Smoking...

Do You Smoke?

• Total voters

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
cattitude said:
Could I send Otter to your camp?
Ooh, yes, please! Tell him to bring scissors and a pair of pantyhose to make his uniform. I'll furnish everything else.

K_Jo said:
Ooh, yes, please! Tell him to bring scissors and a pair of pantyhose to make his uniform. I'll furnish everything else.
And we thought the band camp stories were interesting...:popcorn:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I smoked for 37 years and enjoyed it immensely. I quit about 3 years ago. After the doctors removed a cancerous tumor from my body, the family wouldn't take "no" for an answer and I was forced to close the barn door after the horse was gone. Now I don't smoke because of my beliefs.

The cancer's apparently coming back now, or at least trying to, but I feel a lot better. Doesn't matter - it's too expensive to go back to smoking nowadays.

D

dems4me

teverheart2002 said:
Non-smoker, it is an extreme ashma trigger for me. :dead:

They make inhalers... just take turns on which every one you want to inhale on... :lol:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
BuddyLee said:
I don't smoke but my parents do so you might as well say I smoke.
Yup, and that's one thing I wish I could go back and undo about my life. Subjecting the kids to it was WAY WRONG.

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
You know, it's funny. I came into this thread getting ready to argue the point of "free choice" and say that everyone pollutes the air somehow or another (car, heating oil, etc.). Yeah, I smoke. I hate when people lecture me on it.

But then I read this whole thread and it started me thinking. I've quit a couple of times, both for over a year. Somehow I always end up going back. I'm thinking I'll try the Zyban thing. I don't smoke in the house - ever - and my friends say they can't smell it on me - but I do feel like crap sometimes and I always have the thought that it's the cigarettes.

I think I'm gonna call my doctor now and get an appointment to get the Zyban.

SamSpade

Steve said:
I think the whole smoking thing is way over-hyped by the media though. We all do plenty of things that are not good for us, like drinking alcohol, eating fast food, not enough sleep, very little exercise, over-medicated, under-relaxed. When I was a kid (70's), almost 60% of Americans smoked at least occassionally. I'm not defending smoking, but we slowly kill ourselves with a plethora of things, but smoking is singled out as the scapegoat for all of our ills. And all the sheeple buy into it.
Strange - I guess you'd have to be a smoker to feel that way. When I was overweight, it seemed to me that the news and media seemed intensely focussed on obesity as the primary killer in the United States - so things like the other items you mentioned - not enough sleep, eating fast food, not enough exercise - to MY ear *WERE* being drummed into me as a scapegoat of evil.

I suppose if anyone has a particular vice, it'll likely seem like it gets piled on. Not being a smoker myself, I hardly ever have issues having anything to do with smoking, because I work in a smoke-free place, and since I don't smoke, I never have to deal with anything where I can or can't smoke. It's just not an issue to me, unless someone wants to light up in my car or house (and, most smokers I know that do are very polite about it).

So, bottom line, I don't agree - I think it is the perspective of a smoker that it gets singled out, because to a smoker, it matters. I don't see it.

Vince

Quit over 10 years ago. Hardest and best thing I ever did. Cancer runs in my family. Killed my mother. So I'm not taking any chances with cigarettes. Besides, at $4.00 a pack :yikes: that's a bunch of money.

EqVetNTraining

Blackfeather
Hello Everyone,
I'm new to the forum. I wanted to post my smoking story. I just recently quit smoking, the 8th of September to be exact. I was smoking a pack a day for the past 11 years and the way I did it (I know everyone is different) I smoked 3 total on the 6th, then 1 at 9pm on the 7th and none on the 8th and haven't had one since, what I found that worked for me was I kept a pack of cigarettes within reach. I carried a pack in my truck and what made me realize I needed to carry a pack was I left one moring for work and left the pack at home "thinking I could" I got to work and I needed a smoke really REALLY bad, plus I forgot my keys for work so I had to go back home anyway, I got my keys and the pack of cigarettes, threw them in the truck and within 10 minutes I didn't want a cigarette, so that told me that when I didn't have any is when I wanted one, as long as I knew I could get one at any time, I didn't want one, BUT I'v had 2 different dreams and in these dreams I light up a smoke, then I woke up and I felt awfull because I felt like I broke down and actually did light one up, soooo to get rid of the temptation I tossed the pack from my truck and it didn't bother me at all and I have NO desire for a smoke. Im really hoping I wont ever go back to that again..........

EqVetNTraining said:
Hello Everyone,
I'm new to the forum. I wanted to post my smoking story. I just recently quit smoking, the 8th of September to be exact. I was smoking a pack a day for the past 11 years and the way I did it (I know everyone is different) I smoked 3 total on the 6th, then 1 at 9pm on the 7th and none on the 8th and haven't had one since, what I found that worked for me was I kept a pack of cigarettes within reach. I carried a pack in my truck and what made me realize I needed to carry a pack was I left one moring for work and left the pack at home "thinking I could" I got to work and I needed a smoke really REALLY bad, plus I forgot my keys for work so I had to go back home anyway, I got my keys and the pack of cigarettes, threw them in the truck and within 10 minutes I didn't want a cigarette, so that told me that when I didn't have any is when I wanted one, as long as I knew I could get one at any time, I didn't want one, BUT I'v had 2 different dreams and in these dreams I light up a smoke, then I woke up and I felt awfull because I felt like I broke down and actually did light one up, soooo to get rid of the temptation I tossed the pack from my truck and it didn't bother me at all and I have NO desire for a smoke. Im really hoping I wont ever go back to that again..........

So, bottom line is you are saying if I throw :gossip: in the trunk I won't want him no more...:confused: