Sick of Faucism

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Fauci Finally Admits in New Interview That Masks Don't Work

Too Many Contradictions To Remember

But that contradiction is par for the course for Fauci, who recently said he wished we'd coerced the public into wearing masks earlier, despite the lack of supporting evidence, then or now.

Yet during this interview, he admitted that masks are not effective at a population level.

When asked about it, he responded that the effect size at a population level is minimal.

Wallace-Wells: It was around the same time that the mask guidance wavered — first, masks were not recommended, and then they were. But I want to ask you to reflect on the even bigger picture: Were the culture-war fights over masking worth it? Or did those fights have a bigger negative impact on future vaccine uptake among conservatives than the positive impact they had on spread? To be clear: I’m not someone who doesn’t think masks work. I think the science and the data show that they do work, but that they aren’t perfect and that at the population level the effect can be somewhat small. In what was probably our best study, from Bangladesh, in places where mask use tripled, positive tests were reduced by less than 10 percent.
Fauci: From a broad public-health standpoint, at the population level, masks work at the margins — maybe 10 percent. But for an individual who religiously wears a mask, a well-fitted KN95 or N95, it’s not at the margin. It really does work.
"From a broad public-health standpoint, at the population level, masks work at the margins — maybe 10 percent.”

Wait, what now?

From saying we should have all worn masks earlier in the pandemic, to now admitting that, at best, they're about 10 percent effective in the general public?

There's no evidence that they're even 10 percent effective, but even allowing for that, the tremendous harms of mask wearing would far outweigh any marginal benefit.

Especially considering that COVID is endemic and will be contracted by everyone, regardless of what they do.

Fauci then contradicts himself, again, saying that at an individual level, high quality masks are effective.

"But for an individual who religiously wears a mask, a well-fitted KN95 or N95, it’s not at the margin. It really does work," he claimed.

There is no evidence that this statement is true, and much to suggest that it isn't. But that also stands in direct opposition to what he's previously said.

He himself wore cloth masks and repeatedly told the public that using anything of any fabric would be effective. Now he's limiting it to only claiming a "well-fitted KN95 or N95" is effective?

That's an absurd deflection that stands in direct opposition to his earlier statements.

Fauci Should Never Have Had The Power He Wielded

This interview shows yet again why Fauci should always have been completely ignored.

Mask mandates were imposed, people were fired, punished and excluded based on his claims that masks were effective and protective.

Now, after the fact, he's reduced his estimates to "maybe" 10% effectiveness.

He's lied and contradicted himself so many times that even he can't remember what his current position is.

Yet again, he referred to “asymptomatic spread” as a “game-changer.”

Wallace-Wells: The asymptomatic spread.
Fauci: To me, that was the game-changer.

Ignoring that the flu also spreads asymptomatically, and masks were never recommended for the flu. Because they don’t work.

Fauci is, and always was, a politician. He's a government bureaucrat who took advantage of the ability to wield influence, power and indulge authoritarian impulses latent in public health.

His dictates were often based on wishful thinking, delusional misrepresentations, and over-reliance on poor quality evidence ignored by other countries. He divided the U.S. politically and contributed to the mass distrust of public health by blaming and shaming.

The media and institutional left grasped on to his every word, every thought, because it contradicted Donald Trump. So even as his mandates clearly and obviously failed, they refused to abandon their promotion and deification.

And to Fauci, who described himself as representing the very concept of "science," anything he said must be true, because he said it. An egomaniac who was given indefinite, unprecedented power over the country.

This embarrassing retraction serves as yet another reminder that those who the media presents as infallible are often the most catastrophically wrong. Fauci was wrong about masks, as he was about any number of other issues.

And even if he himself wasn't even aware of the implications in today’s interview, he finally admitted that he got it wrong on masks.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
💉 The New York Times ran a hagiographic article yesterday headlined, “The Long-Slow Dissolution of Anthony Fauci, Public Health’s Sacrificial Chupacabra.” Sorry, I made that up. That’s what the headline should have been. It was actually headlined, “Dr. Fauci Looks Back: ‘Something Clearly Went Wrong’.”

You don’t say.

Before I get to the story’s smelly entrails, feast your peepers on this next example of Times’ so-called journalism, one of the story’s folksy Fauci photos, with a heartwarming caption saying something like “Fauci, now retired, relaxes at home.” Observe with wonderment all the cute fridge magnets, the modest appliances, his thoughtful, introspective gaze, and by Jiminy, it even looks like the good doctor just finished doing the dishes!

Give me a freaking break. We’re meant to believe this disgraceful human cockroach even wears a BUTTONED-UP SUIT — in his own kitchen?

Oh please. If that’s Fauci’s kitchen, then Fauci is Gregor Samsa. Kafka would smile approvingly. Of course, this is exactly the kind of pablum the New York Times’ readers can never get enough of, like a swarm of meth-addled ants discovering an unattended picnic.

And that’s not even the cover photo, which was a dramatic black and white photo of Fauci somberly adjusting his tie. I can’t bring myself to put you through that, go find it yourself if you’re a glutton for punishment.

Anyway, the article’s lead sentence set the tone: “It was, perhaps, an impossible job.” Maybe. Or perhaps not. Who can say? In the second paragraph, the story numbers Fauci’s “problems,” which mostly seem like wins to me:

— Elon Musk joked on Twitter that his pronouns were “Prosecute/Fauci”,

— at least 30 states have passed laws limiting public-health pandemic powers,

— Anthony Fauci ‘retired’,

— barely half of Americans say they trust the country’s public-health institutions to manage a future pandemic,

— The Wall Street Journal said Fauci’s legacy was “sowing distrust about public health and vaccines”,

— leftist magazine The Drift mocked Fauci as “Doctor Do-Little”,

— Matt Gaetz said Fauci had “blood on his hands,”

— Gov. DeSantis advised “Grab that little elf and chuck him across the Potomac”,

— “almost certainly, schools stayed closed longer than they needed to”, and

— “vaccination rates never approached the levels of peer nations — and the problem wasn’t just the anti-vaccine right.”

I mean, that’s barely a start, but it’s a start. With the exception of school closures, all that other stuff counts as a win in my book. And the Times did, eventually, get around to the post-jab excess deaths problem:

[The United States has] done much worse, compared with our peers, since vaccination began than we had before.

In a Q&A format that sounded more like two new lovers discussing the headlines, and which allowed Fauci to just blather endlessly about whatever unchallenged nonsense he wanted to, the Times and Fauci finally discovered together the electrifying solution that anti-vaxxers are responsible for the excess deaths.

Fauci: I mean, only 68 percent of the country is vaccinated. If you rank us among both developed and developing countries, we do really poorly. We’re not even in the top ten. We’re way down there.

Oh, and don’t forget white supremacists:

[Fauci:] And the health disparities — racial and ethnic health disparities. Every country has a little bit of that, but we really have a lot of it.

In other words, it’s not HIS fault, it is all Fauci’s political enemies’ fault. Finally, the mutually-congratulatory softball question that showed where the official narrative is headed — maybe it was NOBODY’S FAULT:

[Interviewer:] Which makes me wonder, was it vanity to believe, as many of us did early in the pandemic, that we had the tools we needed to bring the nightmare to an end?

Fauci: Yeah, you’re probably onto something there, David. I remember a public conversation I was having about the importance of a very effective degree of preparedness — how much it will allow you to escape significant damage from an outbreak. And I remember saying, depending on the transmissibility, morbidity and mortality of a particular pathogen, that sometimes no matter how well you are prepared, you are going to get a lot of hurt. This was one of those outbreaks. And you’re absolutely right.

But the nugget of real news, buried way down toward the end of the interview, was a moon-shattering narrative shift to accommodate all the new studies showing that masks don’t work. You have to see it to believe it:

[Interviewer:] To be clear: I’m not someone who doesn’t think masks work. I think the science and the data show that they do work, but that they aren’t perfect and that at the population level the effect can be somewhat small. In what was probably our best study, from Bangladesh, in places where mask use tripled, positive tests were reduced by less than 10 percent.

Fauci: It’s a good point in general, but I disagree with your premise a bit. From a broad public-health standpoint, at the population level, masks work at the margins — maybe 10 percent. But for an individual who religiously wears a mask, a well-fitted KN95 or N95, it’s not at the margin. It really does work.

Hahahaha! Cut-up t-shirts work, but only a little! Ten percent! Does that sound like anything they were saying before ten minutes ago? Do you think mask mandates — especially for kids — would’ve have a snowball’s chance if they’d told us there was a POSSIBLE ten-percent benefit of SLOWED SPREAD? How about when you compare that implausible benefit to the risk of Mask Induced Exhaustion Syndrome and BRAIN DAMAGE? (* See Monday’s studies.)

And does a ten-percent reduction in spread even amount to any significant benefit at all amidst a pandemic? (Assuming, of course, there was ever a pandemic.) In other words, “wear this mask, and you have a ten percent chance of catching covid a little later!”

Keep trying, New York Times. We aren’t buying this story either.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Fauci, as usual, showed himself a master of illusion. Take his assertion that “only 68 percent of the country is vaccinated. If you rank us among both developed and developing countries, we do really poorly.” Really? Well that depends on what you mean by “vaccinated”. If that means you got the first shot — the only one that actually provided transmission protection — then the US actually did quite well, with 80 percent receiving at least one dose. Germany, Luxembourg and Austria are at 78 percent, and progressives’ favorite Scandinavian country, Sweden, sits at 76 percent. Even if you assume he meant “fully vaccinated” with the latest jab, the Netherlands, Switzerland and the Baltic states are all pretty darn close to the US’s 68 percent.

He plays the same game with the lab leak theory. Asked about the “lab leak versus natural origin” debate, Fauci said, “until you have a definitive proof of one or the other, it is essential to have an open mind. And I have been this way from the very beginning, David, notwithstanding the criticisms to the contrary.” Is that so? Cockburn certainly does not remember that, and neither, apparently, does Doctor Robert Redfield, the CDC director at the time, who claims that Fauci slammed the door shut on the lab leak hypothesis pretty early on.

And that’s not all! Fauci, in response to an inquiry about gain of function funding, claimed:

[A]ll of the intelligence groups agree that this was not an engineered virus. And if it’s not an engineered virus, what actually leaked from the lab? If it wasn’t an engineered virus, somebody went out into the field, got infected, came back to the lab and then spread it out to other people. That ain’t a lab leak, strictly speaking. That’s a natural occurrence.

Let’s unpack that marvelous trickery. There is some limited truth that intelligence agencies agree that the virus was not “genetically engineered,” as the DNI reported in 2021 that “most agencies also assess with low confidence that SARS-CoV-2 probably was not genetically engineered”. The first wrinkle, obviously, is that this assessment is from “most agencies” and is “low confidence.” The second wrinkle is that “two agencies believe there was not sufficient evidence to make an assessment either way.” Not exactly a resounding renunciation of an engineered virus. It is not clear to Cockburn how the agencies have shifted their opinions, if at all, on the topic since 2021, though we may know soon once the intelligence is declassified.

Further, his definition of a lab leak is comically oversimplified. For Fauci, the way it could be a “lab leak” is if the scientist caught the virus from some natural source and then infected his or her colleagues. Admittedly, Fauci gets points for creativity: he effectively coopts the lab leak theory to confirm his own belief that that virus spread from a natural origin point.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Researchers at the Department of Defense wrote a devastating takedown of the Proximal Origin study, which was used by Dr. Anthony Fauci as proof that the COVID-19 virus had come from nature.

The takedown, dated May 26, 2020, was written in the form of a working paper called “Critical analysis of Andersen et al. The proximal origin of SARS-CoV-2.” It was authored by Commander Jean-Paul Chretien, a Navy doctor working at the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, and Dr. Robert Cutlip, a research scientist at the Defense Intelligence Agency. The paper came to light on May 15, when it was leaked to the public via virus origins search group DRASTIC (Decentralized Radical Autonomous Search Team Investigating COVID-19).

The working paper forensically dismantles the natural origin case made in Proximal Origin and concludes, “The arguments that Andersen et al. use to support a natural-origin scenario for SARS-CoV-2 are based not on scientific analysis, but on unwarranted assumptions.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘Experts’ Are Now Beginning to Express Regrets over Fauci’s Dreadful Handling of Covid

The effort to rehabilitate Fauci’s reputation is failing spectacularly, especially in light of recent revelations essentially confirming the lab-leak origins of the covid pandemic. Now “experts” are beginning to distance themselves from the than man who was once the most highly paid employee in federal government.

Former Centers for Disease Control & Prevention Director Robert Redfield is ‘very disappointed’ in Fauci’s lack of interest in pursuing the real origins of the pandemic in order to protect gain-of-function research.

“Tony and I have been friends for a long time, but I’m very disappointed in how he’s responded to this,” Redfield said. “Largely, I think it’s grounded in his advocacy for gain-of-function research.”
“I think, as you know, he’s a strong advocate for gain-of-function research, and I’m a strong advocate for a moratorium on gain-of-function research.”

Legal Insurrection readers may recall that Fauci both commissioned and had final approval on a scientific paper written in February 2020 designed to disprove the theory that the virus leaked from a Wuhan lab.

One of the authors of a scientific paper credited with smearing the covid lab leak hypothesis as a fringe conspiracy theory has today admitted they went ‘too far.’

Professor Robert Garry, a respected microbiologist who works at Tulane University in New Orleans, is one of five bylined on a paper in March 2020 entitled ‘The Proximal Origin of Sars-Cov-2’.
…The letter, published in the journal Nature Medicine, concluded: ‘We do not believe that any type of laboratory-based scenario is plausible.’
Now, Dr Garry has told the BBC this statement was never meant to dismiss all types of potential lab leak.
Speaking to Fever: The Hunt for Covid’s Origin, an eight-part BBC Radio 4 series, he said they were aiming to dismiss the idea the virus had been intentionally crafted as a bioweapon.
‘At that point we were still largely under the influence, when that particular sentence was written, with the notion that this may have been a bioengineered virus or maybe a weapon that just sort of accidentally released,’ he said.
But pressed by John Sudworth, the BBC’s former Beijing Correspondent, on how the paper’s principal conclusion covered all types of lab leaks, such as a from a disease research facility, Professor Garry admitted the wording was wrong.
‘Maybe we went a little too far there,’ he said.
His comments mark a shift in his opinion.

SamSpade

The events are appearing to look much like - this.

Fauci was at least partly if not fully involved in the American funding of the Wuhan lab and specifically, gain of function research with regard to the kind of virus. I have no conjecture for why this was done - possibly to weaponize a virus, but maybe to examine how to combat a possible future mutation? I have no idea.

The first ones infected - were persons at the Wuhan lab. Since the virus is often asymptomatic - for as much as two weeks - it is easy to see how the virus spread out into the city quickly. The virus as we've observed, spreads rapidly, but takes some time to show up.

Once the pandemic hits, Fauci does a LOT of backpedaling, sneering at some, equivocating with others. You may notice that OFTEN - he doesn't actually refute or deny anything, preferring to use "weasel words" - answering with indirect or weak responses - to avoid outright lies. But he lies, when that doesn't work.

If he'd been forthright in the beginning - he himself would have taken a hit - but much of the world might have been spared.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Once the pandemic hits, Fauci does a LOT of backpedaling, sneering at some, equivocating with others. You may notice that OFTEN - he doesn't actually refute or deny anything, preferring to use "weasel words" - answering with indirect or weak responses - to avoid outright lies. But he lies, when that doesn't work.

Yep a LYING weasel the ENTIRE TIME

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

The CDC And Dr. Fauci Knew The Truth About Vaccine Effectiveness Yet Pushed For Mandates Anyway

Former CDC Director Rochelle Walensky has undoubtedly been an underrated contributor to the rapid proliferation of misinformation and harmful policies during the second half of the pandemic.

Rightfully, the focus is often on Dr. Anthony Fauci, whose advocacy, authoritarian impulses and relentless incompetence helped ensure masks would become a semi-permanent part of every day life, despite knowing that there was no evidence they were substantively effective.

Fauci Finally Admits in New Interview That Masks Don't Work​

But Walensky’s contributions should not go unmentioned. The list of her mistakes is awe inspiring, essentially endless, and newsworthy.

https://ianmsc.substack.com/p/cdc-director-rochelle-walensky-resigns

CDC Director Rochelle Walensky Resigns After An Endless List of Disastrous Mistakes​

https://ianmsc.substack.com/p/cdc-director-rochelle-walensky-resigns
We now have even further evidence that she knowingly and purposefully misled the public in order to advance policies and mandates that she supported.

Just like Peter Hotez.

https://ianmsc.substack.com/p/the-media-and-the-experts-are-purposefully

The Media and The Experts™ Are Purposefully Spreading Disinformation​

New revelations have uncovered that she blatantly lied about what she knew about COVID vaccines, and when she knew it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Fauci Held 'Unlawful Tenure' for Months Because Biden's HHS Failed to Reappoint Him

House Energy and Commerce Committee Chairwoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA) — along with Health Subcommittee Chair Brett Guthrie (R-KY) and Oversight Subcommittee Chairman Morgan Griffith (R-VA) — wrote to Becerra raising "serious concerns" about his failure to "follow the law and ensure accountability for billions of dollars in taxpayer funding at the National Institute of Health (NIH)."

Evidently, Becerra and the Biden HHS "did not reappoint a number of Institute and Center (IC) Directors at the NIH" including Dr. Anthony Fauci and more than one dozen others, a failure that "could have grave implications for the validity of actions taken by 14 NIH IC Directors during their unlawful tenure."

Those directors' terms ended on December 12, 2021 but, despite being required to by a provision in the 21st Century Cares Act, Becerra did not appoint or reappoint the NIH IC Directors on December 13, 2021.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🔥 Among other important topics, the House Oversight Committee has been working on the Wuhan lab leak controversy, and last week released a batch of explosive new documents, including what might be the single most important email in the long, sordid history of government covid misconduct.

The Committee’s new disclosures included a Fauci email dated February 1st, 2020, that had been previously released to private FOIA requestors, but in a useless, heavily redacted form. Fauci and the NIH basically gave the private parties who requested the documents the bird with a giant block redaction leaving a couple meaningless words tacked onto either side:

The exception they used, “(b)(5)”, is the “deliberative process privilege” that is intended to protect frank discussions between agency employees. The idea is that if government employees are constantly worrying about how their communications might look later on, they won’t be able to talk freely, permanently stuck in CYA mode, and that hampers efficient government.

Or as an alternative suggestion, they could just avoid doing and talking about things that look bad — because they ARE bad. I realize that’s a radical notion.

Anyway, the (b)(5) inter-agency FOIA exception doesn’t apply to the House Oversight Committee, because the Committee IS the government, and doesn’t have to use FOIA to get government documents. So the Committee got from the NIH an unreacted version of the same email, and guess what?

It immediately became perfectly obvious what they were hiding. There’s a key sentence in the middle of the document that, had it been disclosed instead of buried under a planet-sized pile of bureaucratic bovine excrement, might have changed everything:

The Committee’s version amusingly only redacted the officials’ email addresses, which WEREN’T redacted in the nearly-completely-redacted, publicly-produced FOIA version. That’s our government at work. Anyway, here’s the highlighted sentence from above. Remember, this is Fauci talking to a bunch of other top, important people in our government’s health apparatus:

The suspicion was heightened by the fact that scientists in Wuhan University are known to have been working on gain-of-function experiments to determine the molecular mechanisms associated with bat viruses adapting to human infection, and the outbreak originated in Wuhan.

Got that? “The FACT” that scientists in Wuhan “ARE known” — known, not “suspected” — and HOW did they know? — known to be working on gain-of-function research … on what? BAT VIRUSES, that’s what. That sentence proves Fauci and the rest of that colorful group of mobsters knew BEFORE FEBRUARY 1ST 2020 about the gain-of-function bat work in Wuhan, yet they spent three years denying that singular, critically-important fact, and then bribing, threatening, cajoling and making life absolutely miserable for anyone and everyone who dared asked questions.

They must have known that, if they admitted the bat virus gain-of-function research in Wuhan, nobody would have ever believed, not for one second, their fairy tale that the novel, human-targeting bat coronavirus sprang complete, totally separately, totally coincidentally, from a wet market less than a mile away from the Institute of Virology.

Not even Hunter Biden after a long night of partying would believe that malarkey. Res ipsa loquitur.

But instead of focusing their collective health agency resources on singularly critical FACT, they decided to lie about it, and so began what might be the biggest, most-destructive coverup in human history. It was a conspiracy of massive proportions. And I wouldn’t be surprised if the government’s massive censorship operation didn’t begin life specifically to protect THIS particular whopper.

This coverup is literally a million times worse than the cholera epidemic the United Nations caused in Haiti and then lied about for six years.

How many deaths could have been prevented if we knew it was not a “novel” virus at all but a human-engineered bioweapon, and didn’t waste thousands of research hours looking in all the wrong places? Worse, bioweapons designers ALWAYS make a cure for their bioweapons along with their diseases. We might have used the KNOWN FACTS to force the Chinese to cough up the cure, or at least turn over all its data about how the virus was created.

Instead, Fauci and company helped protect the Chinese, intentionally creating a miasma of B.S. and confusion that hangs over and smothers the country more than the Canadian wildfire smog.

If you depended on corporate media for information, you wouldn’t even know about this story.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🔥 We weren’t the only ones who noticed Dr. Fauci’s stunning admission in that redacted/unredacted gain-of-function email I covered yesterday. Also yesterday, the UK Daily Mail ran this headline:

Human cockroach Anthony Fauci, the highest-paid employee in the federal government before he retired (and you don’t even want to know about his retirement package), consistently denied in his sworn Congressional testimony that the U.S. government ever funded gain-of-function research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

Fauci steadfastly insisted it NEVER EVER HAPPENED. But the Daily Mail reported that in a letter to Attorney General Garland, Senator Rand Paul directly linked NIH funding to Wuhan gain-of-function research into coronaviruses:

“And yet, gain-of-function research was done entirely in the Wuhan Institute by Doctor Shi [Zhengli] and was funded by the NIH,” he said. Paul then cited the paper by WIV scientists titled “Discovery of a rich gene pool of bat SARS-related coronaviruses provides new insights into the origin of SARS coronavirus.”​

The paper specifically talks about ongoing efforts to produce a ‘chimeric’ coronavirus, which means it has been altered by man – otherwise known as ‘gain of function.’​

It also details, Paul noted, that the NIH was a source of funding for that research.​

Well, how about that? Fauci lied, under oath. You know how to tell whether Fauci is lying? Check to see if his lips are moving.

Grandma Garland won’t do a thing about it, of course, but it’s progress. Drip, drip, drip.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Emails Show Fauci Knew From A 2020 Federalist Article That Masking Was Ineffective But Demanded It Anyway

Paper Trail​

Around the same time the Federalist article was published, Fauci, Folkers, and Lerner were busy working on their aforementioned “viewpoint” paper that claimed the nation’s “return to normalcy” was contingent upon the “widespread acceptance and adoption of mask wearing and other inexpensive and effective interventions as part of the COVID-19 prevention toolbox.”

Emails reveal the paper was solicited by Howard Bauchner, the then-editor-in-chief of the Journal of the American Medical Association and its network.

“A request has come in to have ‘Dr. Fauci write a VP about the importance of masking’ — for the record. Obviously aware of the tug and war ongoing. Your call. The twist could be that masking will be important even after vaccination begins,” Bauchner wrote in an Oct. 1, 2020 email to Fauci.

Screenshot-2023-07-25-at-11.07.20-AM-1024x602.png

When The Federalist article came across his desk, Fauci acknowledged the CDC’s findings ran counter to his mask push. Yet exactly two weeks after admitting the data threatened his preferred narrative, JAMA published Fauci’s article titled, “Preventing the Spread of SARS-CoV-2 With Masks and Other ‘Low-tech’ Interventions.”

Fauci would have had plenty of time to update the paper with the latest masking findings since JAMA did not send him his page proof until Oct. 21.

Screenshot-2023-07-25-at-11.11.58-AM-1024x638.png

Instead of acknowledging the critical information undermining his previously held masking narrative, however, Fauci doubled down.

In the published paper, he insisted that “to safely reopen businesses, schools, and other facets of society, mask use in the community to prevent the spread of SARS-CoV-2, in conjunction with other low-cost, low-tech, commonsense public health practices, is and will remain critical.” To bolster his point, Fauci touted now-debunked data to suggest that mask mandates “have been associated with a decline in the daily growth rate of COVID-19 cases in the US.”

“During the pandemic, Dr. Fauci was the face of the United States’ medical and scientific struggle against COVID-19. So it should be extremely concerning to the American public that he cherry-picked research on the efficacy of masks in preventing the spread of the virus,” Peter McGinnis, spokesman for FGI, said in a statement. “He clearly knew about the CDC study showing masks didn’t work as we were told, but he chose neither to address nor even mention it and instead pushed forward his paper saying the exact opposite. At best, this is poor scientific ethics. If Dr. Fauci was so quick to ignore science so early in the pandemic, why should the American public trust anything else he said or did over the last few years?”

To Mask or to Double Mask​

Even before the CDC study, Fauci privately admitted at the beginning of the Covid pandemic that masking was not the effective solution he later claimed it would be. Fauci’s February 2020 emails obtained in 2021 by Buzzfeed News and The Washington Post showed the director confidently stating that wearing a mask did not stop the spread of the new virus. He publicly repeated the sentiment that “there’s no reason to be walking around with a mask” in a “60 Minutes” interview in March 2020.

As the corporate media and Covid regime’s panic ramped up, however, Fauci changed his tune and began pushing for widespread masking under the guise of protecting against accidental asymptomatic transmission — a phenomenon that studies and the World Health Organization’s technical lead admitted is “very rare.”

When Howard Zucker, the commissioner of the New York State Department of Health appointed by disgraced former Gov. Andrew Cuomo, asked Fauci in July 2020 for “information backing the efficacy of masks at prevention acquisition and spread of SARS-CoV-2,” Fauci obliged with a list of several studies that called for “Universal Masking,” emails reviewed by The Federalist showed.

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Dr. Anthony Fauci is caught in his biggest COVID lie yet

A newly surfaced February 2020 email about a COVID task-force call between him, his associates and UK science big Dr. Jeremy Farrar shows Fauci not only using the term “gain-of-function” to describe the work at Wuhan, but highlighting serious misgivings about the virus being of natural origin.

So not only does it look like Fauci was at the very least obfuscating during the 2021 testimony; it shows that he and other senior scientists (including then-NIH head Francis Collins, who was on the call) also took the lab-leak origin theory of COVID seriously.

At least before they panicked and launched a massive behind-the-scenes effort to suppress it — likely to hide their own possible complicity in funding work that might’ve unleashed COVID on the world.

To do that they bullied scientists dependent on the millions in grant money they controlled and whipped compliant media into a frenzy over “disinformation.”

In fact, that very same month a Post op-ed by Steven Mosher got smothered by Facebook and Twitter for suggesting the exact same thing Fauci & Co. admitted they were worried about to Farrar.

That view — that COVID came from a lab — is now increasingly the belief of the US federal government.