Single Parents and Dating...

Would you date a single parent of three?

• Yes, I would get into a serious relationship with one.

Votes: 22 36.1%
  • No, I would stay far away from that.

Votes: 25 41.0%
  • I would hit it and quit it.

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sockgirl77

Oh for ####'s sake! You just had a baby, so obviously you're not an old maid.

You're too wrapped up in guys. You should consider going on relationship hiatus and just concentrating on yourself and your children for awhile. You'll be surprised how much calmer life is when you don't have to deal with some guy and his demands.

Again, this thread was not about me. I was just curious to see how everyone else felt about the subject. My kids are my ONLY priority right now. I've taken myself and my needs completly out of my life's equation.

sockgirl77

Actually, it should be all about your children and giving them stability. An occasional dinner date or movie/whatever isn't bad but I wouldn't involve the children in any of the relationship drama until you are fairly certain the guy is going to be around for some time. Guys wandering in and out of your children's lives is wrong, IMO.

I agree.

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
Again, this thread was not about me. I was just curious to see how everyone else felt about the subject. My kids are my ONLY priority right now. I've taken myself and my needs completly out of my life's equation.

Well I would like to take you out to dinner and a movie if you would want to go.

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
I've never had problems finding dates when I had the time. But I have noticed that having a child made me become faster at ditching the igets. Part of that is because I just don't have time to deal with drama for drama's sake, and partly because someone who would be seriously involved in my life would also be involved in my daughter's life. I've always felt I was better off alone than in a bad relationship anyway. I'll still be young when she's grown (turns 18 when I'm 40) and its not as if I'm hearing my biological clock go tic tock.

yankee44

What is harder is to find a single woman who will step in to a ready made family.

I did however and we are deepley in love and now have one of our own togather to make a total of 3

M

missperky

:yeahthat:

You have to have the it will happen attitude...the "I will find a decent hardworking respectable guy who will love me and my kids 100%"

Sure some guys are not interested in dating single mothers but there are a lot of guys who are :huggy:

:yeahthat: There are some out there.

Just be patient and don't rush anything.