Shrinkage

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Goodness, can you imagine just how short Morgie is going to be when she gets reallllllly old, like next week? :shrug:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Like itsbob said, probably an indication of osteoporosis. Changes in bone density (particularly the femor) can cause "shrinkage". You might want to get a bone density check the next time you have a physical. Once you get to about 30 the shrinking begins and can total as much as two to three inches by the time you hit 70.

MargeInCharge

Wenchy said:
I don't know why I decided to do this tonight, but I opened the closet door that has my children's heights marked off through the years. I had also marked my height on there for reference.

I then backed up against the frame, and 'measured' myself.

1/2" has disappeared since 10-10-01. Where did it go?

It's true. I never wanted to believe it, but it is. :jameo:

I feel your pain. I've always been 5'3 3/4" (every little quarter counts when you're short!). Then I got measured a couple years ago and found that I was only 5'3 1/4"....lost a half inch in there somewhere over the years.

I remember my dad always said he was 5'10", then one day we kids measured him and he was only 5'9"...he was probably about my age now, in his early 40's. He wasn't real happy, and told us we were measuring him wrong :lmao:

And my uncle, he used to be 5'7", but before he died at 68 years old, I swear he was only about as tall as me. He had some major shrinkage going on.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
:shrug: guess you'll just have to sexy spike heels more often

I'm just gratefull this thread isn't about cold water :lol:

W

Wenchy

Nickel said:
As you become a geezer, your spine curves slightly, resulting in a small loss of height. My dad has lost a fraction of an inch too. :lmao:

It will get you too, my pretty. And your little dog, too! :evil:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Ken King said:
Like itsbob said, probably an indication of osteoporosis. Changes in bone density (particularly the femor) can cause "shrinkage". You might want to get a bone density check the next time you have a physical. Once you get to about 30 the shrinking begins and can total as much as two to three inches by the time you hit 70.

My mom just turned 70 this year. :ohwell:

W

Wenchy

vraiblonde said:
Well, think about it this way: unless you shrink 5 inches, you'll still be taller than me :shrug:

This is very true. :yay:

I'm going to be positive about this. I will be able to put on my boots/heels in 20 years, and be the same height as the average man.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Nickel said:
I'll still always be freakishly tall. :neener:
Crap. I'm 5'3 and can barely hold the bike up. If I shrink anymore, I won't be able to ride it. 1bdz is on tiptoes on her bike. :lmao:

dustin

UAIOE
Wenchy said:
This is very true. :yay:

I'm going to be positive about this. I will be able to put on my boots/heels in 20 years, and be the same height as the average man.
you can lose some height over the daytime due to gravity. most people are taller in the morning right after they wake up than they are in the evening.

at what time of the day did you measure yourself the first time compared to today?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Wenchy said:
I am no different. It still sucks.

:smack:
In that case..

when your nipples touch your knees it's too late to do anything..

Better start mixing Calcium into your Geritol..

:razz:

W

Wenchy

dustin said:
at what time of the day did you measure yourself the first time compared to today?

I can't remember, but that is fodder for another thread.