Are you going to let your hair grow in gray/silver

• yes

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • no

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
yeah yeah - you're a GUY, who cares - it's us women who are supposed to stay young looking forever, not the old farts LOL

Guys like it when they look "older" than the woman with them, another guy wonders ... is that his wife, or his daughter ? hmm .....

I could care less if the wife lets her hair turn gray/silver, it wouldnt change the way I feel about her, maybe I am not in the majority of men. :shrug:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
yeah yeah - you're a GUY, who cares - it's us women who are supposed to stay young looking forever, not the old farts LOL

Guys like it when they look "older" than the woman with them, another guy wonders ... is that his wife, or his daughter ? hmm .....

My husband is 6 years older than me and started going grey around 2002. He's completely grey now. He has been mistaken for our kids' grandfather by the school bus driver. :lol: I take after my mom's side of the family and went to their graves with dark un-dyed hair.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
I'd probably love it if my gray was a shiny silver, but it's a flat white (truly "dead"). I hate it. I used to color my hair myself, but I made a mess of it and had to have my hair professionally stripped. When it was stripped I found I was 80% gray (I'm only 45 and have more gray hair than my 77 yo mother).

I'm tired of having to color, so I attempted to let it grow in by coloring it blond and letting the gray slowly come in mixing it with highlights, but I still hated it! My hair also grows fast, so for now I'm budgeting cash for a professional color job once a month. My SO could care less what color my hair is, which is great, but I can't quite bring myself to let it grow out yet. :ohwell:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I could care less if the wife lets her hair turn gray/silver, it wouldnt change the way I feel about her, maybe I am not in the majority of men. :shrug:

Good for you - you're a catch then. Most men WANT other men to think their wife is hot so they think by the Mrs. doing all she can to LOOK young, he accomplishes that. I knew a guy who was like, didn't care, loved her anyway. His wife was a dedicated "teeny-bopper" and was wearing the in-style clothes of high schoolers despite being middle-aged. She'd have on a mini-skirt and rugged boots if that was the style LOL.

acommondisaster

There is a product you can use to strip the color out of your hair. I can't recall the name of it at the moment ..... not sure if it does any damage in the process either. Maybe we have a professional in the field on here that may be able to help us out?

A friend of mine who had been coloring her hair for years decided it was time to stop the charade and go natural. Her choice was to either cut it all off and come back gray or strip it and just keep trimming off the ends until she was all gray. She went with the stripping process. I hadn't seen her in a few months and saw her shortly after she had it stripped. When we went home, I asked my husband if she had cancer or was sick or something. He said he thought she had some kind of hair disaster but he hadn't listened to the whole story. Next time I saw her, I asked and she explained. She said she was pretty much wearing a hat until her gray hair had grown out and the stripped hair was all gone.

I plan on going gray as soon as my husband has more gray in his hair than mine is naturally. The hairdresser says I still have a lot of brown color on the back of my head.

Roman

I started coloring my hair in my late 40's. I went to Salons, because I didn't trust myself. Despite getting it professionally done, I had one too many bad color mistakes, and decided to let it go natural. I love the natural color, and the fact that I'm not throwing money away every 6 weeks. I'm 59 years old, and find it kind of silly when I see a woman my age, with youthful colored hair.

ZARA

I started going grey as a teen. I think if I had a nice streak it would be awesome. I'd probably be okay with sprinkles of grey. However, my grey comes in really weird. I have a "halo" effect of grey hair. It wraps around my head in a circle and good gracious. I look like I'm already dead. So, some color and a hairstyle that hides the halo for me. :lol:

You must be my twin in a past life. I got my first grey hair when I was 16. I am lucky that it is silver & white ...but DAMN! I am not ready to look my age.:cds:

I stopped coloring mine about 2 years ago .. My hair was starting to feel a little damaged and I wanted to see what my natural color was ... I've decided not to color it any more (for now) .. I have dark hair and currently have some streaks of gray, which I am starting to like... (turning 60 soon... figure I earned them)

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Look our age, peeps, and enjoy it. Nothing wrong with keeping the body fit, but don't wear teen or college clothes, enjoy the grand kids, and love what hair we have left.:buddies:

acommondisaster

Look our age, peeps, and enjoy it. Nothing wrong with keeping the body fit, but don't wear teen or college clothes, enjoy the grand kids, and love what hair we have left.:buddies:

It's hard to think about going completely gray when I'm competing with people in their 20's for my job. I know I don't look 20, or even 30 - but I feel like going completely gray would be a disadvantage for me, reminding my employer and potential next contract lead that I'm quite a bit older.

ZARA

Hell no. I don't dress like a teenager because that just isn't sexy or appealing, but when I say I am not ready to look my age, it means I am not ready to let the grey hair run rampant like wild fire, I am not ready for the wrinkles, saggy boobs, saggy ass, etc...I still look like I am in my 20's-early 30's and I am almost 40. When my son and I go out together, people think I am his girlfriend or sister and are shocked when they learn I am his mom...I am not ready to give that up yet.

I am not ready to look my age.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I am 54 and have never colored my hair. Ever. I have always liked the color (auburn) and think it is pretty healthy looking (although l am currently in need of a trim).
Grey is moving in now and I doubt I will ever color it. Don't need the expense & chemicals plus I like the *natural* look.

ZARA

I am 54 and have never colored my hair. Ever. I have always liked the color (auburn) and think it is pretty healthy looking (although l am currently in need of a trim).
Grey is moving in now and I doubt I will ever color it. Don't need the expense & chemicals plus I like the *natural* look.

Yah.. well...
1. You do not look 54.
2. Your grey isn't noticeable.
3. I have 10x the grey you do...I am jealous...

:killingme

Roman

Hell no. I don't dress like a teenager because that just isn't sexy or appealing, but when I say I am not ready to look my age, it means I am not ready to let the grey hair run rampant like wild fire, I am not ready for the wrinkles, saggy boobs, saggy ass, etc...I still look like I am in my 20's-early 30's and I am almost 40. When my son and I go out together, people think I am his girlfriend or sister and are shocked when they learn I am his mom...I am not ready to give that up yet.

I am not ready to look my age.
I definitely understand someone your age NOT wanting to let the Silver take over. If I had grey at your age, I would still be covering it. Once you're in your late 40's, it's time to retire Miss Clairol, and let Mother Nature have the job!

frequentflier

happy to be living
I definitely understand someone your age NOT wanting to let the Silver take over. If I had grey at your age, I would still be covering it. Once you're in your late 40's, it's time to retire Miss Clairol, and let Mother Nature have the job!

Roman, I LOVE your hair!

sockgirl77

That's a matter of opinion. My mothers, both 56 will never let themselves go gray. Neither will I.