SMTR True Grit Ride

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
:howdy: What a great ride. We had 34 riders and we were majorily blessed with an awesome day. Thanks to Mingiz & Paso for hosting the ride :huggy: and a special thanks to the Crazy Critters 4H, Percy & TC for providing us with some yummy food after the ride.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
What A Fun Ride

Thanks to Mingiz, Paso, and Co. the ride yesterday was again a great success. With approx -30 riders, excellent food, and the sun shine to boot, it made for a fantastic day.

Thanks to MGH for re-routing a creek crossing that failed by mid-field. Everyone came home safe (Oh, except JH's knee:flowers: ...hope that tree didnt put too much a hurtin on ya, JH)

For you on-lookers that have never joined in on an Southern Maryland Trail Ride, I would like to express a warm welcome to join us for our March '07 ride. Look for detail to come in the future. SMTR trail rides are from 20-100 horses riding a marked (flaged) ride on public/private land. The rides can range from 6-12 miles over a variety of terrains at whatever pace/speed you decide. With experienced trail equestrians willing to help as needed, when possible.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Thanks Persimon and GH we (Mingiz and I..and my 2 hitchhikers) really enjoyed the ride..It was really nice...We really had a hard time at that stream and thought we had picked the best way through it...I still think it was the best way for us to cross...sorry it got bogged down more as riders went by...I stood in the water for while with no problems but I did NOT go on that sandbar..maybe that was the problem..Glad you were happy though...I hope our 1/2 was enough to cover our memberships next year..Mingiz and I both did not feel right taking clubs money...but we felt ok with a free membership for next yeat.. :lmao: thanks again it was a great ride..the the chili was da bomb.. :yay:

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
Pasofever said:
Thanks Persimon and GH we (Mingiz and I..and my 2 hitchhikers) really enjoyed the ride..It was really nice...We really had a hard time at that stream and thought we had picked the best way through it...I still think it was the best way for us to cross...sorry it got bogged down more as riders went by...I stood in the water for while with no problems but I did NOT go on that sandbar..maybe that was the problem..Glad you were happy though...I hope our 1/2 was enough to cover our memberships next year..Mingiz and I both did not feel right taking clubs money...but we felt ok with a free membership for next yeat.. :lmao: thanks again it was a great ride..the the chili was da bomb.. :yay:
You 2 were great. Believe me I know where you were coming from at the creek crossing. One thing I have learned is that it is best for some of us to ride mid-ride so that we can re-arrange things...creek crossings that fail after and good deal of riders pass through. The ride split would of been $110.00 for you 2...so after your memberships were deducted that left a $70.00 donation you made to SMTR. Thank you both from the SMTR board.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Poll: Do you like corn in chili?

[ ] NO, I would remove all the corn because I am "picky"
[ ] YES, I love chili con carne con corn
[ ] I prefer not to answer cause i would blow my MPD

mingiz

Horse Poor
Pasofever said:

:yeahthat: We did good for our first time.... :killingme :lmao: :razz: We'll have to make the park aware of the trees down at the crossing so they can clear it out. We don't want to see anyone hurt. A bridge would be better :yay: OH! And Paso is very good at tellin' ya were to put them ribbons..... :huggy:

mingiz

Horse Poor
persimmoncf said:
Poll: Do you like corn in chili?

[ ] NO, I would remove all the corn because I am "picky"
[ ] YES, I love chili con carne con corn
[ ] I prefer not to answer cause i would blow my MPD

Chili is good either way.... :huggy: Just keep the corn away from Paso's chili....Gives her more fire power :killingme :lmao:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
mingiz said:
: OH! And Paso is very good at tellin' ya were to put them ribbons..... :huggy:

I was just doin' my job...I had a better view then you...You had the ribbons..so I just told you what to do with them... :huggy:

Corn in the chili is fine..I dont think I "really" ate it I :gossip: out the corn later on... :huggy:

The :gossip: Made Giddyup and Mingiz :barf:

horsesrock93

Chevy Is Da BOMB!!!!
mingiz said:
Yea but GiddyUp made Paso :barf: over the stew :whistle: :killingme

What hapened ?? She didn't get sick from the stew..?? I had it the night TC made it so did little man and Frog and none of us got sick .... :razz:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I got chili ate all of it..what made me sick is when I went to try the stew it had bubbles in it...came to find out Giddup SPIT in it...that is what did me in..thinking if I had tasted it..I am still all freaked out over that.. :lmao:

mingiz

Horse Poor
Pasofever said:
I got chili ate all of it..what made me sick is when I went to try the stew it had bubbles in it...came to find out Giddup SPIT in it...that is what did me in..thinking if I had tasted it..I am still all freaked out over that.. :lmao:

:yeahthat: The stew is innocent :flowers: It was the sick minds sitting around it :gossip: :crazy: :blushing: :shrug: having fun :killingme :lmao: