Should the Father's Feeling be considered in the case of an abortion?

Should the Father's Discision be as Important as the Mother's?

• Yes the Father's decision in the Abortion Should be considered.

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • No the Father's decision should have no bearing on the abortion

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Have the Abortion done, but sterilize the woman to prevent further need for abortion.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Have the Abortion done, but sterilize the man to prevent further need for abortion.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sterilize both the mn and woman to prevent further need for abortion.

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
My primary concern is that the father be held just as responsible as the mother for the unwanted pregnancy. Consider his feelings, yes. Give him a blanket veto power over the decision, no. (I understand that's actually been proposed over the years.)

I've always felt that as a man, any opinion I may have on abortion may not be as valid as a woman's opinion. That's because I don't have the capability to conceive and bear children. This would be the case no matter what side of the issue I was on, or what side the woman was on. It would feel like I was passing judgment on the woman, like I was presuming that I was God.

I would feel the same way if the issue was heroic measures. I've never had to deal with the trauma of having a comatose family member on life support after all hope of recovery was gone. I simply don't know what it's like to be faced with such a torturous decision. So it would be ethically wrong for me to tell people in that situation what to do about their loved ones.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by lfquade
As for the quickening part, not all women feel the baby at the same stage as others? So, I don't that's to good of an idea. Someone needs to go to one of those websites and look at the babies at different stages and see where it begins to look like a baby and thats the point where abortions should not be performed.
True all woman are different and the same for the developing child, but once there is movement is there any doubt as to life?

lfquade

Originally posted by Ken King
True all woman are different and the same for the developing child, but once there is movement is there any doubt as to life?

Yes that's true but how is a stage or week set as to which its to late for an abortion?

Z

zuchick

I may be Old Fashion, but common sense dictates that life begins at conception..

A person can deny that Life does not begin at Conception it if they wish, but to do so would suggest gulliblity on their part.

IMHB, anyone who has achieved the age of 12 years or even younger and believes that Life begins at Birth is very gullible indeed. Now I wait for someone to prove me to be in error.