Skins/Saints game tread...

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I just tuned in on ESPN, about 5 minutes ago, and they did a full review of the Redskins/Saints contest.

ESPN was NOT kind, in their recounting of that game. They centered on Sellers and Suisham as the primary culprits, leading to the loss.

I then saw a poll, asking which of the Redskin losses was the worst of their 2009 season, so far.

I kind of figured it would have been the loss to the Detroit Lions, but the poll said no, it was the loss to the Saints.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I just tuned in on ESPN, about 5 minutes ago, and they did a full review of the Redskins/Saints contest.

ESPN was NOT kind, in their recounting of that game. They centered on Sellers and Suisham as the primary culprits, leading to the loss.

I then saw a poll, asking which of the Redskin losses was the worst of their 2009 season, so far.

I kind of figured it would have been the loss to the Detroit Lions, but the poll said no, it was the loss to the Saints.

Odd..most "reporting" has been that the Skins played their best game of the year.

LordStanley

I know nothing
Skins dumped Suisham today and signed Gano?? Typical lil danny tantrum.

Considering he was the only consistant offensive player for the better part of this season, its pretty crappy to dump him when the rest of the team finally shows up to play football!!!!

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Odd..most "reporting" has been that the Skins played their best game of the year.

Yes, I heard that too, but go to ESPN.com and check out the poll results.

See for youself....I didn't agree with it either. The 'Skins did put forth one heck of an effort. Two or three plays in the 4th quarter, are what did them in.

Other than that, they were awesome.

PS: ESPN just now said that Suisham has been released..........

OldHillcrestGuy

74 of the 200 points scored by the Skins were from Suisham. Nice move Danny.

I feel abit sorry for Suisham he's 18 of 21 for the season and he was their main offensive weapon the first 6 games or so. He did cost them the Dallas and Saint games but alot of other things played into losing against the Saints, Landry getting burned twice, that short punt that hit the Skins player in the back, ball being stripped after the interception, Sellers fumble. With only 4 games remaining in the season I would have kept him, another team will proably pick him up within a week. Now I guess the Skins will have a merry go round of kickers come and go. Where's local boy Jess Atkinson from Crossland and Maryland.

thurley42

HY;FR

I feel abit sorry for Suisham he's 18 of 21 for the season and he was their main offensive weapon the first 6 games or so. He did cost them the Dallas and Saint games but alot of other things played into losing against the Saints, Landry getting burned twice, that short punt that hit the Skins player in the back, ball being stripped after the interception, Sellers fumble. With only 4 games remaining in the season I would have kept him, another team will proably pick him up within a week. Now I guess the Skins will have a merry go round of kickers come and go. Where's local boy Jess Atkinson from Crossland and Maryland.

14 of those points were Landry's fault.....3 of those points were Suisham fault you do the math. Landry must go also!!!!

:yeahthat:

from a completely unbiased person...

completely misguided reaction...

LordStanley

I know nothing

14 of those points were Landry's fault.....3 of those points were Suisham fault you do the math. Landry must go also!!!!

this song comes to mind YouTube - The Lonesome Kicker Adam Sandler

Peter Forsberg

maybe they think that the fans are idiots and by doing this they are appeasing them for the loss?

I don't know....I don't get too deep into it..I can't understand the mess that is the Browns...so I sure as hell won't waste my time trying to figure out the Skins problems...
Next season Suisham will kicking for them again and Landry will still be getting beat on the double move.

OldHillcrestGuy

Now its reported Portis is put in IR, so he is gone for the rest of the season. In my many, many years of following the Skins I can never recall as so many players that ended up on IR in one season. Several are key players.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo

Washington Redskins Statistics - NFL Football - ESPN

6 missed points cost two games, this after coming off a season where he was the worst kicker in the league. (Just a little something else to add to the pot.)

At least sit his azz like they did with Rogers. Well there will be a new secondary coach next year, maybe he can teach them how to defend the double move. :shrug: Oh yeas it definitely has to be the coaching in this case. To have two *STARTERS* getting beat consistently on a double move...

LordStanley

I know nothing
6 missed points cost two games, this after coming off a season where he was the worst kicker in the league. (Just a little something else to add to the pot.)

At least sit his azz like they did with Rogers. Well there will be a new secondary coach next year, maybe he can teach them how to defend the double move. :shrug: Oh yeas it definitely has to be the coaching in this case. To have two *STARTERS* getting beat consistently on a double move...

Wait... What about all the other games when the offense wasnt producing. Why do they all still have a job??? You cant make the only player on your team this season that has the most points, the escape goat for another failed season.

But what ever. Im not even a skins fan, so this is just me looking from the outside in.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Wait... What about all the other games when the offense wasnt producing. Why do they all still have a job??? You cant make the only player on your team this season that has the most points, the escape goat for another failed season.

But what ever. Im not even a skins fan, so this is just me looking from the outside in.
Who cares, he's a kicker.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

Escape goat? :otter: