Sign the Petition - A Light for Aly Purvis

tommyjones

Sign the Petition - A... 11-07-2007 02:22 PM I hope this happens to someone you love

and i hope you entire family gets aids:yahoo:

:thereiguessthatmakesuseven:

FerretRescue

bite me
the SHA has a process by which they determine if a light is needed. I garuntee it has been looked at.

calling for a light after an accident is just as kneejerk as calling for all guns to be banned after a school shooting.

Do they do this everytime an accident happens then decide to put one in? How does that work?

It's happened...

Attachments

• Fonzie_jumps_the_shark.png
    Fonzie_jumps_the_shark.png
    71.4 KB · Views: 59

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
Sign the Petition - A...11-07-2007 02:43 PMthat has nothing to do with what we are talking about. keep up

My post was about lights on Rt. 4 in a thread about adding a light on Rt. 4.

:dur:

tommyjones

Do they do this everytime an accident happens then decide to put one in? How does that work?

i dont work for the SHA, but i do know they put in new lights and intersections, and amazingly enough they tend to fix the dangerous ones.....

look at plum point, broomes island, the circles on rt 2, the north beach exit/ flyover......
it happens all the time.

R

Rienell

This is the only thing I've been asking from the start...
Heres your own reply to the same question.

"Get off your lazy ass and do the research yourself if you are at all interested in helping someone else. Otherwise shut up. I think they are enough intelligent and caring people to sign without having to worry about winning yours."

God help us at election time if this is how people are going to make their decisions.

I'm done trying to defend my simple quest for knowledge. We disagree...simple as that.

FerretRescue

bite me
i dont work for the SHA, but i do know they put in new lights and intersections, and amazingly enough they tend to fix the dangerous ones.....

look at plum point, broomes island, the circles on rt 2, the north beach exit/ flyover......
it happens all the time.

I know since I went to school back in the 80's at NHS parents and people in the community has talked about a light there. I know this is not the first death at the intersection too. So what does it take to get help? What does it take to make the roads safer? Not just teens drivers but all drivers?

FerretRescue

bite me
This is the only thing I've been asking from the start...
Heres your own reply to the same question.

"Get off your lazy ass and do the research yourself if you are at all interested in helping someone else. Otherwise shut up. I think they are enough intelligent and caring people to sign without having to worry about winning yours."

God help us at election time if this is how people are going to make their decisions.

I'm done trying to defend my simple quest for knowledge. We disagree...simple as that.

OMG are you kidding me? Two different things. The process inside is not searchable. I have already tried. You really think that everything is recorded so people can google it?

He gave the impression he knew the SHA proccess which in turn I asked him to explain. That is not what you were doing at all.:bigwhoop:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
OMG are you kidding me? Two different things. The process inside is not searchable. I have already tried. You really think that everything is recorded so people can google it?

He gave the impression he knew the SHA proccess which in turn I asked him to explain. That is not what you were doing at all.:bigwhoop:

Neither Reinell or tommyjones are worth responding to. They don't want to have a conversation, they want to be right.

tommyjones

seriously, you have to know that MD has some of the best roads in the country, right.

I know in the last year i have seen people from the state out at intersections making surveys of the traffic when it is at high volume.

they have a process, just becasue i cant tell you "there either has to be 3 fatal accidents, or X % of the volume turning left" doesn't mean they dont have a formula.

FerretRescue

bite me
seriously, you have to know that MD has some of the best roads in the country, right.

I know in the last year i have seen people from the state out at intersections making surveys of the traffic when it is at high volume.

they have a process, just becasue i cant tell you "there either has to be 3 fatal accidents, or X % of the volume turning left" doesn't mean they dont have a formula.

I was just asking you because I thought you worked for SHA. If you cannot give that to me that is fine. Yes, I do know in comparision we do have some of the best roads but in no means do I think we are perfect.

If having a light there, helps then so be it. If it slows others down they will learn to live with it.

Maybe this is the accident that tips the scales to having a light?? Who knows but asking for help such as this is not a bad idea.

FerretRescue

bite me
Neither Reinell or tommyjones are worth responding to. They don't want to have a conversation, they want to be right.

It is a shame that in a time like this, people cannot try to work together for a solution.

My red karma Sign the Petition - A... 11-07-2007 03:30 PM you totally missed the point.

I may have, if there was one. You have yet to justify what you are saying. Next time sign it. You are only arguing for the sake of arguing.:bigwhoop:at the expense of others.

Last edited:

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
I am not familiar with the part of Route 4 where the accident happened but I thought I was reading yesterday where there was really bad visibility trying to pull out into traffic there. Is that right? If so that might be another factor in favor of putting a light there.

tommyjones

I am not familiar with the part of Route 4 where the accident happened but I thought I was reading yesterday where there was really bad visibility trying to pull out into traffic there. Is that right? If so that might be another factor in favor of putting a light there.

i would bet thats why they have the flashing light there now.....

FerretRescue

bite me

It is.

to the karma giver thanks for the green but yes it is bad. I travel that road and it is bad.

Last edited:

Go G-Men

I don't mean to be insensitive. I do feel for the families and that whole situation was dreadfully awful. But this is a "band aid" petition asking to fix a symptom and not the real problem.
I would like to see a history on how many accidents have happened at that exact site before I vote yay on this petition. If I see a trend and agree, I will vote yay. Where can one find such information?
Otherwise, putting a stop light there is only going to back up traffic and cause more delays on 4 which we don't need unless it's absolutely necessary.

Typical response from an American who would not like to be put out regardless of whether it would save a life. Much like Americans complaining of security changes at airports following 911.

If a light at that intersection will help save one 17 year old life in the future I am all for it... The problem with stats is you never know how many lives a traffic light would save once it is installed...

Just a thought

FerretRescue

bite me
Typical response from an American who would not like to be put out regardless of whether it would save a life. Much like Americans complaining of security changes at airports following 911.

If a light at that intersection will help save one 17 year old life in the future I am all for it... The problem with stats is you never know how many lives a traffic light would save once it is installed...

Just a thought

EXACTLY!