Snakes

somdebay

Bushy23 said:
This is mostly me venting, but why do people in this area kill every snake they come across? I am from the midwest originally, and learned to respect nature in general. If we saw snakes, we gave them space and went on our way. While I am out fishing the charles county area lately, I always seem to come across headless or obviously murdered snakes. Brown snakes and black rat snakes. Is it just a tradition around here, or is it ignorant fear?? I just don't get it and it makes me sad to see these beautuful reptiles killed for no reason.

who knows...but I saw this pretty snake at Calvert Cliffs State Park yesterday, there were actually 2 of them, but 1 took off.

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 133
D

dems4me

somdebay said:
who knows...but I saw this pretty snake at Calvert Cliffs State Park yesterday, there were actually 2 of them, but 1 took off.

:poorbaby: I would have ran too!! :jameo: :jameo:

somdebay said:
Nice picture, he posed for you. If there were two of them I'll bet they had some hanky panky in mind. :lmao:
Here's a snake I met in the desert in CA.

Last edited:

TotalControl

Leap Of Faith Farm
you would not beleave my hubby brought home a baby snake from work tonight from his shop but we do not know what kind it is ..it is actualy cute it is not aggressive me hubby and my 8 year old was holding it my 13 year girl was affraid and it did not seem like it wanted to bite us just get away from my son mostly .. But when it was put in a container it seemed to try to coil up and make it self look bigger and hold it's head up but not strike or anything just keep an eye on what was going on with it's surroundings .. It looks like it is black checkered with grey throough out it's body did not get a look at it's stomach .. My hubby native to Maryland thinks it is a decay snake ???? Me I am from MA have no clue what kind of snakes are around here ......

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
TotalControl said:
you would not beleave my hubby brought home a baby snake from work tonight from his shop but we do not know what kind it is ..it is actualy cute it is not aggressive me hubby and my 8 year old was holding it my 13 year girl was affraid and it did not seem like it wanted to bite us just get away from my son mostly .. But when it was put in a container it seemed to try to coil up and make it self look bigger and hold it's head up but not strike or anything just keep an eye on what was going on with it's surroundings .. It looks like it is black checkered with grey throough out it's body did not get a look at it's stomach .. My hubby native to Maryland thinks it is a decay snake ???? Me I am from MA have no clue what kind of snakes are around here ......

Does it look like this?
http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/site/accounts/information/Storeria_dekayi.html

It sounds like some kind of earth snake which includes dekayi snakes and is probably an adult. They're pretty small. If it's a dekay it probably won't eat in captivity. Let her go!

Nanny Pam

somdebay said:
IMHO ...the only pretty snake is a dead snake.

TotalControl

Leap Of Faith Farm
MysticalMom said:
Does it look like this?
http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/site/accounts/information/Storeria_dekayi.html

It sounds like some kind of earth snake which includes dekayi snakes and is probably an adult. They're pretty small. If it's a dekay it probably won't eat in captivity. Let her go!

Ya kinda looks like that but very tiny and we are not going to keep it hubby will let it go when he gets home We just like to look at nature close up then release it thanks

spicy

greyhound said:
I love the Water Moccasin sightings :lmao: (you can't convince people otherwise, even though they are just common water snakes)

It is illegal in the state of Maryland to kill any native snake...so any of you "Water Moccasin" sighters...I guess it would be ok to kill them, because they are not really here. :buttkick:

What if the snakes are on a plane thats above Maryland?? Still illegal?