Smoking...

Do You Smoke?

• Total voters

Steve

Enjoying life!
Christy said:
I have zero desire for cigarettes anymore, but will smoke the hell out of a good cigar. :wink:
I have offered cigar smokers cigarettes when they've run out and they didn't want any. I guess its what one enjoys really.

Steve

Enjoying life!
BuddyLee said:
I don't see smokers extracting anything from an individual cigarette besides nicotine and cancer.
So don't ever smoke. That way you'll never understand. :yay:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Christy said:
You'll quit when you quit. :shrug: I didn't expect to quit really, I was just appeasing my doctor by pretending to want to quit and he gave me a prescription for Zyban. :lol:

Zyban sucks and made me all weird, but it worked. :yay: BUT, I think it worked because I didn't have myself all spun up fretting quitting, because I really wasn't going to quit, just go through the motions. I think the combination of the Zyban and not getting myself all spun up about not smoking was the magic combination. :shrug:

I have zero desire for cigarettes anymore, but will smoke the hell out of a good cigar. :wink:
I'm asking for Zyban. How does it make you wierd? I definitely don't need wierd.

StarCat

crabcake said:
When I tried to quit a year ago or so, I found munching on sunflower seeds (in the shells) really curbed my desire to smoke. :yay: I think it's that 'oral fixation' thing that I'm more addicted to vs. the supposed nicotine high/addiction.
Thats kinda how mine is, but i gotta keep my hand and mouth busy. It's also a boredom thing, if i sit here on the computer for a few hours, and im occupied, i dont even think about cigarettes.

I need a support group.

Steve

Enjoying life!
BuddyLee said:
This is quite possibly one of the very few things that is not worth understanding.
And I'll admit that you are right. So don't ever start. All I'm saying is that smoking is just one more vice that people choose for whatever reasons. But I get pissed when people judge offhand, just because they sheepishly hear some factoid and choose to believe it. Smoking sucks and is enjoyable, for me, both at the same time. My choice, my thing to deal with.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Steve said:
And I'll admit that you are right. So don't ever start. All I'm saying is that smoking is just one more vice that people choose for whatever reasons. But I get pissed when people judge offhand, just because they sheepishly hear some factoid and choose to believe it. Smoking sucks and is enjoyable, for me, both at the same time. My choice, my thing to deal with.
And I totally agree 100% with everything you just said. I don't mind people smoking (Darwinism) so long as it doesn't effect me. There's an endless supply of bad things out in the world, smoking is just one and when that subject is brought forth I will bring forth my opinion.

Steve

Enjoying life!
BuddyLee said:
And I totally agree 100% with everything you just said. I don't mind people smoking (Darwinism) so long as it doesn't effect me. There's an endless supply of bad things out in the world, smoking is just one and when that subject is brought forth I will bring forth my opinion.
Quick question. That night at Rendevous, the air was so thick with smoke you could cut it. It bothered me, and I smoke.

Did it bother you non-smokers?

BuddyLee

Football addict
Steve said:
Quick question. That night at Rendevous, the air was so thick with smoke you could cut it. It bothered me, and I smoke.

Like I said, my parents smoke, I am immune to it in a sense. Can I take the smoke? Yes. Do I wish to take it? No.

Steve

Enjoying life!
BuddyLee said:
Like I said, my parents smoke, I am immune to it in a sense. Can I take the smoke? Yes. Do I wish to take it? No.
This is what I mean by second-hand smoke, though. Immune or not, the smoke that night didn't bother you (immune, you say) but it was driving me nuts, even as I was smoking. I had to go outside eventually.

Did you feel any ill effects the next day? Were your eyes burning that night? Mine were.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Steve said:
This is what I mean by second-hand smoke, though. Immune or not, the smoke that night didn't bother you (immune, you say) but it was driving me nuts, even as I was smoking. I had to go outside eventually.

Did you feel any ill effects the next day? Were your eyes burning that night? Mine were.
Honestly Steve, I think I was too drunk to know the difference.:lmao:

However, If I'm not in a shot-for-shot match-up on any given night I probably would be able to 'deal' with the smoke 'then' but I often worry for future's sake, if you know what I mean.

Christy

b*tch rocket
BS Gal said:
I'm asking for Zyban. How does it make you wierd? I definitely don't need wierd.
It does different things to different people. :shrug: The first few days I took it, I was very edgy and cranky, then it just made me feel blah. Not happy, not sad, not ticked off, just sort of blah. I could care less about anything, and it made me very anti-social. I really didn't like being around people. But it did flip a switch that made the thought of smoking disgust me. :shrug:

Steve

Enjoying life!
BuddyLee said:
Honestly Steve, I think I was too drunk to know the difference.:lmao:

However, If I'm not in a shot-for-shot match-up on any given night I probably would be able to 'deal' with the smoke 'then' but I often worry for future's sake, if you know what I mean.
So what you're saying is that the smoke wasn't bothering you because you were poisoning your liver with shot-for-shot competitions?

BuddyLee

Football addict
Steve said:
So what you're saying is that the smoke wasn't bothering you because you were poisoning your liver with shot-for-shot competitions?
One night of liquor doesn't poison the liver for life.:wink:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Nickel said:
:lol: My parents smoke too, but you'd never know it by going into their house. They either smoke outside or in the kitchen, blowing their smoke into the vent above the stove.
I do that also, better for my kid.
plus the pictures, walls and TV don't turn brown

StarCat

Steve said:

Alot of times, when i go to someones house, and everyone is smoking, my eyes burn and it sucks, usually have to make them open a door or window.