small gas roto tiller

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
@stgislander Well looks like you've covered about everything. The only things I can think of are if the spring for the points is somehow making contact with the case or the insulation for mounting the points is no longer keeping them isolated or there is a wire somewhere shorting out.

stgislander

PREMO Member
@stgislander Well looks like you've covered about everything. The only things I can think of are if the spring for the points is somehow making contact with the case or the insulation for mounting the points is no longer keeping them isolated or there is a wire somewhere shorting out.
I will check that again.

phreddyp

One more have you taken the boot off the coil wire to see if it is actually connected to the spark plug connector ?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Did all of that....except for spinning it with a drill. Spinning it over by hand should produce plenty of spark but produces absolutely none. New coil, properly air gapped, and new points.

Defective kill switch possibility? There's only a small number of things that could stop it from sparking. Since you've shot the parts cannon at it, it'll have to be something extremely simple.