Single Parents and Dating...

Would you date a single parent of three?

• Yes, I would get into a serious relationship with one.

Votes: 22 36.1%
  • No, I would stay far away from that.

Votes: 25 41.0%
  • I would hit it and quit it.

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smoothmarine187

Honestly, it would depend on the form of discipline. It would depend on if it was something that I agreed that they needed to be disciplined for.

I could see alot of fighting going on when I put your kids on their face and made them push or invisible chaired them :lol:

smilin

BOXER NATION
Well...yes. A single Mom of three should have better things to do than get involved in another relationship. Frankly, SHE should be the one who just wants to hit and run.

I think you've used your Philosophy class to good use again! Most who get into a serious relationship want to be the center of the other person's attention.
There is no way that will happen with kids - if you are a serious parent. The center of your life will be the kids, and everything else will be hit and run. If you can deal with that, then maybe you might be happy.

sockgirl77

I think you've used your Philosophy class to good use again! Most who get into a serious relationship want to be the center of the other person's attention.
There is no way that will happen with kids - if you are a serious parent. The center of your life will be the kids, and everything else will be hit and run. If you can deal with that, then maybe you might be happy.

So, you cannot be in a relationship and still keep your kids the center of attention? :confused:

lovinmaryland

So, you cannot be in a relationship and still keep your kids the center of attention? :confused:

I think what they are saying is, the person you would be dating would want to be the center of your attention... and being a mother your kids would be ther center of your attention. So in their opinion it wouldnt work.

I would date a single father but I am a single parent myself so I guess my opinion doesnt count :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Phuck it. Guess I am destined to die an old maid.

Oh for ####'s sake! You just had a baby, so obviously you're not an old maid.

You're too wrapped up in guys. You should consider going on relationship hiatus and just concentrating on yourself and your children for awhile. You'll be surprised how much calmer life is when you don't have to deal with some guy and his demands.

lovinmaryland

HE will come one day :huggy:

:yeahthat:

You have to have the it will happen attitude...the "I will find a decent hardworking respectable guy who will love me and my kids 100%"

Sure some guys are not interested in dating single mothers but there are a lot of guys who are :huggy:

sockgirl77

I thought this was "hypothetical" and "not about you".

It is. I am not dating. Nor do I plan to in the near future. But, it is nice to get some answers before I decide to put myself out there with the sharks. Eventually, I'll have to get my itch scratched and whatnot.

:confused: I thought your world was all straightened out? If not, as I said, relationships can happen. It just has to be the right person.

My world is straightened out. I live on my own planet now.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Phuck it. Guess I am destined to die an old maid. :ohwell:

Actually, it should be all about your children and giving them stability. An occasional dinner date or movie/whatever isn't bad but I wouldn't involve the children in any of the relationship drama until you are fairly certain the guy is going to be around for some time. Guys wandering in and out of your children's lives is wrong, IMO.

smilin

BOXER NATION
No. Guys don't go for that crap, no matter how much they insist that they do.

Since I have kids and I'm a single parent I don't see it from women either.
The phrase of the day is : No drama/history please!
Women are not immune desiring to be the center of opinion, no matter how much they insist that they do (sorry, I couldn't resist).

:buddies:

BTW- Thanks for clarifying my thinking as I'm still recovering from the Christmas break.