Small Cell Lung Cancer

cgwife

My MIL was just diagnosed with Small Cell Lung Cancer. She went to the Doc for a chest cold that would not go away and was diagnosed with this. She has been At Johns Hopkins Hospital since last Tuesday and they have since found a lesion on her liver. She will be having a biopsy today at 3:00. I know, from the research I have been doing, that the prognosis is very poor. Has anyone out there had any dealings with this type of cancer? My Husband and I are looking for any positives. This was such a shock to us and so unxpected. Please say a little prayer for her today. Thank you!

belvak

Happy Camper
:huggy: No experience with this, but I'm saying a little prayer for your MIL, you, and your Hubby!!!

kerriellen

Ditto to what belvak said. My Mom just had open heart surgery and I know how scary things can get so quickly. Its good that your MIL is at a good hospital. My prayers to your family.

cgwife

Ditto to what belvak said. My Mom just had open heart surgery and I know how scary things can get so quickly. Its good that your MIL is at a good hospital. My prayers to your family.

Thank you so much. I hope your Mom is doing ok. I will be praying her as well.

High-Def

My MIL was just diagnosed with Small Cell Lung Cancer. She went to the Doc for a chest cold that would not go away and was diagnosed with this. She has been At Johns Hopkins Hospital since last Tuesday and they have since found a lesion on her liver. She will be having a biopsy today at 3:00. I know, from the research I have been doing, that the prognosis is very poor. Has anyone out there had any dealings with this type of cancer? My Husband and I are looking for any positives. This was such a shock to us and so unxpected. Please say a little prayer for her today. Thank you!

My mom survived stage III A lung cancer a year ago there is hope. Just be as positive as you can and hang in there. She did very aggressive chemo and radiation and is now cancer free :yahoo:

cgwife

My mom survived stage III A lung cancer a year ago there is hope. Just be as positive as you can and hang in there. She did very aggressive chemo and radiation and is now cancer free :yahoo:

WOW.....how inspiring! Thank you so much for the positive info. So happy for your mom and family

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I am 3 year in remission for Stage 3, Type B, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. So, i can relate to your concerns. I too go to Hopkins and there isn't a better place to go in my eyes. For the last 25+ years have been the number 1 rated overall hospital in the U.S. and are number 3 for Cancer research. That alone gives me hope and confidence everytime i go up there. Not trying to put my business out there, just wanted you to know that you are not alone. I will pray for you and your family now and forever.

cgwife

I am 3 year in remission for Stage 3, Type B, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. So, i can relate to your concerns. I too go to Hopkins and there isn't a better place to go in my eyes. For the last 25+ years have been the number 1 rated overall hospital in the U.S. and are number 3 for Cancer research. That alone gives me hope and confidence everytime i go up there. Not trying to put my business out there, just wanted you to know that you are not alone. I will pray for you and your family now and forever.

Another GREAT inspiring story. I agree that Hopkins is the BEST place she can be. She lives in Colonial Beach, Va and her Doctor demanded she go to Hopkins. From all my research, with the type of cancer she has been diagnosed with, the prognosis is 2-6 weeks with no treatment and a max of 10 months with treatment. We will know more after the biopsies today, however, we are putting EVERYTHING we have into praying and fighting. We will not give up. Thanks again for praying and CONGRATS to you!

gsxr2005

My mother has this cancer and we just found out about a month ago ..

She started out with ammonia ( Spelling ) in her left lung, then they did a chest scan or what not and found a large area in there that looked bad. They ran some test and it came back to be Small Cell Lung Cancer .

She was in Georgetown Universty Hospital for a week while they did alot of test and started Chemo . There are 2 so called stages to this , 1st is limited and 2nd is exstensive . She has the 2nd one , it spread to her stomach.

She undergoes chemo every 3 weeks for 3 days in a row.

Doctors have said she has about a year of life left . But we can never be so sure . She has some really good doctors . Contact me 240 538 8875 Names John . If there is any more information I can gather I will let you know or email jms2894@gmail.com

cgwife

We just received some really bad news. Biopsy showed Stage 4. It is also in her liver and lymph nodes. Please continue to pray for us as we are not giving up and are going to fight with everything we have.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
We just received some really bad news. Biopsy showed Stage 4. It is also in her liver and lymph nodes. Please continue to pray for us as we are not giving up and are going to fight with everything we have.

I feel what you are going and about to go through. The best thing you can do for her is try to make her comfortable and let her know she is loved. I went through small cell cancer with my brother recently and it was not easy; I am not trying to be a downer for you but for us, the worst part was watching it unfold. Be strong and I will pray for your family. God Bless

C

CalvertNewbie

Sorry for the bad news. Although I've not dealt specifically with this type of cancer, I've watched both my parents and a couple of close friends battle cancer. It's the hardest thing to deal with because you feel helpless.

I'll be thinking of your family during this difficult time.

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv

this is exactly the type of cancer I lost my mom to 15 years ago. In the hospital for "pneumonia" in September, diagnosed in October (by then it had metastasized to her liver, kidneys and who knows where else). She was in and out of the hospital (Roanoke) for the next 2 months. I brought her home with me for her final 6 weeks in January. She passed in February. Absolutely the roughest most devastating time of my life.

And yes, she did chemo and radiation. All that did was ruin her quality of life. I am so sorry your having to go through this.

doggieluver

There is Hope CGWife! I was diagnosed a yr ago and went thru intensive radiation, chemo and cancer drugs. They told me then that I had three mos. to get my end of life affairs straight. I'm still here. I won't kid you and say that it was easy or that the side effects were easy to deal with, but..a lot of love, family and friends giving me hope and saying a lot of prayers. Just be there for your MIL., and take it one day at a time. She will need strong hearts to lean on.
You are in my prayers