Are you going to let your hair grow in gray/silver

• yes

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • no

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters

mudpuddle

Love it, or hate it?
I wanted to go gray, but hubby hated the idea!( I still look old, even with my dyed hair! :killingme).

ZARA

I hate my silver hair. Right now my hair is dyed black because I bleached it too much to keep it my natural color without the silver...
(my silver is almost dye proof, it rarely lasts longer than 2 weeks without bleaching first-bleaching breaks down the follicle so it takes dye more readily)

Sooo...after repairing the damage I did to my hair I had to cut most of it OFF then go black to add pigment and right now...ALL my silver stands out, depending on how I fix my hair. Drives me insane! I can't dye it again for another 6 months... :bawl:

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
In a few more years, the mustache and goatee will be almost all gray. I will not color it. Enjoy the changes that come with age. :buddies:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I started going grey as a teen. I think if I had a nice streak it would be awesome. I'd probably be okay with sprinkles of grey. However, my grey comes in really weird. I have a "halo" effect of grey hair. It wraps around my head in a circle and good gracious. I look like I'm already dead. So, some color and a hairstyle that hides the halo for me. :lol:

SoMDGirl42

Love it, or hate it?
I wanted to go gray, but hubby hated the idea!( I still look old, even with my dyed hair! :killingme).

To me, there is a difference between grey and silver. My mother has silver hair and I love it. I'm a natural blonde, and I have lots of silver, but so far I've been applying dye to it.

I do not care for the grey hair that looks yellow and washed out.

deejam

In my mid fifties now, but went silver in my early twenties. Been dying my hair for many years. Due to meds, hair was falling out, so I decided the chemicals weren't helping....and it was better to have hair even if it was silver. I had jet black hair naturally and now it is all silver, not the dingy gray color. It is who I am and I love not having to dye my hair all the time and always worried about the roots! I have found that its about the hair style and not so much the color.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Love it, or hate it?

I think it looks great on some people. My Mom is using a special product that makes her gray hair look shiny and beautiful ..... (she used to get it professionally colored the natural color or her younger days).

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
In a few more years, the mustache and goatee will be almost all gray. I will not color it. Enjoy the changes that come with age. :buddies:

yeah yeah - you're a GUY, who cares - it's us women who are supposed to stay young looking forever, not the old farts LOL

Guys like it when they look "older" than the woman with them, another guy wonders ... is that his wife, or his daughter ? hmm .....

mudpuddle

In my mid fifties now, but went silver in my early twenties. Been dying my hair for many years. Due to meds, hair was falling out, so I decided the chemicals weren't helping....and it was better to have hair even if it was silver. I had jet black hair naturally and now it is all silver, not the dingy gray color. It is who I am and I love not having to dye my hair all the time and always worried about the roots! I have found that its about the hair style and not so much the color.

I would love to not have to dye my hair and worry about the roots!
(as I have said earlier, my hubby hates the idea of me going gray--even though he has gray hair! lol)
Even if I were to let my gray hair grow in, don't know how I would do it. I have black hair now, and that would look terrible--long black hair and then suddenly gray!
Don't know how you did it, going from black to gray!

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I started going grey as a teen. I think if I had a nice streak it would be awesome. I'd probably be okay with sprinkles of grey. However, my grey comes in really weird. I have a "halo" effect of grey hair. It wraps around my head in a circle and good gracious. I look like I'm already dead. So, some color and a hairstyle that hides the halo for me. :lol:

mine too started coming in as a teenager :cds:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I would love to not have to dye my hair and worry about the roots!
(as I have said earlier, my hubby hates the idea of me going gray--even though he has gray hair! lol)
Even if I were to let my gray hair grow in, don't know how I would do it. I have black hair now, and that would look terrible--long black hair and then suddenly gray!
Don't know how you did it, going from black to gray!

There is a product you can use to strip the color out of your hair. I can't recall the name of it at the moment ..... not sure if it does any damage in the process either. Maybe we have a professional in the field on here that may be able to help us out?

belvak

Happy Camper
Natural strawberry blonde (at least I used to be) with lots of highlights thanks to Mother Nature. :lol: It's mostly coming in white rather than grey. My grandmother has beautiful white hair. If it does that, I might let it go. Depends on how it looks as I get older. I just hate the idea of once you dye, you never stop! We'll see.