So another POS criminal cant' behave himself and Atlanta burns...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Last edited:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Champion said he worried that the Atlanta officers were not getting due process and the charges in the Brooks case seemed politically motivated. He noted that Howard recently charged four officers with aggravated assault after a viral video showed a group of officers shattering the windows of a sedan and Tasing two Black college students inside.

“The D.A. says a Taser’s a deadly weapon,” he said. “Well, then it was a deadly weapon when Mr. Brooks pointed it at a police officer.”

Chris0nllyn

The DA overcharged IMHO to earn attention dollars.

I wonder if that's the long game. Overcharge knowing they don't have the evidence needed to convict, jury acquits the officers, DA can shrug his shoulders and say "The system works most of the time, but sometimes we get results we do not like.", officers get back pay and jobs if they want it.

The town hopes the news of the officers' acquittals are buried in that day's news cycle to spare the town from being burned down.

herb749

I wonder if that's the long game. Overcharge knowing they don't have the evidence needed to convict, jury acquits the officers, DA can shrug his shoulders and say "The system works most of the time, but sometimes we get results we do not like.", officers get back pay and jobs if they want it.

The town hopes the news of the officers' acquittals are buried in that day's news cycle to spare the town from being burned down.

The Marilyn Mosby method . :razz:

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Whoa, Nelly. If what Brosnan's (the second officer) lawyer said about his client's taser being taken and discharged by Brooks during the scuffle at Brosnan (& hitting him, then causing a concussion) we have an entirely new discussion about the validity of the shooting and the DA's charging (of both officers).

If this statement is true (and can be verified somehow), there is no way the charges on either officer will stand.

shipwreckedcrew at RedState has an excellent article:

The stuff about Brosnan, the taser, concussion, and actions of the officers after the shooting are in the second half of the article.

This will be interesting. And if Atlanta burns a third time (the first being Sherman), it's all on the DA.

BTW, shipwreckedcrew also writes quite helpfully about the Flynn case....

--- End of line (MCP)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Atlanta Detective Sides With Officer In Defense Filing For Rayshard Brooks Case, Says Brooks Would’ve Been Charged On 10 Counts

“My investigation showed that [Rayshard] Brooks’s behavior did in fact warrant several federal charges, but before I was able to pursue those charges, I was informed that [Rayshard] Brooks had died, negating the necessity for that portion of my investigation,” he added.

Hogan then lays out ten charges he says he would have sought against Brooks:

1. DUI/DUI Less Safe, a violation of OCGA 40-6-391
  2. Felony Obstruction, Two counts, a violation of OCGA 16-10-24
  3. Aggravated Assault against a Police Officer, Two Counts, a violation of OCGA 16-5-21
  4. Battery against a Police Officer, Two counts, a violation of OCGA 16-5-23.1
  5. Theft by Taking, a violation of OCGA 16-8-2
  6. Removal of Weapon from a Public Official, a violation of 16-10-33
  7. Robbery, a violation of OCGA 16-8-40.1

As reported by AJC, attorneys for the former officer, Noah Pines and Bill Thomas, have filed a motion seeking reasonable bond for their client. Pines and Thomas maintain in the motion that if Rolfe had reason to believe Brooks committed a crime involving the “infliction” or “threatened infliction” of “serious physical harm,” he was justified in using deadly force.

Hijinx

Is it time to get tough with the mobs and stop the rioting or time to get tough with police and virtually say the rioting is getting the response the mob wants.
What is it the mob wants.?

Basically they want to remove by mob violence any semblance of order.
They want the country run by mob violence. So far that is what is happening.
One day violence will be met by violence and on that day the SWHTF.

herb749

Is it time to get tough with the mobs and stop the rioting or time to get tough with police and virtually say the rioting is getting the response the mob wants.
What is it the mob wants.?

Basically they want to remove by mob violence any semblance of order.
They want the country run by mob violence. So far that is what is happening.
One day violence will be met by violence and on that day the SWHTF.

But you do know those poor innocent peaceful protesters will not be blamed. :p

BernieP

Resident PIA
Cops do not automatically take you in for DUI. Last summer in the outer banks a car that I was in was pulled over for speeding ( right after the county had dropped the speed limit on 12 ) . The officer smelled beer on the driver and gave a field sobriety test he apparently was one point over . The officer then asked if any one felt that they were ok to drive I said that I was, he checked my license and had me do the test also . Mentioned to me that the driver was "a little over " and he didn't feel good with letting him drive I drove us to dinner . It was amazing how courteous this officer was .
because he didn't pull him over for suspected DUI and he was a little over. Which says the driver was alert and capable, but the officer didn't feel comfortable. The other part is that there was a driver available to take over.
Totally different situation.
In the Atlanta case the guy was behind the wheel, in the drive thru lane, passed out.
The cops treated him well until he decided he didn't want to take the ride to jail.
They are not charged with being a taxi or paying for a ride home.
The routine practice is to take the DUI to the station, book and release - if a family member or friend agrees to take them home.

phreddyp

because he didn't pull him over for suspected DUI and he was a little over. Which says the driver was alert and capable, but the officer didn't feel comfortable. The other part is that there was a driver available to take over.
Totally different situation.
In the Atlanta case the guy was behind the wheel, in the drive thru lane, passed out.
The cops treated him well until he decided he didn't want to take the ride to jail.
They are not charged with being a taxi or paying for a ride home.
The routine practice is to take the DUI to the station, book and release - if a family member or friend agrees to take them home.
Did you have a difficult time digesting my post ? Or just extra time on your hands right now ?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Charges Dropped Against Atlanta Officers In Rayshard Brooks Shooting

Two Atlanta police officers who shot and killed 27-year-old Rayshard Brooks outside a Wendy’s restaurant in June 2020 will not face charges for using deadly force, authorities announced Tuesday.

Pete Skandalakis, executive director of the Prosecuting Attorneys’ Council of Georgia, said Officer Garret Rolfe, who shot Brooks twice in the back, and Officer Devin Bronson, of the Atlanta Police Department, faced a “dynamic situation” that was “quickly evolving.” Such factors prompted the special prosecutor to drop the charges against the officers.

On June 12, 2020, Rolfe and Brosnan responded to a call about a man who fell asleep at the wheel while waiting in the drive-thru lane of a Wendy’s restaurant in South Atlanta. The officers approached Brooks and spoke to him for nearly 40 minutes before concluding that the 27-year-old man had imbibed too much alcohol.

Patrol car and body-cam footage from the officers revealed Brooks admitting that he consumed alcohol before his encounter with law enforcement. He would later consent to a portable field alcohol test that came back above the legal limit of .08 blood alcohol content. As soon as the officers tried to detain Brooks, he resisted arrest and wrestled his way out of the officers’ control, who both fell to the ground during the incident, resulting in Brosnan’s concussion.

Will99

Don't bet on it. Will depend on the mood/social pressures surrounding the trial at the time of the trial.

If this doesn't go to trial we'll see riots. If it does and the officers are acquitted we'll see riots. If they are convicted it will go on to appeal and most certainly will be overturned. And guess what then? Riots. Because those who profit from racial tension will ensure whatever the outcome is is profited from. There will be "questions" about jury make-up and either verdict. There will be "questions" about overturning the "will of the people" if any conviction is overturned. And if the POs get out from under this they will never work again in any meaningful way as they will be doxxed & hounded (as will any prospective employer).

NONE OF WHAT THE DA HAS DONE IS FAIR OR JUST OR HELPFUL.

Which is why I said the DA should have approached this differently; should have put the shovel down.

--- End of line (MCP)

Will99

I think it’s safe to bet on. A prosecutor couldn’t find guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. This was a political decision to charge in the first place and it’s only the woke crowd who would have ever thought the cops should be charged in the first place.