small gas roto tiller

glhs837

Power with Control
Before you do that though, I recommend getting some of the expensive fuel in Lowes or WalMart.

Pricey, but if you are not using it that often, pays for itself. Good in the can or fuel tank for quite a while.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Before you do that though, I recommend getting some of the expensive fuel in Lowes or WalMart.

Pricey, but if you are not using it that often, pays for itself. Good in the can or fuel tank for quite a while.
The above.

To answer the original question:
Elter's in Huntingtown if you're in Calvert

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I take it you have no desire to work on it yourself, But if you are so inclined, this person has how-to on many of these small 2-strokes.

phreddyp

STA-BIL works just fine if you remember to run the machines carb dry. That is what we used in my fleet's generators, Honda engines run dry NEVER had a problem.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I still do not have my vintage Troy-Bilt Cultivator Plus running. That little 3HP Tecumseh engine electrical system is kicking my ass. Replaced everything and still no spark. Even has Gilligan scratching the few remaining hairs on his head. :lol:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

I still do not have my vintage Troy-Bilt Cultivator Plus running. That little 3HP Tecumseh engine electrical system is kicking my ass. Replaced everything and still no spark. Even has Gilligan scratching the few remaining hairs on his head. :lol:

Something shorting it to ground? Or possibly, a bad brand new spark plug?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
👍 Don't those tillers have a kill switch? Might be where the short is.

As to bad spark plug, just put any known good plug in and pull the cord/crank it. If you don't get a spark the problem is elsewhere.

stgislander

PREMO Member
For your consideration ...

👍 Don't those tillers have a kill switch? Might be where the short is.

As to bad spark plug, just put any known good plug in and pull the cord/crank it. If you don't get a spark the problem is elsewhere.
Installed new coil. No joy.
Installed new point and condenser. No joy.
Tried multiple spark plugs. No joy.
Removed the kill switch from the circuit. No joy.
Double checked the gap between the magnet in the flywheel and the coil armature. No joy.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Installed new coil. No joy.
Installed new point and condenser. No joy.
Tried multiple spark plugs. No joy.
Removed the kill switch from the circuit. No joy.
Double checked the gap between the magnet in the flywheel and the coil armature. No joy.
Got a model number and year - I've got lots of hair.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Double checked the gap between the magnet in the flywheel and the coil armature.
Look at the coil carefully for dings, arc marks, etc.. Measure the resistance of the coil, should be a couple of ohms. Also check the coil to the frame for shorts.

Rare, but check the flywheel keyway. If it's far enough out of time, you might not get a spark.

KingFish

Nothing to see here
I take it you have no desire to work on it yourself,
Achtung Alles Lookenskepers!
Das machine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und
mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk,
blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht
fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken
sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets
muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten. :cheers:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Achtung Alles Lookenskepers!
Das machine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und
mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk,
blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht
fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken
sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets
muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten. :cheers:
:lol: Somewhere, and I have no idea where anymore, I have that in sign form. It's been my mantra for a very long time.

black dog

Free America
Have you unplugged the on off switch wire on the coil and then check for spark?
I'm not talking about the coil to block ground wire if it has that wire.
Without that wire you've eliminated everything but the coil.
Have you replaced the coil? If so is the gap correct between the coil and the flywheel magnets?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Have you unplugged the on off switch wire on the coil and then check for spark?
I'm not talking about the coil to block ground wire if it has that wire.
Without that wire you've eliminated everything but the coil.
Have you replaced the coil? If so is the gap correct between the coil and the flywheel magnets?
yup, yup and yup.