Smokers to pay for public health insurance in Maryland?

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
willie said:
I just picked up, for a friend, 3 cartons of Viceroys at JB's in N.C. for $74. Is that cheap?? It sounds outrageous to me. $74 for three lousy cartons sounds like a big incentive to quit. A better investment would have been 115 Miller Lites.
Cartons in Nc where my family is from are about $25 each.

There about $40 here

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Somdmommy said:
I wish I could!!

There is a guy down here that walks up and down 5 every day. I hear he has lost like 60 lbs so far. He is still overweight but hes doing something about it.

When I see people in the store buyin carts full of s%it, I just wanna stop and ask them if they know they are obese!

Actually, I've sorta done it in the past. Had a fat guy once tell me smoking is bad for me. I told him so was the pound of butter he had for breakfast.

dck4shrt

Somdmommy said:
People need to learn how to live.

Walk to the mail box, dont wait till you drive by it. Walk the dog. Dont eat fast food!!!

The reason people are this way is becase each generation gets more lazy. They dont see their parents going outside and walking for no reason, so why would they. They dont see their parents eating anything but junk and fast food meals, so why would they eat good food.

You want to tell people how to live their lives in regards to obesity but you will turn a blind eye to someone telling you about the health issues surrounding cigarettes?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Somdmommy said:
When I see people in the store buyin carts full of s%it, I just wanna stop and ask them if they know they are obese!
I have that same reaction at the AYCE buffet. These GIGANTIC people with plate after plate piled high.

Makes me puke just to watch it. :dead:

Geek

Somdmommy said:
I wish I could!!

There is a guy down here that walks up and down 5 every day. I hear he has lost like 60 lbs so far. He is still overweight but hes doing something about it.

A smoker busting on other people about their health :killingme That almost made me wet my pants. And you are running in place with your rock hard abs as you post your 16 plus posts everyday here?

Somdmommy

elaine said:
Actually, I've sorta done it in the past. Had a fat guy once tell me smoking is bad for me. I told him so was the pound of butter he had for breakfast.
:killingme:

Oh man.....Thats the way to do it though. Everyone has something to say to us about smoking, but its okay for them to be 300 lbs+ and we cant say anything to them!!

"Excuse me miss, but that Big Mac meal is bad for you"

Somdmommy

Dear Geek and dck4shrt:

Yes I smoke!!! I do take my son outside EVERYDAY!!! I cook REAL meals everynight.

I just asked why I cant tell a overweight person to stop double fisting a cupcake, when EVERYONE can tell me that smoking is bad for me!!!!!

mAlice

professional daydreamer
vraiblonde said:
I have that same reaction at the AYCE buffet. These GIGANTIC people with plate after plate piled high.

Makes me puke just to watch it. :dead:

If the sign says "ALL YOU CAN EAT", it must be a challenge.

ylexot

Super Genius
Somdmommy said:
I just asked why I cant tell a overweight person to stop double fisting a cupcake, when EVERYONE can tell me that smoking is bad for me!!!!!
It appears that the irony was lost on them...

mAlice

professional daydreamer
dck4shrt said:
You want to tell people how to live their lives in regards to obesity but you will turn a blind eye to someone telling you about the health issues surrounding cigarettes?

What I really prefer is for everyone to mind their own effin' business.

Geek

vraiblonde said:
Much like a big fat person busting on a smoker for their health.

Ha ha.

Someone else's fat ass will not give me cancer. My mother's smoking might give me cancer.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Geek said:
Someone else's fat ass will not give me cancer. My mother's smoking might give me cancer.

Breathing might give you cancer, too. May I recommend a plastic bubble?

Somdmommy

I may smoke, But i'm respectful about it. I dont make people watch it.

Overweight people dont care that a room full of people can see them eating enough food to feed all of those kids on the Save the Children Ads.

If I can no longer smoke in public, then they should not be allowed to eat in public.

Somdmommy

Geek said:
Someones fat ass might make me sick though..... oh but that doesnt matter becuase they cant help it!!!

Geek

Somdmommy said:
I may smoke, But i'm respectful about it. I dont make people watch it.

Overweight people dont care that a room full of people can see them eating enough food to feed all of those kids on the Save the Children Ads.

If I can no longer smoke in public, then they should not be allowed to eat in public.

Are you respectful of your son? Do you avoid smoking in the house? I don't smoke, get plenty of excersice, eat right.