Slowpaw

RPMDAD

Thanks RPM. Hope all is well on your end. Check it out. Lilly's next to me and Darla makes an appearence at the very end. Another Lazy Day - Cigar Box Guitar - YouTube

Also have this old build that I converted to a dulcimer. Dulci-Pimped Cigar Box Guitar - YouTube

Started a few more yesterday for Christmas presents.

wharf rat, things are going good here. Glad to hear that you are feeling better.
Son has informed me he wants to build a diddley bo. I turned him onto this link and it sparked his interest. The guy in the video is a historian and a hell of a good blues musician and singer. Sonster wants to do this over Thanksgiving break from school, sounds like it should be fun. Towards the end of this video, the guy also does some playing on a 3 string CBG. His name is Scott Ainslie.

Scott Ainslie plays cigar box guitar at the Ships of the Sea Museum - YouTube

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
wharf rat, things are going good here. Glad to hear that you are feeling better.
Son has informed me he wants to build a diddley bo. I turned him onto this link and it sparked his interest. The guy in the video is a historian and a hell of a good blues musician and singer. Sonster wants to do this over Thanksgiving break from school, sounds like it should be fun. Towards the end of this video, the guy also does some playing on a 3 string CBG. His name is Scott Ainslie.

Scott Ainslie plays cigar box guitar at the Ships of the Sea Museum - YouTube

Sweet!! Mr. Ainslie sounds pretty cool. Bo's are so much fun and really straight forward to build.
I have those same two boxes if sonster wants them. Up to my knees in boxes of all sorts. Have the black one without the red "New Size" on it too. Trimmed with gold hardware they usually look and sound really good.
Let me know.

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
Cigar box dulcimer #3.
25 inch scale, red oak neck/heel, poplar fretboard, internal piezo pickup with gold trimmings.

Attachments

• DSCF0078.jpg
    DSCF0078.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 272
  • DSCF0085.jpg
    DSCF0085.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 320
  • DSCF0086.JPG
    DSCF0086.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 320

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
Dulcimer #4 and a simple/stressed acoustic 3 string.

Attachments

• DSCF0099.jpg
    DSCF0099.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 320
  • DSCF0102.jpg
    DSCF0102.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 299
  • DSCF0097.jpg
    DSCF0097.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 317
  • DSCF0091.jpg
    DSCF0091.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 306
  • DSCF0087.jpg
    DSCF0087.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 253

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
wharf rat, as always beautiful work sir, they all look great. Good Job

Thank you sir. Actually received this box from frequentflier. It was a little prettier before I got a hold of it.

Time to start playing again.

Attachments

• DSCF0008.jpg
    DSCF0008.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 262

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
Installed an Elmar Flat Pickup on my Jack tin build today.

Attachments

• DSCF0033.jpg
    DSCF0033.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 253
  • DSCF0034.jpg
    DSCF0034.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 244
  • DSCF0038.jpg
    DSCF0038.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 223

RPMDAD

wharf rat, love the sound of your music, great video. Like the sound of your slide, wish i could play half as good as you do.

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
RPM- Trust me, if I can do it anyone can. Thanks for the kind words.

Flier- Thank you much. Sorry I haven't been very social at the store lately. Don't think I need to explain.

huntr1- Glad you liked it. Yes, I do.

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
Paul playing a 4 string cigar box guitar at the 12-12-12 show had me floored.
Guitar was built by Matty Baratto out of California. From what I understand, he had no idea Paul was going to use it.
Matty had a spike in orders today.

Attachments

• Paul with a CBG resonator..jpg
    Paul with a CBG resonator..jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 248

RPMDAD

I thought i noticed that too from another photo of PM from the side though, so i wasn't quite positive.

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
Can't say I was blown away with the sound of it all, but Paul seemed to be getting down with it in a comfortable way.

Johnny Depp gave the Reso-fiddle and amp to him as a gift.

Attachments

• Paul setup.jpg
    Paul setup.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 214