crying kid and arguing over decades of painful, life-numbing loneliness. I didn't settle, I just finally wised up after one too many heartbreaks.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
All I know is, with the good and bad, my life is 1000% happier with my wife than it was in all the frustrating and fruitless years before. Fact is, I was sorely unhappy during those times, and I had no idea, because I hadn't a clue what "happy" actually was. I'd still take my life now, with the crying kid and arguing over decades of painful, life-numbing loneliness. I didn't settle, I just finally wised up after one too many heartbreaks.

Awwww. :huggy:

lovinmaryland

:huggy: